1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aug 11th Live Practice Blog

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mullingan, Aug 11, 2008.

1. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Practicing in the bubble. Really looking for an intense practice today based on everything I have heard, the time for everyone to step up is now. I think the players know it and I hope they respond.

Signed new LB: OLB Maurice Fountain from the Utah Blaze in the Arena Football League. You may remember him from his four years as a defensive end at Clemson (2001-04). Fountain apparently was named to the AFL’s 2008 All-Rookie Team, and also spent some time with the Manchester Wolves of AFL2.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Looks like Henne continues to impress. Sounds like Beck is doing well also.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Get your *** to the JUGS machine and end this drought. Amazing what a difference it is between him in Jacksonville and him in Miami. :pity:

Kanye West likes this.
  5. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah Wilford is just boggles my mind! What the heck has happened to him? He better get it together. This isn't your we paid you we keep you kind of staff. If he does not perform I can see him riding the pine and departing this team quickly. We really need a big target in the redzone and he was supposed to be it. If he can't catch he is useless to us.

6. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Truth is, there isn't any difference really. Although he was Jacksonville's "most reliable" WR, that's like trying to pick out the best scraps out of the trash heap.

He has always had the case of the dropsies, especially here in Jacksonville, also.

He better get it together, fast.

alen1 likes this.
  7. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Wow Chad and Henne getting most reps. What are the odds that Henne has played his way to #2 on the depth chart?

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting.

mullingan likes this.
  9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :up: You're right on. A WR that can't catch is worth nothing!

10. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah Alen, very interesting. I am on record as a Beck supporter, however, I don't think we can look at this as its just his turn. We have had 1 preseason game with "live bullets flying" and the very next practice Chad (who we knew would) and Henne get the bulk of the reps. I think its very significant that Henne got the reps in practice. Of course maybe the plan all along was to let him play more then the other 2 (McCown and Beck during the 2nd preseason game and the staff just wants to give him every chance to prepare. Maybe.... or Maybe he has played his way to #2 on the depth chart which would, IMO be very significant for a rookie to have done. Perhaps he is all that and a bag of chips. Of course, I still haven't given up on Beck being a QB for us this year and beyond, but.. it does appear the tide may be changing towards Henne.

11. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Guess Wilford's hair is going to keep growing for a while. He made a comment the other day that he was growing it till he made the pro-bowl. :pity:

12. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I know what in the heck is going on with Ernest Wilford he needs to step up and step up now.:pity:

13. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Henne really sounds great and I'm sure Pennington will improve as he gets more accustomed to the playbook and etc. Interesting to hear Beck and McCown getting relatively no snaps.

Why the hell do all our receivers have a case of the dropsies its really getting old.

14. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    They are going to get pretty long if he keeps the pace he is gong at not catching any thing.

[​IMG]

15. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Tell be about it bro. I cant believe we cant catch any thing. It sound like our wide recivers could not catch a cold.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't see Henne being number two on the depth chart. He's a rookie and I don't think they want to see him go in if Pennington was to go down, which is very likely for a guy whose played one 16 game season. We'll see how this goes in the next couple days as CK in the Club Level mentioned.

As for Beck, I'm a supporter of him but I don't see him as the QB of this franchise in the future. I love the guys intelligence and work ethic but its not going to happen imo. If they don't move him, I think he could be a good backup for us. However, I do expect them to battle it out for the starting job but Henne winning it. Henne can take hits, has a bigger frame and big arm. Henne just looks so comfortable out there. He just needs to work on not locking onto his receivers.

Also, even though I am a Beck supporter, I do support Henne and have absolutely no problems with him winning this job a year or two from now. If Beck can't get it down, take a seat.

mullingan and slickj101 like this.
  17. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    I am really impressed with Chad Henne he is going to be grteat one day and hopefully it is for us.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Really? I thought he looked better in Jacksonville. He made some nice catches in Jacksonville. I'm going to assume that your located in Jacksonville and have seen more of him than me so I'll take your word for it.

19. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    I agree bro. But Chad Henne with stop locking on his recivers. He is a rookie.

20. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Really I did not know that. I cant believe that. But I will take your word for it.

21. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    The thing is, neither player (Henne or Beck) has really done anything to pull away from the pack or to be "in the doghouse", although you would think that Henne has played lights out from reading the comments in the reports. I think alot of the Henne hype is just overstating of his performance by the media. Both players have done well, but that's about it.

slickj101 and alen1 like this.
  22. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I like this quote and the end result right after.

Sparano isn’t happy with the pace of practice. “This isn’t touch football, let’s tackle somebody!” Next play, Ed Miles gives a nice thump to Parmele.

alen1 and like2god like this.
  23. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yea your right.

Majority of what we read here and some of our reactions are all dictated by what the journalist.... "journalist" at the practice is writing (and not missing by running back and forth to the computer). They can make a play sound better or worse, depending on their bias.

Saying "Henne hits Bess with a 15 yard pass" or "Henne throws a bullet right on the money to Bess while avoiding a pass rush" sounds a little different right?

That being said, what are the odds Henne plays his way to the 1st spot on the depth chart? Now thats what I wana see.

I've supported Beck and will continue to. But, it's my gut feeling right now from watching him and cifering through these reports, that he just isn't ready or doesn't have it.

I'm hoping that we see Henne win a start in the next preseason game (prob wishful thinking bc it will prob not be till the 3rd or 4th game if it happens). Its really impossible to completely judge him unless we see him against a 1st team D. But I have to say, I like a lot of the mechanics and decision making ability that he's shown so far. I'm really just rooting for him or Beck to man up and snag this job from Infant Arms.

I'll also be trademarking the Chad "Infant Arms" Pennington jab for future rants.

alen1 likes this.
  24. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN

Thats exactly how I feel. Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Beck, he approaches the game as it should be. He works hard and he really seems like a stand up person. I really wanted him to succeed, and I think he will. It may just be the type of success that equates to quality backup , which in this day and age ain't a bad gig. There are some good teams out there that are mediocre or just plain lousy if they lose the #1 QB. Never underestimate that value of a "solid backup".

I would also be very comfortable if Henne became the man. Heck, I'd be comfortable if Pennington became the QB we need for 2 years (maybe longer, who knows). Just want someone to man the position and get it done.:up:

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like what Henne brings to our team but I don't want to see him starting on opening day or this year. I think that he should sit back and learn from Pennington. Let him learn like Palmer did from Kitna. As for Beck, I was reading posts, articles and blogs throughout the day and I hate to say this because I respect him a lot but it doesn't look good for him. He very well could be on the outs. I don't agree with the possible move because I feel that if he can't win the starting job, he can be a good backup in this league.

Yeah, backup QB's these days are very valuable in my opinion. For instance, last year we saw a great amount of different starting Quarterbacks around the league. I believe the number of different starting Quarterbacks was in the early thirties or at least that's what I recall reading an ESPN article. As said, backups are valuable to every team in the league whether your the Miami Dolphins or the Indianapolis Colts in my opinion. You never know when a guy can go down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pennington played out his two years here as a starter and then handed over the spot to Henne.