1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC America

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Anybody else here watch this channel. Just started watching a new show Wire In The Blood the first one was really good.

Other shows I enjoy

DR. WHO
    Torchwood
    Top Gear- U.S. version coming soon
    MI-5
    Hex
    Robin Hood

Past series that were good

Life On Mars- U.S. version coming soon
    Jekyll

Celtkin and PMZQ like this.
  2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I have watched Robin Hood which is pretty good.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007

Do you like the actress that plays Maid Marian ? She looks like she could play a female boxer ?:wink2:

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Having lived in England I can appreciate their humor but a lot of americans dont.

anlgp and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  5. ILPhinFan88

My wife hates it when I watch any shows on BBC

6. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    I'll take the hottie on Jekyll please.

7. ILPhinFan88

Awesome season finale to Torchwood

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm in a BBC phase right now, love watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. I also like the F Word, Last Restaurant Standing, You Are What You Eat, and How Clean Is Your House. It's a great channel, I only wish it was in HD.

PMZQ likes this.
  9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    me too, i am totally addicted to kitchen nightmares.

PMZQ likes this.
  10. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Totally addcited to Top Gear. I an't understand some people whinging about Jeremy Clasrkson being anti-American, he classicly English anti-everybodyelse.

11. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    As Time Goes By is a great show.

12. ILPhinFan88

Is anybody else watching Wire In The Blood, it's a good show.

Robson Green (Rocketman, Reckless) returns as Dr. Tony Hill in Wire in the Blood, based on the best-selling novels by Val McDermid.

This season, the first time Wire in the Blood has ever been shot in America, a case takes Tony all the way to Austin, Texas. Robson Green says of the special season premiere, "Wire in the Blood has a loyal and growing audience in the States and we were delighted to have the opportunity to film this special episode in Texas. I was personally thrilled to be working in America for the first time - it was an opportunity for me to develop the character of Tony Hill in unfamiliar territory as he gets caught up with a prisoner on death row."

In the next four cases, Tony and his partner, DI Alex Fielding (Simone Lahbib), will join forces to hunt down a missing girl, ritualistic killers, a serial rapist and a killer - or killers - with a mother fixation.

http://bbcamerica.com/content/115/index.jsp

13. ILPhinFan88

Primeval premieres Saturday, August 9th at 9 pm et/pt.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/320/about.jsp

When evolutionary zoologist Nick Cutter (Douglas Henshall) discovers prehistoric creatures alive and well in the present-day, the natural world is turned on its head, and humanity faces a threat to its very existence. Unexplained anomalies are ripping holes in the fabric of time, allowing creatures from the very earliest stages of Earth's development to roam the modern world.

Whether it's a prehistoric predator Gorgonopsid rampaging through a quiet suburban neighborhood or a swarm of super-sized spiders in the subway, Cutter and his team find themselves up against some seriously beastly opponents. These puzzling creatures all have the same simple fact in common - they don't belong here.

While Cutter and his team struggle to keep the looming disaster under wraps, Cutter also has to deal the fact that his wife, Helen, a fellow scientist who disappeared eight years ago, is not dead as he believed. In fact, she's been traveling through time. However, now she's back, and she holds the key to the riddle of the anomalies. But is it something she's willing to share? If not, what does she really want? Why did she come back?

Cutter, his research assistant Stephen Hart, zoologist Abby Maitland, and student paleontologist Connor Temple race to understand what's happening, while government bureaucrats James Lester and Claudia Brown insist they have to keep the danger secret from the public. As the past threatens to invade the present and destroy the future, Cutter's crew faces a life-and-death race against time.

Primeval was created by Adrian Hodges (screenwriter of the film Tom & Viv) and Tim Haines (writer/director of Walking with Dinosaurs).

14. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    how clean is your house?
    You are what you eat!!!!!!!

15. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I used to watch benny hill,the guy is hilarious.

16. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ive watched MI-5 once or twice. Seems like a cool show.

EDIT: I think its called 'Spooks' on A&E

17. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i am the biggest top gear fan.... i have every episode for the last 10+ seasons, including specials. :up:

best show ever.

18. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I watch Top Gear whenever it's on and also Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. Top Gear is the best car show period.

PMZQ likes this.
  19. ILPhinFan88

There is suppose to be a U.S. version coming soon.

PMZQ likes this.
  20. ILPhinFan88

Primeval Is No Who Clone

The creators of Primeval, the British time-travel series coming to BBC America, told SCI FI Wire that they are trying to shake off any comparisons to the wildly popular Doctor Who.

"It's the one question I've been getting asked about the most: people comparing the show to that Doctor," Douglas Henshall, who stars as an evolutionary zoologist who deals with creatures from the past and the future, said in an interview at the Television Critics Association's press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., this week.

