1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beck has broken collarbone?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by hooserdaddy, Aug 15, 2009.

1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I hate that your checking out Tom Brady's butt-crack:sad:

like2god and adamprez2003 like this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Absolutely.

Some of the posts in this thread are just pathetic. I'm actually embarrassed they're on the site.

dolphindebby, gafinfan and Anonymous like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: the guy never got a fair shot to be that guy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    There are exceptions, of course.

steveincolorado likes this.
  5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I don't see the need to hate on Beck.
    He was the product of a messed up fo, coaching and training.
    I like him and still hope he gets a fair shake.
    I don't think any of the players that played for that old team should be judged at all. For the most part, I believe they did what they were told and look where it got them and the team.
    They were condemned if they talked against the fo. And cut by the fans for trying to take up for the team. It was a horrible year and needs to be let go.
    I don't even know if Dan could have come out on top, as a rookie with the way the team was handled in '07.
    I don't think anyone could possibly know what Beck could have been as a qb because of all the junk that he was put through.
    This is just my opinion. You guys know the ins and outs of plays etc. like I've said before, I don't. But I can see when someone is treated wrong and have their confidence stripped away.

6. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    He was in Miami for a 1 and 1/2. That's plenty of time to tell if he has "it" or not.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I disagree. QBs who never take snaps under center in college often take several seasons to adapt to doing so in the NFL.

8. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Wasn't he a star QB at BYU before coming here? He must really be bad if this FO dumped him that quick. I have nothing against him, but it's really BS when people say that a player never got a chance. OTA's, mini-camps, training camps, preseason games, ect. He had the chance.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Steve,
    I am completely fine with you not believing in him being a good QB

What I do have issue with is anybody celebrating his injury. That is what really isn't right regardless of whether he turns into an All-Pro or never takes another snap as a Pro.
    All he ever did was go into Miami, kept his mouth shut and his eyes and ears open.
    He busted his *** trying to become better and it just didn't work out. Don't hold that against him

steveincolorado and dolphindebby like this.
  10. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks Kenny you said what I guess I was trying to say.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he had his chance but I also think he was limited when he was given that chance. He didn't exactly have a quality team around him during his time here and I think that's part of what held him back. I liked the guy quite a bit and still do to be honest. I had two issues with him as starting quarterback. The first one was that the team simply didn't believe in him. There was a comment made about the players basically not believing in him because he wasn't commanding in the huddle. Yet, he played pretty damn well three out of his five games in my opinion. The other issue that I had with him was simply that he seemed to be mentally fragile and I blame that partially on Cam Cameron. I think whenever one discusses a team that is at a struggling point, the word continuity is brought up. I felt that we lacked that. Guys wouldn't believe Beck and didn't have much interest in Cameron's beliefs either. To boot, Beck plays well for three games and then gets pulled and sits for two weeks before being put in the game against Cincinnati in the season finale. If you're going to put a guy in, stick with him. You can't put him in and out and then think that he's going to be fine. That rattles his confidence because its like "why the hell do they keep alternating quarterbacks?" or "do they have any confidence in me? I struggle one game and they immediately sit me?". I simply don't think you can do that. If you're going to give a young guy his chance, you have to stick with him through the growing pains.

azfinfanmang and Alex44 like this.
  12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    did someone celebrate his injury here? I know I said that he should just retire and take a job in insurance or something. Thats not celebrating his injury. Thats me looking out for his best interests :wink2:

I also find it wierd that this guy got more love than AJ Feeley and Harrington who did more with less than Beck had. Feeley beat the Pats and Harrington had a couple of wins under his belt. Hell, Lemon beat the Ravens!

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Always good to see your posts Alen :up:

alen1 likes this.
  14. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm not saying anything bad about him. I'm just saying he had a chance and just didn't do the job at hand. I agree with you about the celebrating of a injury, it's not needed.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  15. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    We had a horrible team the Offensive line was GOD AWFUL not to mention a injury plagued team.

Stop fooling yourself. I'd love to see any QB play on our 1-15 team.

16. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I didn't see enough of him to make a fair judgement on whether he can play or not. I do wish the guy well, don't take what I'm saying against the guy. I was hoping he would work out for us, but the FO thought differently.:up:

17. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    HOW ABOUT CLEO LEMON? He got a win. When Cleo Lemon outplays you, you've got problems

18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Cleo had what 4-5 years more experience in the NFL?

Btw Cleo wasn't the sole reason we beat the Ravens

19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    He was a star in shotgun offense. If you track QBs that were successful in those college offenses you find that it takes 2 or 3 full seasons before those QBs adapt, if they ever do.

So no he didn't get that chance here. And I'm not even sure that Beck would have been dropped if CP had not become available. So it's not that he was that bad but rather that the team had a chance to get someone better.

dolphindebby likes this.
  20. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    ugghhhh. thephins.com should turn john beck into a teddy bear doll and sell them on this site. Bet they could sell a few hundred:thumbdown: fuzzy little beck fans ugggghhhhh . comes with its own chicken mcnuggets so you can diagram plays just like john did

21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    What I'm not allowed to think different than you?

Just because someone see's a situation totally different than you. Not sure why so many people dislike Beck he was a class act.

22. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Nobody is saying anything bad about Beck other than he just struggled to prove himself as a QB.

23. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    And I was pointing out that 07 Team was awful and any QB would fail.

24. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    You guys are bascially saying he sucks, and should just give up now based on two years.
    You shouldn't. In 07, he played decent. He did have his terrible moments, but in the situations Cameron put him in, he played decent.
    He didn't play great after that, but his career isn't over. He can still have a solid career.

25. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i'm just having fun. of course you can think differently. the same arguments you are making for Beck I made for Harrington and Feeley when they were getting ripped. Class acts, bad teams, no chance. I think they were/are better than Beck will ever be but who knows maybe someday the light goes on for the guy. I just think he played scared and thats the one sin in football I cant forgive

26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I dont know how you can defend them :lol:

27. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what i cant have a different opinion then you :tongue2:

besides aj feeley had a smoking girlfriend and crushed the pats on monday night when they were 14 point favorites

28. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I tried licking the TV once:wink2:

29. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: noone could blame you.