1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beck's ability at QB has to be determined

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flsphyde25sbjul25,0,4015407.column

good read..

Crunkcore likes this.
  2. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Parcells has a history of very quick turn-arounds. I believe the team will be much improved in their play this year based on a better coaching staff alone.

I do agree that the coaches want Beck to win the starting job this year. As the article says, I don't think anyone on the staff is under any illusions that McCown is anything more than a vet backup. If Beck does not win it, he's off the team and they go into full grooming mode to get Henne ready for next season and maybe even some end of season games this year.

I believe Beck will win the starting position though, and be fairly successful. He has had the coaching this off season that he did not get last year to get him ready for this level of play. His work ethic and determination are second to none. He has the physical and metal abilities to be successful at this level. What remains to be seen is if he can put it all together and keep it once he steps under center... I think he can.

Coral Reefer and Themole like this.
  3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL

:up: Nice post.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Hope Beck turns into the guy and shows us he's got way more than we think. Then again my boy Josh might jest turn us into a winner, ya just never know! :up:

Themole likes this.
  5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    "But Beck's public stock has dropped to the point McCown has become the people's choice. That's silly."

Enough said.

6. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    McCown hasnt shown me anything wearing a Phin Uni because he hasnt worn it yet. Im not holding my breath because weve seen Culpepper/Green. He may be good but Beck will get his chance and hopefully grab it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  7. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Don't hold your breath for McCown showing you anything either. Culpepper and Green are much better QB's... or at least were at one time. McCown never has been considered such.

Beck will not only get his chance, but run with it.

8. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Thats exactly how im watching this scenario bkbuffet. Im running with it and hoping one of them will grab the chance and play decent. Beck is my favourite mainly due to the "unknown" factor that comes with him. Just wish he had another good WR and TE to compliment Ginn and Running game.

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hopefully it works out for beck or henne. Right now, as far as im concerned, its Beck's job to loose. Of course thats if I was calling the shots... but im not..

10. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Good read.