1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beanie Wells Leaves seriously injured.

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BuckeyeKing, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Not all fans are like that. I only rag on Michigan because we as Buckeye fans HAVE to and Notre Dame on here just for Don:wink2:

If that is your only criteria, then I would hate the Fins too because we have some idiot fans as well

2. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I understand not all fans are like that and that every team has its share of obnoxious fans, some more than others. Just stating the general consensus to your question/statement. Its not the only criteria just the most common one.

Mainge and finswin56 like this.
  3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I would strongly disagree with that. Anyone that thinks they don't have talent obviously doesn't what much college football. Plenty of talent there, especially compared to the rest of the conference. They have by far the easiest road to the BCS NC out of the Top 5. As for speed, even as a Buckeye fan you have to admit that was one of the major factors in the last two BCS games. Not that you don't have speed, you just went up against two of the fastest teams in America.

finswin56 likes this.
  4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    No I don't think so at all, What it was the Bigger guys the Trench guys were faster.

For example Floridas Dlinemen were very quick something Ohio St never faced al year, Harvey and Co caused so much damg that even with that Strength from the Oline it was useles against quick Defensive linemen.

Last year was not the case it was 10-17 Chevis Jackson deflects a possible TD pass from Boeckman to Robo they try to kick the field goal and it gets blocked. Speed had nothing to do with it, LSU game planed better and forced TO's.

It is what it is though we lost but Ohio St has speed at every position. I would take a guess that its largely do to Trench guys, I'd take SEC Oline/Dline over Big Ten Oline/Dline

Believe me go to ESPN and just click on anything Buckeye related you wil see USC fans, SEC fans chime in on their opinion on the Buckeyes.
    I'm well aware not everyone thinks that way but there are people who do.

I know I'm cocky when it comes to Ohio St and sometimes come off arrogant but I know for a fact we match up better against Pro style Offenses(USC, Georgia, ect) I think the nation is going to be surprised when USC isn't dropping 40 points on the Buckeyes, even more so when the Bucks with or without Wells moves the ball quite well.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    What makes me laugh is all the "thanks" given to any post that spits negativity toward OSU. Some may deny it but there is a HUGE amount of hatred for Ohio State around here, call it mad at fans from another board or whatever you want but I see three consistent Buckeye fans around here and none of us say anything anymore out of line than anyone else.

The speed thing is always funny but Im used to that nonsense....I mean was Michigan faster than UF last year?? Did Ginn not make every blue jersey disappear from sight that opening kickoff? Did everyone on LSU's defense fall down and thats why they never caught Well's during that long run?? Ohio State lost because of a lack of emotion and heart vs FLA and just a lack of talent vs LSU.

So if we beat USC all the "haters" will find something else wrong its just the way it is. OSU hate will never die around here....oh wait thats right....some Buckeye fans ticked you off before a game you won by 30+, now thats a reason to be mad. :pity:

Skeet84 likes this.
  6. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Its all good. I really don't think anyone is "mad", absolutely no reason to be really. Despite what you think I honestly have nothing against the school or team itself, just some bad experiences with some fans, and not just the ones from before the 2006 game. Regardless, its all good. People have their own ways of supporting their team. :up:

Fin-Omenal, finswin56 and Skeet84 like this.
  7. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I suppose I am being called as one of these "Haters". However I just try and give my opinion.

I never said Ohio State never had anyone fast or they were slow. They just don't have as many as some other schools. Ohio State has talent at every position and tht talent is most times better than anyone else.

I also never said USC would drop 40 on Ohio State which is very unreslistic because OSU plays great defense. I just think that USC matches up very well with OSU and will pull out a victory.

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Skeet I was referring to most of the people on ESPN not you bro.

September 13 we will see.

Skeet84 likes this.
  9. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Well you need not worry about that and quit ducking the Gators! I want our match! Buckeye's are going down!!!! :tongue2:

10. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The Gators are sooooooo good. I give them mad props for being able to correct their mistakes in their game saturday. Not every team can rebound from the countless errors they made in the first half. Kudos!

11. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    You, Maj, and LtDan are NOT the source of any ill feelings toward OSU fans. Also, it wasn't just the fans from another site. It was every damn OSU fan that I and people I am close with met in the weeks leading up to the game. The arrogance was overt. My father in law had an OSU fan laugh in his face. They were loud and looking for attention. Find a UF fan that went to that NC game. Ask them about the OSU fans they encountered before the game and their behaviour. I know several that went, and all relayed strikingly similar stories. The stories are worse than anything I've ever seen, including a Jets game.

