1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attending the draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by keithjackson, Apr 21, 2010.

1. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    the nfl mass emailed a link to get free tickets to the 2nd and 3rd days of the draft at radio city ( www.1iota.com ) and i figured since i am in the city this week, i might as well take them up on their offer, maybe.

has anyone ever gone before? i absolutely love the draft, and ill take draft day over christmas and birthday ten times out of ten. however im wondering if it would be really boring to be there without the commentary and highlights that you see on television. or perhaps there is commentary there? is there anything to do between picks? ii really have no idea, and would love some input if anyone has any. i dont want to be sitting there in the middle of a thousand jets fans in a chair all day.

i figured id get a ticket for saturday when we have a million picks, and if i go i go, and at least check it out for a little while. everyone should go to the draft at least once in their life, right?

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I went with one of my brothers the year we selected Carey, we got tickets through friends who works for the NFL. Once they announced the trade I called the pick, but none of the Dolphins fans around me would believe it. /pats self on back Plus we were all upset with dummy Dave panicking after Andrews came off the board.

Picks at that time were 15 minutes and it was boring waiting so my bro and I would bet each other a dollar on who the next pick would be. They did give us a decent gift bag that included a radio with headset so we could listen to the ESPN coverage. Its down to 10 minutes now so it should not be as bad. Actually day 2 is 8 and 5 minutes?

I doubt they will give one for days 2 and 3 though so maybe bring your own? I can't imagine after Thursday many people will go so you should be able to get some face time near the ESPN booth assuming the layout is the same in RCMH.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Make sure you take a banner that reads "Jason Taylor, You're A Joke. You belong with the J-E-S-T-S"

Wave it at the cameras and all the Jest fans there.