Beck???
158 replies
Can someone please explain to me how and why Beck continues to get praised by his peers,the announcers,some fans, and other "knowledgeable" football minds?? This kid has shown me NOTHING! Someone posted that Beck has great pocket awareness.When was this? I must have missed it. Others claim he makes great decisions. When was this? I must have missed it.Early in todays game one of the announcers compared Beck to Brees. GIVE ME A BREAK! Beck is not even an average NFL QB. If he becomes one then so be it.Right now Beck shows NOTHING. Granted,the O-Line today was horrible but Beck did nothing when he did have the time to throw. No offensive T.D.`s again. Pathetically horrible.
Ahh just like the good old days of about a month ago.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
Threads like these.....LOL. People expect too much from a rookie QB who has no running game and is on the worst team.
He really hasn't show anything yet, it's still early and to his credit he did as good as could be expected in his first two games. As far as this game goes, not all blame could be put on the O-Line, sure they were pathetic but Beck didn't help matters either.
I just hope to see steady improvement from him, if we don't see anything this season, I would definately look at drafting another QB @ #1 next year.
well the line sucked, he doesn't have very good targets, and we had no running game....so those all contribute to his bad day...
"RGF wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how and why Beck continues to get praised by his peers,the announcers,some fans, and other "knowledgeable" football minds?? This kid has shown me NOTHING! Someone posted that Beck has great pocket awareness.When was this? I must have missed it. Others claim he makes great decisions. When was this? I must have missed it.Early in todays game one of the announcers compared Beck to Brees. GIVE ME A BREAK! Beck is not even an average NFL QB. If he becomes one then so be it.Right now Beck shows NOTHING. Granted,the O-Line today was horrible but Beck did nothing when he did have the time to throw. No offensive T.D.`s again. Pathetically horrible.
To Beck's credit . . . he did show great pocket presence in his first 2 games . . . . so he had a bad game . . . get over yourself . . . it happens, it has been that type of season. The whole offense was bad today, they need to regroup and try to win a game in Buffalo next week, plain and simple. Beck is the guy from here on out, and he is in OJT mode . . . let him learn on the job . . . I am not gonna throw him under the bust because of one bad game . . . get real, Manning may end up being the greatest statistical QB of all time, and he had 6 picks earlier this year . . . with a FARRR superior talented team . . . I'm gonna give Beck more than 3 games before I decide on him.
Yea he looked awful, and he will get thrown under the bust by talk hosts this week . . . . but if he is pulled, I will be HIGHLY PO'ed . . . give the kid time.
"Dollarz wrote:
Threads like these.....LOL. People expect too much from a rookie QB who has no running game and is on the worst team.
If people refuse to knock him because its too early then how the hell can they praise him then? Up to this point Beck shown nothing to merit his praise.
"Dollarz wrote:
Threads like these.....LOL. People expect too much from a rookie QB who has no running game and is on the worst team.
Sorry, but Beck deserves all the criticism he gets. No excuses, just results. He has lead us to 6 offensive points and is too afraid to play anything but dump off ball. We will never win a game with a QB who refuses to read anything more than 5-10 yards. Beck is actually playing worse than Cleo Lemon, and I didn't think it was possible.
"RGF wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how and why Beck continues to get praised by his peers,the announcers,some fans, and other "knowledgeable" football minds?? This kid has shown me NOTHING! Someone posted that Beck has great pocket awareness.When was this? I must have missed it. Others claim he makes great decisions. When was this? I must have missed it.Early in todays game one of the announcers compared Beck to Brees. GIVE ME A BREAK! Beck is not even an average NFL QB. If he becomes one then so be it.Right now Beck shows NOTHING. Granted,the O-Line today was horrible but Beck did nothing when he did have the time to throw. No offensive T.D.`s again. Pathetically horrible.
You answered your own question before you even asked it.


Hopefully we get better next year. Draft Matt Ryan with the first, start Beck next year and if he cant get better than Fiedler we throw in Ryan. We have to get a franchise QB and its rare we're going to get a chance to draft one (I hope). If both pan out we trade one in 2009


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"Kdawg954 wrote:
To Beck's credit . . . he did show great pocket presence in his first 2 games . . . . so he had a bad game . . . get over yourself . . . it happens, it has been that type of season. The whole offense was bad today, they need to regroup and try to win a game in Buffalo next week, plain and simple. Beck is the guy from here on out, and he is in OJT mode . . . let him learn on the job . . . I am not gonna throw him under the bust because of one bad game . . . get real, Manning may end up being the greatest statistical QB of all time, and he had 6 picks earlier this year . . . with a FARRR superior talented team . . . I'm gonna give Beck more than 3 games before I decide on him.
Yea he looked awful, and he will get thrown under the bust by talk hosts this week . . . . but if he is pulled, I will be HIGHLY PO'ed . . . give the kid time.
I agree, he showed good pocket presence the first two games and showed growth on accuracy between his first and second game. Obviously today was a different story, but this is to be expected in only his 3rd start. We definitely need to establish a running game to help him out. We're 0-12 I understand the frustration, its a tough situation for everyone.