Henshall has instead been comparing the show to The A-Team. "I was mainly trying to avoid the comparison of the show we don't want to mention, and so I picked something very different, and our show is more of an ensemble like that show was," he said.

Primeval centers on a team of scientists who battle creatures that have come through unexplained anomalies that are ripping holes in the fabric of time. The show has aired for two seasons in the United Kingdom and debuts in the United States in August. Primeval already has a large following in Australia, South Korea and Germany.

Of course, comparisons with that other British SF series are inevitable: Primeval counts among its writing staff Paul Cornell, who wrote for the new Doctor Who TV series and authored more than a dozen novels about the Doctor and his companion, Bernice Summerfield.

But don't expect any crossovers with Doctor Who. "No, absolutely not will we have a Doctor Who character pop in on Primeval," producer/writer Tim Haines insisted. "They have very different worlds and realities. Anything can happen on Doctor Who."

The world of Primeval is more reality based, said co-creator Adrian Hodges. But he admitted that he was tempted to sneak in a few Doctor references or inside jokes. "Every time I was tempted to even put in a vague Who reference, I stopped myself," Hodges said. "The worlds are very different. ... At one point, we considered a sly Doctor reference when someone got angry at another character and threw a box set of Doctor Who at them, but we thought not."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=57392

21. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Is FOX bringing Ramsey back this Fall for his Nightmares shows in the US ? We know Hell's Kitchen will be back.

I too watch a lot of BBC America. Of course I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about How Clean is Your House. I also have watched Top Gear a few times. I used to watch it more often, when they had more of the BritComs like Keeping Up Appearances and Waiting for God, Black Adder and The Blue Thin Line. Absolutely Fabulous is still on and I enjoy the repeats and they are currently reshowing a lot of the Monty Python shows too. I also liked their version of Antiques Roadshow too, but they seem to have dropped that one for their schedule.

As for Wire in the Blood, an excellent series, very good taste. :up:

22. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    :up:

23. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Only question will be how will American TV people ruin our version :tantrum:

24. ILPhinFan88

Did you like Life on Mars? They are making a U.S. version of it also that will be on ABC this fall.

25. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    the american version of top gear will be testing/based on SUVs and station wagons :D

PMZQ likes this.
  26. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    The US version of Life on Mars is FAIL.

It's absolutely awful. Anyone who wants to see it should see the original with the brilliant John Simm and Philip Glenister.

Also, there is ONLY one Top Gear. That show works because of all the little idiosyncracies that the presenters have built up over the year. You can't just get chemistry like May, Hammond and Clarkson have.

America has GREAT TV shows; hell, The Wire is the greatest programme ever made and NYPD Blue I will love till I die - Marty reminds me of Sipowicz BTW - I have no idea why they want to ruin shows.

It's like the Weinstein's remaking The Lives of Others for Hollywood. That's just ridiculous.

27. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Please tell me you are joking. That would be a bigger FAIL than Guy Ritchies re-make of 'Swept Away'...k maybe not that bad but you get the idea.

28. ILPhinFan88

I know I loved that show, how is the spin off is it any good?

29. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    well then you have shows like The Office.

the American version and the BBC version are great in their own different ways. its funny, if you watch the very first episode of the US Office, it was almost verbatim copying the BBC version (yes i realize Ricky Gervais was the producer).... but you could tell that they were literally trying to copy 100% the BBC version.

Steve Carrell couldn't pull off the boss role like Ricky did though. Gervais = best character for that show ever. Steve Carrell has his own character that developed over time which is funny as well and good in its own way. So while i think the BBC Office was a better show & concept, the American version is good as well but in a different way.

30. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
  31. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

The spin off; different and yet the same but pretty good. Keeley Hawes is very sexy. If you want it to be Life on Mars, it's not, but if you want it to be really good, gripping TV in a similar vein, then it's great. Gets stronger through the series.

32. ILPhinFan88

Cool, hope they bring it to BBC America soon then. Thanks

33. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    You can download it from Mininova.

ILPhinFan88 likes this.
  34. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
  35. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    :sidelol:

36. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I think Carrell still does an awesome job. Can you imagine a British group of Actors trying to pull off a Seinfeld equivalent? Im a huge fan of British comedy BTW. Ricky Gervais is one of my fav comedians and 'Extras' has to be one of the best shows on TV.

37. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
  38. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    steve carrell is ok, but he can't really "act".... he's one of those guys who is the same character in every role he plays. (see: Nicholas Cage, Will Ferrell, Arnold S, etc, etc....)

have you seen the BBC office Casey? Wayyyy funnier IMO :up:

39. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Have you got Extras yet for those of you who are Office fans?

40. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    you mean the bonus features on the DVD or the special? i have the two-season box dvd set which includes the christmas special. if you're referring to something else, no i don't have it :(