*Attention* RG3 v Washington thread

48 replies

padre31padre31Luxury BoxOP
Dec 29, 2011, 09:05 PM

For fun, this thread is really designed for those who watch Baylor v Washington to see how potential Dolphins Qb Robert Griffin plays.

Add your observations about any player of course.

For me, I want to see him show that elite Speed he has as a fmr sprinter, and his deep ball accuracy along with pocket presence such as it may be.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:13 PM

That was fast, Baylor is in for a long night at this rate.

RG3 has a fine arm, more like a rifle.

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Dec 29, 2011, 09:17 PM

RG3 is a manly man.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:27 PM

"Dolphin1184 wrote:

RG3 is a manly man.

Dude has a rifle arm.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Dec 29, 2011, 09:38 PM

I'm watching him play for the 1st time and am very impressed so far. Looks to have a strong arm, quick release, nice accuracy and tailback-like athleticism. What's not to like?



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:43 PM

I like his game so far, but it's early, and want to see some ballhandling skills from him

play action passes etc

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Dec 29, 2011, 09:46 PM

"Dolphin1184 wrote:

RG3 is a manly man.

I was wrong... he is BEYOND MANLY.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:46 PM

Wow, he just posterized the Washington Defense on that run shades of VY vs USC back in the day.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:49 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Forget his game he got the right hair for this Miami team...:shifty:

But, yeah he got game too...

Sheesh, someone tell him to slow down or he will be as expensive to trade up for as Luck..

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Dec 29, 2011, 09:52 PM

that was a nice TD run.
Didnt get to hear the conversation earlier today on ESPNews(?) but Mel Kiper thinks RGIII is a good fit for Miami

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Dec 29, 2011, 09:52 PM

I just love this kid. He is very intelligent, great arm, fantastic athleticism.

I like him better than luck IMO.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:56 PM

"Dolphin1184 wrote:

I just love this kid. He is very intelligent, great arm, fantastic athleticism.

I like him better than luck IMO.

I like that we maybe can get him without sacrificing everything for luck.

I still like Landry Jones but...sheesh, take the athleticism of Vick and add with great accuracy and you have RG3.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 09:58 PM

Pity Barkley didn't come out, we would have had better trade up options.

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
Dec 29, 2011, 10:12 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Great 2012 doomsday starts early....the Mayans were right.....:lol:

Man, I will be ecstatic if we somehow pulled it off and got him in the draft..

I'd freak out if we somehow get him but i think we screwed ourselves out of the opportunity without trading up in the draft! :pity:

Looks like a RGIII/Gruden combo won't happen in Miami, which would be awesome! :sad:

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 10:21 PM

I think RGIII stays in, just based off of his law school comments. He makes the NFL sound like a fallback option. And posterizing the Huskies D is not that hard......Nick Holt needs to go...freaking albatross around Sark's neck.

I would also pay attention to Keith Price, kid is always upbeat, can make all the throws even on the run, and has the ability to beat you with his feet. EDIT: Price will more than likely be more coveted that Locker IMHO

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Dec 29, 2011, 10:43 PM

What is going on. Let's see what RGIII can do. 35-24 halftime.

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 10:50 PM

The Defense Optional Alamo Bowl....good lord...

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 10:50 PM

"jpep13 wrote:

What is going on. Let's see what RGIII can do. 35-24 halftime.

This is perfect, RG will have to sling the ball around a whole bunch now, none of that pesky running the ball stuff.

So far, I've liked what I've seen but think there was a period where he stopped playing within himself and tried to go sandlot ball a bit to much.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 10:51 PM

"Laces Out wrote:

The Defense Optional Alamo Bowl....good lord...

Man, there is more scoring in this one then at the parking lot of Hackensack High on prom night.

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 10:55 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Man, there is more scoring in this one then at the parking lot of Hackensack High on prom night.

Did anyone play the over? What was it? 96

Dec 29, 2011, 10:56 PM

I'm not sure why I should be drooling all over this performance.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 10:59 PM

"Laces Out wrote:

Did anyone play the over? What was it? 96

Heard it was a 80 o/u.

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 11:14 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Heard it was a 80 o/u.

Hope you bombed that....cuz they are at 66 and it's only the start of the 3rd...

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 11:26 PM

"Laces Out wrote:

Hope you bombed that....cuz they are at 66 and it's only the start of the 3rd...

I don't bet on sports, not seriously anyway.

RG3's chance to rally the team, let's see what he has.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Dec 29, 2011, 11:30 PM

He needs to do something especially after the fumble recovery by Baylor