"Kdawg954 wrote:
To Beck's credit . . . he did show great pocket presence in his first 2 games . . . . so he had a bad game . . . get over yourself . . . it happens, it has been that type of season. The whole offense was bad today, they need to regroup and try to win a game in Buffalo next week, plain and simple. Beck is the guy from here on out, and he is in OJT mode . . . let him learn on the job . . . I am not gonna throw him under the bust because of one bad game . . . get real, Manning may end up being the greatest statistical QB of all time, and he had 6 picks earlier this year . . . with a FARRR superior talented team . . . I'm gonna give Beck more than 3 games before I decide on him.
Yea he looked awful, and he will get thrown under the bust by talk hosts this week . . . . but if he is pulled, I will be HIGHLY PO'ed . . . give the kid time.
Today was a great test to see if Beck can handle the pressure. He failed miserably. He needs to get dramatically better if he plans to stick around thats all I`m saying. Lets not put this kid on a pedestal just yet. Sure,we all hope he turns into a quality QB but so far he shows nothing.
"Kdawg954 wrote:
To Beck's credit . . . he did show great pocket presence in his first 2 games . . . . . . . I'm gonna give Beck more than 3 games before I decide on him.
Yea he looked awful, and he will get thrown under the bust by talk hosts this week . . . . but if he is pulled, I will be HIGHLY PO'ed . . . give the kid time.
I'm going to have to slightly disagree and say that he showed decent pocket presence in games 1 and 2....not great.
The line played better in those games as well....so it can be a combination of both.
I think he's very raw in that area of his game and I hope he improves.
But as far as giving him a chance you MUST keep him in there. If anything I want to see how he responds to the wave of critics this week and how his head will be come gametime next week.
If he shruggs it off like Fielder used to then he's got a chance to continue to work at it.
Although, in all honesty, this kid seems more and more to be a guy that might come on later in his career ala Gannon and Young than a young slinger like Marino and Manning....but there is talent there.
But...only time will tell if we have a gem like Steve Young or a more average Ken O'Brien.
I just think people see a high pick and think 'draft a top QB' so they are impatient.
.
While it was fair in dismissing his previous two scoreless outings, given the defensive strength of foe, it seems only fair that failing to score a single TD against the Jets today, is equally worthy of scrutiny.

"azstryker wrote:
Sorry, but Beck deserves all the criticism he gets. No excuses, just results. He has lead us to 6 offensive points and is too afraid to play anything but dump off ball. We will never win a game with a QB who refuses to read anything more than 5-10 yards. Beck is actually playing worse than Cleo Lemon, and I didn't think it was possible.
Finally. Someone who saw the same game i did.
Beck and our offense played well against a top-rated Steelers defense in the rain....
Beck and our offense played like crap against a low-rated Jets defense at home...
i have no explanation for that. it just happens i guess...
"Carabinieri44 wrote:
Beck and our offense played well against a top-rated Steelers defense in the rain....
Beck and our offense played like crap against a low-rated Jets defense at home...
:confused2:
.
Beck should have had 5 picks. 2 were dropped. He played awful against a terible defense. Here what I saw:
He stares down his receivers way too often
He can't throw the intermediate or deep out the way it needs to be thrown
He has way too many tipped passes
He plays charlie check down ball (He reads his hot receiver then immediaely dumps off the ball if he's covered).
His deep ball isn't any better than Lemons, or Greens, or Fielders, etc...
Now some of you are giving Beck a pass becasue he has an idiot calling the plays. Hey, even I was guilty of giving him that excuse. However, you just can't play that bad against a suspect at best defense in good weather at home.
Beck didn't take two steps back today. They were 2 huge Carl Lewis leaps backwards. It wouldn't be anything short of a miracle if he recovers.
"Carabinieri44 wrote:
Beck and our offense played well against a top-rated Steelers defense in the rain....
Beck and our offense played like crap against a low-rated Jets defense at home...
i have no explanation for that. it just happens i guess...
0 points and 200 yards of total offense is "playing well"???? Sorry, I just can't follow that logic my friend.
"azstryker wrote:
Beck should have had 5 picks. 2 were dropped. He played awful against a terible defense. Here what I saw:
He stares down his receivers way too often
He can't throw the intermediate or deep out the way it needs to be thrown
He has way too many tipped passes
He plays charlie check down ball (He reads his hot receiver then immediaely dumps off the ball if he's covered).
His deep ball isn't any better than Lemons, or Greens, or Fielders, etc...
Now some of you are giving Beck a pass becasue he has an idiot calling the plays. Hey, even I was guilty of giving him that excuse. However, you just can't play that bad against a suspect at best defense in good weather at home.
Beck didn't take two steps back today. They were 2 huge Carl Lewis leaps backwards. It wouldn't be anything short of a miracle if he recovers.
Agree with everything but the last sentece. I'm sure he'll improve but I have seen nothing of the physical attributes that make me feel we have our franchise QB. I think we may have found our backup of the future but starter? I need to see better zip on the sideline patterns, especially the ten to fifteen yd variety before I believe this guy is anything other than Jay Fiedler II


