Back on right tackle, Dolphins' Carey under new spotlight

4 replies

TotoreMexicoTotoreMexicoForum VeteranOP
Jun 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
STStLouisFinFanNew Member
Jun 11, 2008, 09:44 AM

"TotoreMexico wrote:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolcarey11sbjun11,0,5787096.story

I'm surprised Skolnick took such a lazy position on Beck...the same old "he's too short and not a Parcell's guy" argument. He's the same height as Henne, and a Parcell's guy is smart, tough and hard working...that's JB to a tee. I would have expected some more insight than this.

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jun 12, 2008, 12:44 PM

"StLouisFinFan wrote:

I'm surprised Skolnick took such a lazy position on Beck...the same old "he's too short and not a Parcell's guy" argument. He's the same height as Henne, and a Parcell's guy is smart, tough and hard working...that's JB to a tee. I would have expected some more insight than this.

What? The article I read didn't even mention Beck, it was all about Carey. :confused2:

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Jun 12, 2008, 12:48 PM

"PhinsRock wrote:

What? The article I read didn't even mention Beck, it was all about Carey. :confused2:

The link he quoted was of the troika presser, and that's where Ethan was lazy

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jun 12, 2008, 02:02 PM

DAVIE - When the Dolphins drafted an offensive tackle with the No. 1 overall pick, most fans weren't thinking about how it would affect veteran tackle Vernon Carey. They had other things on their minds, like Jake Long's behemoth build and his equally beefy $57.75 million contract, the richest ever given to an offensive lineman.

Yeah, the writer was obviously not reading Thephins.com! I guess we're not most fans, we were wondering what that did with the shuffling of the line!