1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bengals-Jets Thread

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    No thread for this yet. I'm not really watching until the 2nd half, but are the Bengals actually playing or do they not care?

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Playing so far.

The Jets used a wildcat play and got a huge run to set up their TD.

This coming from the team who was *****ing about us running it down their throats earlier in the year.

I hate the Jets more than words can describe.

Fin-Omenal and Dolphins1Beatles like this.
  3. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    No joke! "Dolphins don't play real football" yadda yadda yadda as we swept them. I'm at 3 Wildcat plays and counting?....Jets are right up there with the Pats for me.

4. DarkLadyJets

DarkLadyJets Sanchez FTW!

Aug 27, 2009
    New York, NY
    The highlight of your entire season is your sweeping of the JETS, yet you still finished below .500 for the year. Your own coach called you mediocre.
    I guess you gotta milk the small victories. :up:
    GO J-E-T-S!

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We are mediocre, and you're mediocre along with us. The difference is most of us admitted we weren't going to be contenders this season. Jets fans think they are when they start winning, then go back into hiding when they start to lose. Giants Stadium was pretty empty 2 weeks ago, then all of a sudden poof they show up.

your own coach said you were eliminated from the playoffs two weeks ago after that 10-7 loss to the Falcons. Our coach is honest and not a dumb@ss, I'll take it!

Rocky Raccoon and azfinfanmang like this.
  6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Are you kidding me?
    What was that? 13 plays and 3 points :lol:

Reminds me of an older kid playing with a younger kid.. you know, holding him back by the forehead as the little guy swings like crazy.....

And.... Mark Sancho is NOT a good QB.

Somebody PLEASE watch this guys footwork. He almost NEVER steps the direction he throws... he just really is not very good...at all....

7. DarkLadyJets

Aug 27, 2009
    New York, NY
    We're mediocre but we're on our way to the playoffs. And once a team is in the playoffs anything can happen. We're so mediocre we have the:

#1 Defense
    #1 Rushing offense.

Yeah we suck, The mighty Dolphins are so much better than us. I knew Dolphin fans were crazy I just didnt know they were this crazy. Continue to enjoy your Sweep of the JETS this season while sitting on the couch. Im outa here, you guys are loons. Enjoy the offseason.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The Jets may upset someone in the playoffs but lets face it, if Indy had kept their starters in and if the Bengals needed this game the J-E-T-S would be sitting H-O-M-E...

9. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    ??? Never said it was the highlight of my season, I was just pointing out the fact that your players called out the phins for not playing real football and then turned around and started emulating the phins.

And you're right..you may "make" the playoffs, but you hardly "earned" a spot there.....IF you win tonight....

10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    CIN wake up....lets go.....

11. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    All that and the Jets still couldnt win the division, and the playoffs aren't even a lock. Wait until they go on the road and face a team that actually tries to win if they do. We will gladly enjoy our sweep/bragging rights. Please leave and don't forget to hide under your Yankees hat like all the other bandwagon Jets fans do once they lose.

12. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    CIN can not CATCH a COLD tonight.....horrible...and flags galore......embarrasing right now.

13. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    CIN is really really HORRIBLE tonight......they must really want to play JETS in CIN in WC round.

sad.....effort!

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Yuk!

Maybe P.White can develop into a Brad Smith in a couple of years...

Going to bed I hate when the cameras do a close up on Jaba Ryan its truely disgusting.

15. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wow, the Jets sure mocked us for kicking their butts with the wildcat, have used it like theres no tomorrow for it this evening. :lol:

Rex Ryan was right, he didnt want to be like Bellichick, he wanted to be like Sparano! Last year we were mediocre for making the playoffs because Brady went down allegedly, this year the Jets get in because the colts pulled their starters last week? Jets fans singing a different tune this year arent they.

That being said, wow, the Bengals look awful

16. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Somebody should remind Collinsworth that Ted Ginn had a big game against Revis.

I guess that doesnt matter though. :lol: Gotta love the media

anlgp likes this.
  17. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't think Cincy is trying very hard in this game. They're not going to be showing their hand if they have to play again next week. I don't blame them, I think I'd rather play the Jets than the Texans too.

18. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Carson Palmer 1 of 10. Ouch.

19. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I really wonder about his mental toughness to play QB, in New York no less. He seems to get REALLY down on himself when he screws up. That is not good for a QB.

20. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

quoted for absolute truth

21. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Turn out the lights!!!!!!!!

22. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Glad NBC gave us this snoozefest tonight.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You think if we have Ronnie Brown you run better than us? And do you think if we played the Colts resting their starters, and the Bengals not caring the roles wouldnt be reversed?

LOL of the century.

