1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bears wave flag on LT Chris Williams

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Oct 13, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    last yr I had the Seahawks picked out for trouble because they just assumed Walter Jones would come back from microfracture surgery, when he did not, they were caught flat footed even when the situation was predictable.

This yr, it was the Bears, they tried Orlando Pace at LT, but he was done, this yr they put Chris Williams at LT, this when he has a long history of injury issues, and was a RT when he did play, so the Bears were my choice for the team that with just a touch of foresight could have avoided this situation.

Granted Left Tackles do not grow on trees, however they had months to make arrangements to avoid this outcome.

Jay Cutler will snap sooner or later and it is totally predictable.

texanphinatic likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Agreed, and with the Martz system having an excellent OL is paramount.

Their defensive rejuvenation and some timely ST play is all that is saving them from being a bottom feeder this year. I still do not understand how Clay Matthews didn't ring up like half a dozen sacks when the Pack played them, especially considering the Giants performance.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Yeah, you can see it from here, Cutler is already a high strung guy, let another 8 sack performance happen and there will be fireworks.

Their D has looked good, but they remind me of the Dolphins "D" circa 03 or so, good, but they can be had and they also have caught a bunch of breaks, turnovers, the packers melting down via penalties.

The Carolina game was baaad football.:sad:

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And so the shuffling begins, interesting side not is Je'Marcus Webb is the cousin of Richmond Webb, he is now manning RT.