1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BCS Rankings--Week 3; TT passes Penn St in BCS!

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BuckeyeKing, Nov 2, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Rk Team
    1.Alabama
    2.Texas Tech
    3.Penn State
    4.Texas
    5.Florida
    6.Oklahoma
    7.Southern Cal
    8.Utah
    9.Oklahoma St.
    10.Boise St.
    11.Ohio St.
    12.Texas Christian
    13.Georgia
    14.Missouri
    15.Brigham Young
    16.LSU
    17.Ball St.
    18.Michigan St.
    19.North Carolina
    20.Georgia Tech
    21.California
    22.Florida St.
    23.Maryland
    24.Northwestern
    25.West Virginia

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Texas Tech passes Penn State in BCS standings

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Can't really say it's a big shocker. TT beat the #1 ranked team and PSU was on a bye. Won't hear any complaints about these rankings from me (unless they are about OK state being so low).

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    so texas wins out, are they in if TT and bama lose? could we see a texas psu bcs game?

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Really depends how thing tur out. I think Florida could make a case at a spot but that loss to Ole Miss hurt them.

5. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Only way Texas gets in the championship game (big XII) is if TT loses twice. And, i can't see Texas making the NC game without them winning the Big XII.

Oboy likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    It didn't hurt us that badly. Granted it came to an unranked team, but Ole Miss is a better team than people give them credit fore. Either way, it's usually better to lose early than it is to lose late like Texas has. Besides if the gators keep turning in the complete performances on offense, defense and special teams it'll probably erase all memories of the Ole Miss game. Furthermore IMO if it came down to a one loss Texas and a one loss Florida team I say this not as a homer, but I think Florida is a better team. Texas has a good offense, but I don't think their defense is very good. Especially not as good as Florida's. Lastly, the most common scenario of UF going to the BCS title game is to win out and face an undefeated Alabama team in the SEC Championship game. Assuming that happens UF would be ranked the 5 at the worst if no upsets occur, and Bama would be 1. We win that game you can't tell me we don't vault to 1 or 2. Especially not after TT just jumped like 7 spots to get where they are now after beating Texas.

7. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't know what non-gator fan could say that with any amount of certainty, since the only team Texas lost to was the former #7 team in the nation, who is still undefeated.

And I also don't think Florida would jump to #1 or #2 if they beat Bama, unless Penn State and/or Texas Tech loses.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Your crazy to think Florida would not jump Texas. If they beat the #1 team (Alabama Maybe) than they would jump Texas. Florida is on fire right now and they have already done bowl projections with the Gators playing Penn State for the National tite!

9. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't think even a gator fan can say it with any amount of certainty. I mean it is just pure opinion. Like the debate in here last week. Texas and all the Big 12 teams have good offense, but are they great? We don't know bc they play mediocre defenses.

For what it is worth I did hear Kirk Herbstreit (one of the college guys opinions that is usually pretty good) say he thought the Gators are playing the best football in the nation right now. I personally don't know if we are playing better than everyone else, but just showing there are some "non-gators" that think that way. :wink2:

Stitches likes this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm suprised Texas didnt drop down more than 2 slots.

11. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Honestly, Texas is a good team and they have a very good offense. We've certainly seen that. But what makes me say I think Florida is better, is that Florida has a better defense IMO. Especially with that young secondary.

12. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't know about that... they did beat three top 11 teams in October! Plus lost on a last second TD on the road. I would not think they would drop much. They did drop 3 spots... from 1 to 4.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    There is a reason Texas is still ahead of Florida right now...they have played a MUCH tougher schedule...and lost to a MUCH,MUCH better team.

Ofcourse if UF beats Bama who will likely be #1 at the time things get very interesting....

Thats why college football is so awesome IMO, I still would perefer a playoff ofcourse but these late season debates make it interesting.

Im sticking to my gun's I want to see USC vs Florida very badly and there is a decent chance (assuming the Rose Bowl bypases its stubborness).

DonShula84 likes this.
  14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I do not want to see USC in the title game.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  15. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Wont happen unless everyone else implodes.

I think he meant he wants a USC v Florida Rose Bowl. Only way I can see them playing each other.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  16. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Ugh, I don't want to see another U$C Rose Bowl bid. Hopefully, someone upsets them from here till then. Of course, the last time Oregon State upset $C, UCLA followed. Deja vu?

I don't but then it'd be good for the conference anyways so I'm a bit mixed. Certainly don't want to see Ohio State in the title game again. :tongue2:

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Very good point.