That is my experience, and one that I have never encountered on a level close to that game. The NC game against FSU wasn't close to this, and that was against a team that had already beaten UF, and is our #1 rival. It is a birth right to hate FSU and their fans. Even that game paled in comparison to the OSU game. They at least had sound reasoning to be overconfident.

This is why OSU has become one of my absolute favorite teams to root against. We all have them. College football fans marry their team. There is no free agency. Players are not hired guns. That's one of the greatest things about college football. You have your team, and that's it. You also have the teams you love to hate. When a team makes that short list, it typically finds itself in a long term seat.

I can hold a grudge like no one's business, and I keep that grudge in an iron grip. I make no bones about this. My memory is long.
    I'm tired of this whoa is me crap. UF fans do not like OSU, get used to it. It is not YOU or anyone on this board. It just IS at this point, and a couple of OSU fans that aren't ill behaved (after the fact) won't change anything. I'm not about to pretend that I have any tolerance for OSU just because of those here. So don't take it to heart, because it isn't personal. We've explained this before. And I don't think we (UF fans) have denied our feelings toward OSU, so there should be no misperception there.

One of my best friends is a die hard Jets fan. I was his best man, but he knows I HATE the Jets and their fans. That hatred goes deep. To the point that I smiled with glee for every one of their 15 losses under Richie Kotite. We are still as tight as ever because he doesn't take it personally, and neither of us pretend to be something we're not.

PMZQ, Mainge, BuckeyeKing and 4 others like this.
  12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Sorry fella's I didnt know it ran any deeper than the issue a few years ago at the "other" site....

I just hope you dont hold it against me and MAJ,DAN and Gish because I think while we all are homers, yes.. but also somewhat respectfull to the other programs. I mean we all have it out for Michigan but thats to be expected.

Me personally I have a ton of respect for Tebow both on and off the field. And LSU has been one of my fav. teams for a while. I love watching SEC football there is no doubt as a whole they play the best football in the country right now..actually Im kinda liking Bama's resurgance.

I have NEVER disrespected USC but the scarlet and gray glasses I wear tell me we are gonna win. Sorry but Im confident in my team.

Mainge, BuckeyeKing, Skeet84 and 2 others like this.
  13. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    :hi5:

I expect you to be confident. OSU is a hell of a program. You can bet your *** I'm confident about UF (although the other Gator fans here may think I'm a pessimist sometimes :pointlol: )

We're good bro. Just don't expect me to congratulate OSU on a win unless it's against FSU. Although, a win against USC might get a little :knucks:

14. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Even though I hate OSU with an undieing passion I hope he is okay. Would not be the same if USC or anyone else beat OSU without Beanie in the game.

15. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Finswin I had no idea what you went through, I have to admit probably every Buckeye fan that year his head was big from all the praise the Buckeyes were getting. Florida was a wake up call to most fans hopefully in the future you never will have to run into fans like that.

finswin56 likes this.
  16. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Every fan THAT YEAR? bro I live around Georgia fans, Seminole fans, Cane Fans. and Gator fans mostly which don't talk like the Buckeye fans around here. Its crazy and to tell u the truth I thought it would have gone away with the National title game but nope. They make up excues and go on like crazy.

17. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I have to admit, aside from the fans on the other site I havent really had any negative experiences with OSU fans. My grandma is one, so maybe that warms me to them some lol. But when i went to the Fiesta bowl, decked out in ND gear, they were very nice. Maybe they've gotten more arrogant since then (very possible).

18. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    bro don't take the hate so seriously. Its just a joke and the only reason its osu more then others is because of their championship appearances. Every one pretty much rags on every one when it comes to other sports other teams and as for homerism, I'm pretty sure we are all a little bit homeristic (is that a word....). about one thing or another, hell I still hold out every year hoping the seattle sonics will win a championship. :lol:Do feel free to make fun of the gators and seminoles, but STAY AWAY FROM THE HURRICANES!!

Its ok no one likes USC I'll be pulling for you guys....:up:

Fin-Omenal, finswin56 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  19. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Can't make fun of the Gators because they beat the Buckeyes :cry:

20. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    At least you beat us in basketball right? Oh wait!! We won that too! wooo hooo

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Not this past year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2:

22. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Nope congrats! You guys killed us! I like ur center Koufos (sp) real nice player. hope he does well in the NBA. I forgot which team he went too

23. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Went to the Mormons and he is sucking. He needed to stay 1 more year and play PF while Mullens takes care of Center. He wasn't NBA ready, Othella Hunter kicked his *** twice in the summer league. Hunter tore it up with the Hawks not sure if he still on the team.

