Beck Dealt to WSH
18 replies
@RavensInsider John Beck has been traded to the Washington Redskins. Compensation unclear.
Pretty interesting. I figured he'd stick with Cameron wherever he went.
EDIT:
Ravens traded John Beck for cornerback Doug Dutch, former University of Michigan player. Doug Dutch was on the Redskins' practice squad last year and then signed to reserve/future contract in January.
Well...at least he most likely doesn't have to move...just sayin'
Ravens had to make the trade. There's nobody more competitive than Dutch. 
:chuckle:
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
I think Dutch is gonna get smoked.
worst pick we made in the last five years. getting traded for an undrafted practice squad player straight up says it all. Still amazed how many fans he had


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
worst pick we made in the last five years. getting traded for an undrafted practice squad player straight up says it all. Still amazed how many fans he had
Nothing, as long as I've been a Dolphins fan (which isn't long), tops Ginn for me. That was a facepalm.
"alen1 wrote:
Nothing, as long as I've been a Dolphins fan (which isn't long), tops Ginn for me. That was a facepalm.
Ginn will probably be #3 receiver in San Fran. Beck is going to have a hard time even being #3 QB in Washington. Ginn actually produced for us albeit too infrequently. Beck was an unmitigated disaster his time here. For me the closest competitor to Beck would be Jason Allen and at least he's contributed periodically. In the end there is noone who has done less than Beck in the last five years in relation to where he was drafted. Its not even close IMO


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"alen1 wrote:
Nothing, as long as I've been a Dolphins fan (which isn't long), tops Ginn for me. That was a facepalm.
Hah I knew you still were a fan of a team somewhere in there :up:
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Ginn will probably be #3 receiver in San Fran. Beck is going to have a hard time even being #3 QB in Washington. Ginn actually produced for us albeit too infrequently. Beck was an unmitigated disaster his time here. For me the closest competitor to Beck would be Jason Allen and at least he's contributed periodically. In the end there is noone who has done less than Beck in the last five years in relation to where he was drafted. Its not even close IMO
I think Beck was ruined by this team. Guys like Rex Hadnot quitting didn't help.
Ted Ginn was just bad. No other way around it IMO. I supported him but then he started to be pretty bad and there was no way to support him. The guy just sucked IMO. I remember when he got drafted. I was at a friends house and threw my cap at the TV.
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Ginn will probably be #3 receiver in San Fran. Beck is going to have a hard time even being #3 QB in Washington. Ginn actually produced for us albeit too infrequently. Beck was an unmitigated disaster his time here. For me the closest competitor to Beck would be Jason Allen and at least he's contributed periodically. In the end there is noone who has done less than Beck in the last five years in relation to where he was drafted. Its not even close IMO
That might be true. But at the same time, a #3 WR with a top-ten pick is Al Davis material. Missing on a QB in round 2 isn't all too uncommon.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"alen1 wrote:
I think Beck was ruined by this team. Guys like Rex Hadnot quitting didn't help.
Ted Ginn was just bad. No other way around it IMO. I supported him but then he started to be pretty bad and there was no way to support him. The guy just sucked IMO. I remember when he got drafted. I was at a friends house and threw my cap at the TV.
Disagree. I think Beck was ruined by genetics


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"Stringer Bell wrote:
That might be true. But at the same time, a #3 WR with a top-ten pick is Al Davis material. Missing on a QB in round 2 isn't all too uncommon.
missing with a first rounder isnt all that uncommon either. probably very similar


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Disagree. I think Beck was ruined by genetics
Man that was harsh to read. :lol:
He'll continue to not ever see playing time. Good for him to earn money that way I guess
The guy actually threw a decent ball...... it was the whole whole crapping his pants every time the ball was snapped thing that did him in
JS
You never know with the Redskins. Didn't Todd Collins get a whiff of some post season play there? Then promptly fell back to obscurity.
All I can say is thank god for the FO. We went from Green/Lemon/Beck to Henne/Pennington/Thigpen.

