1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio equipment/computer question

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by SICK, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    so i have gotten some equipment for my radio show....

koss sb/45 headset......with basic jacks at the ends of them

looking like this....

[​IMG]

and my mixer looks like this...

[​IMG]

are there some kind of splitters or something that can connect my headsets to this mixer?

and part 2.....how do i get the mixer to plug into my mac ?!?! is it wireless? you would think someone with a ton of radio experience would know....but my stuff was already at my fingertips at the stations i worked at....any help would be awesome! :up:

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Your local radio shack maybe able to help bro.:wink2:

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    im going to sam ash and radio shack this weekend.....hopefully they have what i need

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  5. RAS25

RAS25 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hmm not 100% depends on wnat kind of input jacks are on there. im more familiar with mackie and behringer. we have these "y" calbes at my work that we use 1/8th inch female to double 1/4inch.

as far as the computer im not sure a bunch of my friends are musicians and use this kinda stuff but im not sure. probably some kinda XLR or firewire adapter. i should really know this as i work around this stuff everyday but im not a musician so i dont really experiment with it. ill ask someone tomorrow if i get a chance.

SICK likes this.
  6. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007

They have adapters for everything. Everything...

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I work at a place that has a recording booth so I may be able to help you a little bit. However we've had issues connecting mixers to Macs so this may not work. I'm a little late on this, sorry... But no best answer was marked so I figured I'd submit something.

Let's start with the headphone solution...

First get a 3.5mm stereojack splitter:
    http://www.tomtop.com/35mm-stereo-jack-headphone-splitter-two-35mm-sockets-cable-convertor_p970.html

Then get a stereo to 1/4" adapter:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062468

Basically you plug your headset's stereojacks into the splitter. From there you plug the now single stereojack into the adapter. And then you can just plug it into the headphone input on your mixer.

As far as the connecting your mixer to your Mac goes, I would imagine you should be able to connect it with firewire.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10301&cs_id=1030105&p_id=3542&seq=1&format=2

I think this is the right cable, however look on the back of your mixer and make sure... 9 pin end goes into the mixer, 6 pin end goes into your firewire port on your Mac, but I figure you know this.... Also, don't try to jam your firewire into the port, so many people do this and it just breaks stuff. Usually they try to put it in backwards and attempt to force it in, which ends up screwing up the firewire port. Sorry if this is something you already know, but it's something I see a lot and I doubt you want to do any damage your Mac...

Hope this helps, bro.

8. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

couple of thing here. the first; the headphone jacks are (stereo) mini 3.5 mm plugs and you have (stereo) phono plugs on the mixer. you can get an adapter, mini to phono, at just about any place that sells electronic accessories. you may have to get a kit with several other adapters with it though. That kit should also include a splitter that would allow two headsets to be plugged into one port.

next, does your MAC have a mic in? if it does then you can go from the out put on the mixer (using a phono plug adapter with a cable that has mini 3.5 mm plugs on both ends) and directly into the mic input. your program should be looking for a signal from that input anyway. If not, then a simple config in the options should set it up.

If the MAC does not have any inputs then I assume it is BlueTooth. Not sure if a device exists, but a BT adapter for the mixer may be needed.

hope that helps.