been here a few months but haven't made this post until now

25 replies

the 23rdthe 23rdNew MemberOP
Jun 7, 2009, 03:10 PM

Was born & raised in Baltimore Md.
Don Shula coached Baltimore from 1963 until the end of the season in 1969 when Robbie picked him up for Miami. The two biggest names in Colt history are John Unitas & Don Shula. We hated to see him go.
Most Colt fans were watching & supporting the rise of the Miami Franchise under Shula when everything came to a screeching halt for the Colts:
My Dad & I watched the owner (Robert Irsay) literally steal into the night with our beloved Baltimore Colts after their final game & last win @ Memorial Stadium, on Dec 18th, 1984. They surfaced in Indianapolis. Everyone knows the rest of that story.

the next day, on Dec. 19th, 1984, we went (as did many Marylanders) from Dolphin Supporters to diehard Dolphin Fans

More on a personal note: Went into the military directly after high school & served as a machine gunner with the Americal Division during the 68-69 TET Offensive. (member of the VFW, DAV & American Legion).
Moved to Rio de Janeiro after completing college in 1973, spending almost ten years in South America where I completed a Graduate Degree in Latin American History & taught @ the Federal University.
Spent nearly a year in Europe & N. Africa, returning to states in late 1984. Moved to Hollywood, Florida & became a season ticket holder in 1985.
I retired @ 52 & am currently residing in Spring Hill, Florida (30 miles north of Tampa) with my wife & two children (ages 15 boy & 5 girl) We moved shortly after the birth of our daughter in 2005.
I have a number of academic publications & work mostly @ short stories, poetry & the proverbial never-ending novel that I just can’t seem to get right.
I am very pleased to be posting with thePhins.com. I hope to celebrate & commiserate our Miami Dolphins with my fellow DolFans @ my new site of choice.
Have posted & still visit many other sites & have made many friends throughout Dolfandom. I am looking forward to growing into the season with my fellow posters.
GoFish!:up:

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Jun 7, 2009, 03:20 PM

Welcome to the site and thanks for the outstanding introduction!

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Jun 7, 2009, 03:26 PM

'Bout time you got around to this, welcome, glad you joined us. Thanks for serving. I lived in Spring Lake on Baseball Pond road once upon a time, and my son was born in Hernando County Hospital some 23 years ago. Only lived over on that side for 5 years, but I loved the country.. just missed the Atlantic to much and had to come back east. Over here I'm all about Florida pioneer history, over there I was involed with artifacts and archeology clubs. Used to walk the side of 19 in Spring Lake and find points and scrappers probably every third time I did it. Great area.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 7, 2009, 03:33 PM

Welcome bro, thanks for becoming part of the best phins site around.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jun 7, 2009, 04:00 PM

Awesome brother

I have noticed your posts and was wondering about the person behind them. Thanks for clearing all that up.

I would also like to thank you very genuinely for my freedom. Regardless of where anybody stands politically or otherwise, I am eternally greatful of thse that have served so that me and mine can enjoy our freedom's.

Thephins is an incredible Society that is bonded by a certain Football team. I feel it is an even better place with you here brother.

BTW: What's the signifigance behind the23rd?

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jun 7, 2009, 04:26 PM

It's great to have you here bro, and I have enjoyed our conversations. Welcome Brother!:hi5:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jun 7, 2009, 04:47 PM

23rd Infantry Division

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Jun 7, 2009, 08:08 PM

I know we've spoke before, but its good to have you here, youve been a good addition! If you need any help, let me know!!!


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jun 7, 2009, 08:27 PM

hey...um...welcome aboard? :confused2:

;)

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Jun 7, 2009, 08:28 PM

Welcome to the family.
Sit, relax and enjoy. :up:

THThemoleNew Member
Jun 9, 2009, 08:05 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

'Bout time you got around to this, welcome, glad you joined us. Thanks for serving. I lived in Spring Lake on Baseball Pond road once upon a time, and my son was born in Hernando County Hospital some 23 years ago. Only lived over on that side for 5 years, but I loved the country.. just missed the Atlantic to much and had to come back east. Over here I'm all about Florida pioneer history, over there I was involed with artifacts and archeology clubs. Used to walk the side of 19 in Spring Lake and find points and scrappers probably every third time I did it. Great area.

Let me know where you keep em Marty. It's easier to steal them than make them.:shifty:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Jun 9, 2009, 08:17 PM

"Themole wrote:

Let me know where you keep em Marty. It's easier to steal them than make them.:shifty:

someone beat you to it

THThemoleNew Member
Jun 9, 2009, 08:28 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

someone beat you to it

Wasn't me, my friend!

BTW, I'm going on a probe this week end. The storms have moved a lot of silt from the point my daughter lives on. Much of it is down to the hardpan where the points just lay there ready for the taking.

Big problem could be lurking out there though, my partner in crime (daughters father in law) thinks he spotted a Bull Shark feeding on something. I don't want any of that!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Jun 9, 2009, 08:49 PM

"Themole wrote:

Wasn't me, my friend!

BTW, I'm going on a probe this week end. The storms have moved a lot of silt from the point my daughter lives on. Much of it is down to the hardpan where the points just lay there ready for the taking.