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    The Columbus dispatch says its a toe injury and Wells' may even play this week vs OU.

Great news fella's he will be available for USC, myself I wouldnt give him anymore than five carries vs. the Bobcats....save him for when we will really need him Sept. 13.

25. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    This injury confuses me. He went down like he got shot, had to be carried off the field and nothing is wrong with him?

Motion likes this.
  26. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    No kidding, now his mom is supposedly saying it was a toe injury? Odd to say the least. Hopefully he'll be back for USC though. Tressel would be a fool to play him against Ohio.

27. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Honestly IMO he got a cramp in his foot. I know exactly what it feels like, its very painful for about 20-30 seconds, worst than a Calf cramp.

Its funny if its true, btw sounds like they will be playing him.

28. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Beanie is weak IMO.

Has all this talent, but not as tough as a Heisman candidate should be.

And Don is right, he went down like he got shot.

Skeet84 likes this.
  29. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :pity:

Played through a Broken wrist and a bone spur in his ankle all last year. He takes alot of punishment but don't make it seem like this is a serious injury. Every athlete gets a cramp people react differently. When I played basketball and would push hard up and down the court I'd get some bad cramps that would force me to stop running.

But please don't question Beanies toughness because he is tough.

30. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I meant weak in the relative sense (Tebow last year for example was tough).

31. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't understand.. Beanie was never healthy last year and still played...... Now if you want to call him frail go for it but don't question the guys toughness.

32. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't know how a guy that big can be frail (fragile you mean?).

I can question his toughness all I want, I am an armchair quarterback after all. :wink2:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  33. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i know what you mean. i got a cramp in my foot last week. it hurt like hell. and it lasted longer than 20-30 seconds. it felt similar to being kicked in the balls, but in the foot.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  34. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    if it was indeed a foot cramp, or even a toe injury. those are both very painful, and can send someone to the ground. Especially if they are RUNNING, and putting a ton of pressure on it.

Anyone get the feeling that Pete is just a hater? I think his history of Buckeye hatred should be taken into account here. Maybe hatred isnt the word for it, perhaps jealousy. And you know what, no one hated the Buckeyes until they beat UM in 02. That doesnt follow the pattern of something to be hated, but jealousy or envy certainly fits the bill.

Fin-Omenal and BuckeyeKing like this.
  35. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Michigan fans? Any big ten fan that wasn't a fan of OSU perhaps? :rolleyes:

I didn't realize I hated OSU fans as much as I did until the UM game in '02 (most people who saw their reaction around me when Willis got hit would likely feel the same), but I have always hated the program. They are a rival after all.

36. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Pete I did mean fragile, fine question his toughness still played injured all of last year.

37. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    If he just had a cramp, which is obviously just a guess at this point, what's with the boot he had on at the game and the next day on campus? Was he just embarrassed for crying and wanted it to seem worse than it was?

finswin56, Skeet84 and Stitches like this.
  38. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Its just speculation due, I guess they want everyone to think its kinda serious, and please show me pictures of him crying please find those pictures.

Please don't make it seem he is attention getter. I sure its a minor injury he is just a bit embarrassed how it was treated.

39. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    sorry, i kinda lumped you into the national hate group. the local hate is obviously jealousy. it was easy to tell the michigan fans in ohio. they were always the ones that loved to go against the majority whenever the opportunity presented itself. For some reason they seemed to think it was a smart choice to be a michigan fan living amongst Buckeye faithful. BAD CHOICE!!! They signed up to love the Wolverines in hope of getting to rub it in OSU fans' faces after they play. Too bad their plan flipped on itself and now they live in the land of ridicule.

About the McGahee hit. I loved it too. Yeah, he got hurt. Big deal, no sympathy from me. We're talking about a team of self-proclaimed soldiers. The cockiest team of alltime. NOT THE FANS. THE TEAM. They were a bunch of thug-wannabes. Combine that with the complete disrespect of the national media. And its kinda hard to feel bad about watching their team suffer a huge loss. Can you confidently tell me that USC fans didnt feel similarly when they heard about Beanie last saturday? They know that they are expected to go undefeated, and OSU is their biggest threat. I'm sure many beers were popped at the breaking of the news.

40. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    I know it's speculation, just saying it was probably more than a cramp given the boot...or the boot was a cover. I'm glad he's alright, you need him vs USC.