1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At least we're not the Lions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 77FinFan, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
  2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I have seen the Lions play this season. The only difference between us and the Lions is how long we have each sucked.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I sincerely hope everyone just shuts the eff up about us now.

The talking heads banged the drum that the Lions are the hottest vacancy out there, yet the top HC prospect spurned them for a team with no talent, GM issues and even owner issues.

This proves that the talking heads don't know dick and the things all of us are screaming about what makes a job attractive or not is probably wrong.

4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I can't believe they are hiring this Caldwell clown, this is the best they could find?? I thought he was the worst coach in the NFL when he was with the Colts.

5. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    That is interesting. Maybe he doesn't like Stafford, maybe he wants to draft and groom a QB, maybe he or his family doesn't want to live in Detroit, Nashville is a hell of a city, maybe he sees a weak AFC South. Who knows. So many variables to these things. I like that defense they have in TEN.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    maybe he just didn't want to live in Detroit. Given the choice, I'd take a lesser job in TN than a better one in Detroit any day.

fins1 likes this.
  7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I wouldn't want to live in Detroit either.

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah I would not like to live in Detroit.....

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I was going to say, at least we're not the Cardinals franchise.

From the same article:

Then I realized our track record in that time.

10. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Looking for proof that we're not "as bad " as other teams does nothing for me. I'm just concerned with when the hell can our team become "as good " as the championship caliber teams.

11. MIASportsFan

MIASportsFan New Member

Nov 25, 2013
    West Palm
    Exactly. Comparing yourself to garbage and saying at least we aren't as bad as them doesn't set a championship mindset

RGF likes this.
  12. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    I feel sorry for the Lions' owner for "swinging and missing" on his preferred head coach. He even busted out the private jet for Wisenhunt, just like Ross did for Harbaugh. I'm sure the media is going to just scorch the Lions for being ridiculous, and write all kinds of stories about how embarrassing this is for them, and how their owner is a buffoon. Right? Right?

Fin D likes this.
  13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Exactly. Is this what it's come to? Taking pleasure in the teams that are more dysfunctional than our Dolphins? Wake me up when we can start comparing ourselves to successful franchises rather than looking for the teams that prove we're not the worst.

RGF likes this.
  14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    So people who blast this organization left and right for being a joke and get anyone to come here are given an example of a franchise that is actually that bad, and they pretend like that's irrelevant......just lol.

15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The Titans are a nice young team. Their defense is legit and if they can find a consistently good QB they can make some noise. It's a good hire for them.

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Seriously since when was the Titans situation so bad anyways.. They've got as much talent or more than we do.

Also you have to wonder what Ken Whisenhunts thoughts were of Matthew Stafford. This is a guy that wrote off Matt Leinart in his second year, said he's a bust I rather go with Kurt Warner. And he was right. lol

I watched a couple of Lions' games this season and the games Calvin missed, Matthew was so lost he didn't know what to do with the ball. I'm sure Ken could have developed him into a better quarterback but there are some fundamentals/instincts you can't teach. It's not all mechanical.

At least in the Titan's situation he will have Locker back and then he can choose to roll with him or draft his own quarterback.

17. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

You gotta wonder though...if this had anything to do with living in Detroit vs living in Nashville. Remember happy wife equals happy life.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Who cares what the reason is? The simple fact of the matter is the talking heads were wrong...again as were many of the people on here.

19. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Well...because the talking heads probably werent looking at the whole picture. Detroit is on reallllly hard times right now. Im just saying theirs a good chance it came down to something non football related.

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Again, that's part of my point.

21. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Cant speak for anyone else but my point is I dont put much thought process into reporters gas bag statements anyway. So I woudnt waste my time trying to prove to them that the Dolphins are not "as bad " as they're trying to make them out to be.

22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think considering the sheer amount of unfounded **** we've been given, its easy to forgive someone this indulgence.

23. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    No because he actually fired his head coach before starting a coaching search. Kind of a key element to that debacle that gets overlooked by people that somehow want to blow it off like it didn't make us look like a bush league garbage franchise.

24. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The media is like the internet. You can't always believe what you read. But if several different websites/media sources say the same thing, you start to get concerned. I'm going to let the process play out before I get as wound up as you seem to think myself and anyone else you're lumping into your rant are. But that doesn't stop me from being a little concerned about the structure in Miami. Regardless of what the media says, I worry Ross has given the Philbin/Aponte duo too much power. Time will tell. I'm glad that it seems like qualified applicants are being interviewed and interested in the job.

25. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Maybe Titans offered more money.

26. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    The problem is Monst, most of these different sources that give you greater cause for concern, are simply regurgitating Armando's vomit right back at their followers. La Canfora, Florio, ESPN, none of these guys have insiders in the Dolphins, they depend on beat writers who supposedly have the connections inside the team. They are all going on what Armando is reporting that is supposedly coming from his "sources."

What does it say to you, that the only national media guy who does have a legitimate connection with the Dolphins, Darlington, has said nothing but positive things about the process and the candidate's prospects?

cuchulainn and Fin D like this.
  27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But you and the others have a history of ALWAYS believing the negative. I've illustrated to you guys numerous times how these reports are BS. I've yet to shown how they are not, all I get is just *****ing and fear mongering and negativity. No facts. Just emotional based rhetoric. Based on that, what else should I think?

I have a history of wanting more info before making a decision. I said I wanted more info on Ireland before I decide and that by the end of this season if we miss the playoffs I'd want him fired. Well, we missed the playoffs and I wanted him fired.

I know you and the others are going to take that as an insult, but that is not my intent.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  28. phinator

phinator New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Maybe Whisenhunt prefers a smaller market and doesn't want too bright of a light shining down on him. He has the ability to mold the Titans into his own team faster, word is the organization isn't sold on Locker and with a deep QB class he can find his guy. Of course he had Kolb as his guy in Arizona after he lost Kurt Warner. I don't think Caldwell is as awful as people think. He had a year with Peyton and a year with Curtis Painter, and those two are pretty drastic differences. He was the OC for the Ravens when they won the Superbowl, he'll be a Dungy type. A nice steady presence who won't get into anyone's faces. Depends on if you like fiery Gruden type guys or laidback Dungy types.

29. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Lazor just became the OC of detroit

30. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Most people in the media though that the Lions was the best opportunity because they had to best overall talent of all the teams who had a head coach opening after the season. I agree with that assessment of the Lions. Whisenhunt and his family may like the idea of living in Tennessee more than living in Michigan and he will also be given the opportunity to build the Titans over a few years. If he had taken the Lions job, there would have been expectations that he would come in and turn the team into a playoff team immediately.

Coaches have various reasons for taking one job over another job. Just as Fisher decided to take the Rams job over the Dolphin job two years ago. Even though at that time it was believed the Dolphins had more talent on their roster than the Rams did.

31. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Unfortunately, there are Lions fans that are saying "At Least We Are The Fins"...

32. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    No, Lion fans are drinking.

33. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    MrClean likes this.
  34. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I agree. They certainly didn't appear to be talentless two years ago when they came into Miami and handed the Dolphins their worse loss in the 2012 season. They have the same problem most mediocre teams have right now. That being they just don't have a quality QB for their offense. If they can get a top quality QB this off season, they will be a definite playoff contender in 2014. If they can't find a top quality QB in the draft or in free agency, they will continue to remain anther of the many mediocre teams in the NFL.

35. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Agreed. I take no comfort in this team "not being as bad as".