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"azstryker wrote:
Beck should have had 5 picks. 2 were dropped. He played awful against a terible defense. Here what I saw:
He stares down his receivers way too often
He can't throw the intermediate or deep out the way it needs to be thrown
He has way too many tipped passes
He plays charlie check down ball (He reads his hot receiver then immediaely dumps off the ball if he's covered).
His deep ball isn't any better than Lemons, or Greens, or Fielders, etc...
Now some of you are giving Beck a pass becasue he has an idiot calling the plays. Hey, even I was guilty of giving him that excuse. However, you just can't play that bad against a suspect at best defense in good weather at home.
Beck didn't take two steps back today. They were 2 huge Carl Lewis leaps backwards. It wouldn't be anything short of a miracle if he recovers.
Considering this season is far from over, a miracle if he recovers from what promises to be, a brutal December.

The lack of a running game and talent in the WRs (except Ginn) was the problem today. They couldn't get the Jets to back off on the blitzes due to no threat in the deep game. With no running game due to the lost of RBs, the offense was forced to be 1 dimensional... passing. Even Dan the Man would have struggled to put up pointss today!
Now I am not saying that Beck shouldn't be critized, but throwing a rookie QB out there to play in a 1 dimensional game with little to no talent to throw to will take it's toll...
"RGF wrote:
Today was a great test to see if Beck can handle the pressure. He failed miserably. He needs to get dramatically better if he plans to stick around thats all I`m saying. Lets not put this kid on a pedestal just yet. Sure,we all hope he turns into a quality QB but so far he shows nothing.
hey, i never said he shouldn't be subject to criticism. I just don't want people saying he ISN't the answer after 3 games . . . which the first 2 he showed alot of poise in.
Trust me, I'm not defending him at all, I'm looking at the positives and seeing the things he needs to work on.
I'm sorry, but he is playing w/ an injured backup RB, to go along with 4th, 5th and 6th string RB's . . . one of the worst WR/TE combo's in the league, and an overachieving OLine, who finally underachieved today. It was a bad effort on the whole offense, and they need to regroup and do better.
For Cam Cameron's sake, they best do better . . . because I think today, his job officially became "unsecure".
Trust me, zero TD's from this offense in 3 games is EMBARRASSING . . . and all 3 have been w/ Beck. One thing I will say w/ Cam . . . I can see why he didn't throw Beck in right away . . . he isn't ready, but now that he is starting . . . u have to roll with him.
"Califin wrote:
Considering this season is far from over, a miracle if he recovers from what promises to be, a brutal December.
It's going to get very ugly that's for sure. ESPN will probably post a poll of when we will score our next offensive touchdown.
"RGF wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how and why Beck continues to get praised by his peers,the announcers,some fans, and other "knowledgeable" football minds?? This kid has shown me NOTHING! Someone posted that Beck has great pocket awareness.When was this? I must have missed it. Others claim he makes great decisions. When was this? I must have missed it.Early in todays game one of the announcers compared Beck to Brees. GIVE ME A BREAK! Beck is not even an average NFL QB. If he becomes one then so be it.Right now Beck shows NOTHING. Granted,the O-Line today was horrible but Beck did nothing when he did have the time to throw. No offensive T.D.`s again. Pathetically horrible.
martin missed two blocks that lead to sacks or INT's, And Booker when in at RB was awful in protection, he missed one key block. yes beck made some rookie mistakes, but he had no blocking today