24. DarkLadyJets

Aug 27, 2009
    New York, NY
    Coulda woulda shoulda. We were ahead of yous guys in rushing even before Ronnie Brown went down. ( Shonn Greene is a BEAST)
    LOL of the Century is you saying " If we did this or if we did that we wouldve done this or we wouldve done that"

Bottom line is the JETS won 6 out of their final 7 games to be in the position they are. I can play "coulda woula shoulda" too. If Feely didnt miss 3 FGs against ATL we wouldve gone 7-0 in our final 7 games. We DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO. It's not like you guys didnt have a shot, you were just unable to beat teams you HAD to beat. THE AFC was wide open, you lot didnt capitalize or take care of business. The JETS beat teams they had to beat. You can talk about the Colts mailing it in all you want, but the JETS can only play who is on the field. I understand you hate the JETS, but now you're just being illogical.

25. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    SNF has been awful this season, so many boring blowouts. What happened? MNF was a million times better. Can NBC do anything right nowadays?

26. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    ill take the high road and be the first to man up and say congratulations getting in
    i wont root for the jets in cincy next saturday
    jets squeezed in
    they made it happen somehow

27. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    There were some REALLY shoddy MNF games this year too. Many many crap prime time games this year IMO. More than usual...

28. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    well we can talk about it because thats what they did. Sure you were in the position to capitalize. But that had more to do with who made the schedule and a little less to do with you winning before hand.

29. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    HAHAHAHA! Anyone hear Andrea Kraemer say that she needs a wide angle lens to fit Mangini and Mangold into the same frame?

30. DarkLadyJets

Aug 27, 2009
    New York, NY
    Thanks for your classy post.

31. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

you guys copying the wildcat has to be the funniest thing ,

32. DarkLadyJets

Aug 27, 2009
    New York, NY
    It's the BradCat LOL.

33. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the play-offs. you're the only play-off team we swept this year! its a victory all around! you guys get in. we get the 12th pick in the draft. wins all-around today. i think this is just the beginning of the next chapter in this fun rivalry.

all year long, we had the sweep, it was our season.
    but today, its the jests day with the play-off wiggle in.
    feb. we'll see who scores in FA. i think the Jets, as usual, will be busy.
    come next april, it'll be our turn at the draft.

Rinse and repeat! :up:

34. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I too would like to say Congratulations to the Jets. I may not like it but you did capitalize on the opportunities placed in front of you.

35. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well sometimes it all comes down to luck. Last year Miami caught the breaks this year they didn't. Last year Favre fell apart down the stretch this year the Jets feasted on two teams that had mailed it in. That's the NFL and you can't fault the Jets for taking what was handed to them...yeah it sucks for us Fin fans who wished we had the same luck but I am sure Jet fans said the same last year. The Jets did what they had to do to get in even if in my honest opinion they half earned it (I would have said the same about Miami).

It would be easy for me to slam the Jets because of some a-hole Jet fans I've met who did nothing but say Brady got Miami in last year and now I guess I could take the same pathetic role and say the Jets beat second stringers to get in but I won't. Both situations are true but I'd be a hypocrite to defend Miami and slam the NYJ...both took the advantages they were given plain and simple. Miami earned their playoff spot last year and the Jets did this year.

Personally if the Jets can get past Cincy next week and get Indy the next week I think the Jets make the AFC Championship. I think the Colts mismanaged their season down the stretch and they are going to fall apart like they did in 2005. I think Cincy may unleash their real gameplan next week at home versus the Jets and Cincy should win but its Cincy they may very well choke the game away. I give the Jets a good 40% shot of winning that game.

Things that win you playoff games are a strong running game and a great defense (ask the 2000 Ravens) and the Jets have that. I have them as my second most dangerous dark horse team right behind Green Bay in the playoffs. I honestly would not be shocked to see the Jets win a game or two in the playoffs. I actually like the Jets better than the Patriots in the matchups so far.

I have to give the Jets the respect they deserve.

36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It has nothigto do with hate. It's easy to make it when team lay down in front of you, you earned nothing.

37. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Its funny how you guys criticize us for using it on your team and now you start to use it :pity:

38. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Like you know anything about classy posts.

Here is the weather for Sat night:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USOH0188?dayNum=3

And Rex wonders why they are not favorites, gee fatso, maybe it's the fact your glamour boy is not comfortable in bad weather.

39. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The biggest joke is how fat Rex and fans like you are overestimating how good the Jets really are now. 'We went out and beat every practice squad we HAD to beat!!' Woohoo! The Dolphins were ravaged with injury. If the Jets had suffered anything close to that extent we wouldn't be able to turn to any sports channel or webpage without hearing fat Rex b*&ch and moan about it. The reality is that with basically every key player healthy [aside from Washington and Jenkins, something fat Rex couldn't stop pointing out], they couldn't even beat a banged up, reeling, eliminated from the postseason, Falcons team. And that was a game that we all, fat Rex included, thought HAD to be won. So enough about this 'we take care of business when he have to' BS. If not for a few other teams stumbling that would have eliminated them. Last year NE went home with 11 wins. More luck.

Enjoy Saturday's game. I'll look forward to watching number four and five in a row next season.

40. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I knew Jets fans were stupid but not this stupid.