Big problem could be lurking out there though, my partner in crime (daughters father in law) thinks he spotted a Bull Shark feeding on something. I don't want any of that!

damned things.. where you least expect them. Good luck! Just finished transcribing some stuff you would like, keep an eye on your emailbox.

sorry about the hijack 23rd, Indians and their knapped tools get us ol swamp stompin Florida boys goin'.

THThemoleNew Member
Jun 9, 2009, 08:53 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

damned things.. where you least expect them. Good luck! Just finished transcribing some stuff you would like, keep an eye on your emailbox.

sorry about the hijack 23rd, Indians and their knapped tools get us ol swamp stompin Florida boys goin'.

Well, he's officially a "friend". He's just gonna have to learn us!

I'm ready for any new info you are willing to share.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

dolfan06dolfan06New Member
Jun 10, 2009, 02:18 PM

"Themole wrote:

Well, he's officially a "friend". He's just gonna have to learn us!

I'm ready for any new info you are willing to share.

Let me introduce myself to you mole. i'm the one who's called half dozen times and you're never home. called at all different times.


>@))))%> GO DOLPHINS!

THThemoleNew Member
Jun 10, 2009, 05:31 PM

"dolfan06 wrote:

Let me introduce myself to you mole. i'm the one who's called half dozen times and you're never home. called at all different times.

Hello Larry! Good to hear from you, sorry for not being home. Now, if your daughter had a place on the river and also kept your three grand children there, where would you spend your spare time?:wink2:

Seriously, we don't hang around here all that much anymore. For the past two years we've been involved in clearing the lot, installing bulkheads, renovating the old dock and helping with getting their new home built. And the GRAND BABIES!

Life is surely great around here lately. As much as I loved visiting them when they lived in Nashville, I will take them living 18 miles from us rather than 600 or so. I owe it to them to help in anyway I can.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Jun 11, 2009, 01:01 PM

"Themole wrote:

Hello Larry! Good to hear from you, sorry for not being home. Now, if your daughter had a place on the river and also kept your three grand children there, where would you spend your spare time?:wink2:

Seriously, we don't hang around here all that much anymore. For the past two years we've been involved in clearing the lot, installing bulkheads, renovating the old dock and helping with getting their new home built. And the GRAND BABIES!

Life is surely great around here lately. As much as I loved visiting them when they lived in Nashville, I will take them living 18 miles from us rather than 600 or so. I owe it to them to help in anyway I can.

Gotta' love those grand babies. Aren't they the most wonderful gifts ever?
Mine live right next door, so their in and out constantly.

THThemoleNew Member
Jun 11, 2009, 01:49 PM

"dolphindebby wrote:

Gotta' love those grand babies. Aren't they the most wonderful gifts ever?
Mine live right next door, so their in and out constantly.

Oh Debby, God has surely smiled upon us, hasn't he. There is absolutely nothing more comforting, humbling or fulfilling than nurturing these little ones.

We've had the two oldest since 8 am this morning, Jenna 3 & Brent 2, to allow my daughter to go to Jax for a checkup. It's now nap time, so I put in an instrumental cd and asked her to help me name the instruments. She does very well with them. Her favorite being the Saxophone, which this cd didn't have. But she likes the harmonica, which was the lead instrument on the Red River Valley cd. Three songs into it and she was gone. They are so precious!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Jun 11, 2009, 01:54 PM

"Themole wrote:

Oh Debby, God has surely smiled upon us, hasn't he. There is absolutely nothing more comforting, humbling or fulfilling than nurturing these little ones.

We've had the two oldest since 8 am this morning, Jenna 3 & Brent 2, to allow my daughter to go to Jax for a checkup. It's now nap time, so I put in an instrumental cd and asked her to help me name the instruments. She does very well with them. Her favorite being the Saxophone, which this cd didn't have. But she likes the harmonica, which was the lead instrument on the Red River Valley cd. Three songs into it and she was gone. They are so precious!

Mine are growing up so fast. Their now 10 and 7. I miss holding them so much. I still love on them all the time. They "have" to spend the night a lot, as they say. Me and grandad need company. They put on shows for us etc. I just love it. there's nothing better than grandgirl love. :up:
Mine are into Hannah Montanna, High School Musical and a lot of music, which I listen to closely, much to their disdain. LOL

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jun 14, 2009, 12:04 PM

What a great intro, we already knew you are a great poster and Dolfan, but this is nice, now we know more about you, the pleasure is all ours.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Jun 15, 2009, 10:52 AM

Welcome to the site 23! Let us know if you need anything

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Jun 16, 2009, 09:23 PM

Welcome The 23rd! Thanks for the great intro, as well as your service to our country. It is very much appreciated.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 24, 2009, 01:40 AM

welcome brother, thanks for what you did for us and our country.

Aug 9, 2009, 11:52 AM

here's my late response to your late intro. LOL. I'm glad you found this place. I'll echo what everyone else has said, that was one heck of an introduction. thanks for what you've done for this country, and thanks for following shula over to Dolphin Nation! Keep the posts coming!