1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed series

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Tone_E, Mar 6, 2012.

1. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    That is true, but then again, that is a very specific genre and subgenres.

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Its what I play. And with the next Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age games years off, I'll take what I can get until then!

3. Desides

Desides Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Final Fantasy XV is still getting content updates. Honestly I might prefer that over ACRPG.

4. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I intend to check out all that FF15 has to offer when I get my new internet connection soon. I actually have a pretty deep backlog between updates and DLC with that one, AC Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, and a handful of others that I'm going to check out.

5. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/13/missing-features-assassins-creed-go/

Good piece about features that used to be in AC games that no longer are. I always loved the city/community development aspects of a few of them. I love that when its part of any game, and will spend all the time and in game currency I have available on it.

The game itself looks awesome, but I'll be getting it later.

6. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I have to hand it to Ubisoft, they have really taken things to an entirely new level with Origins. A few years ago, who would have thought that they would be the maker of the best action RPG in a several year span?

The game is enormous, and extremely well done. It takes everything that they've ever done well with the series (with the exception of the modern era and precursor race ideas) and blends it with a game very similar to The Witcher 3 in scope and content. I'm 43 hours in, and I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface. I've only visited about a third of the map, and of the places I've been, I've only really explored about a quarter of those.

I've spent the last ten hours on this tiny, optional island in the corner of the map, where I found one side quest that led me to several more, with some good characters and a story of its own. I absolutely love that sort of thing. Its the best part of video games.

I have a lot to do, but so far the game gets a 10/10 from me. If you play it, do so as Kasandra, the female character. She really feels like the intended hero, and is really well done.

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
  8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I decided to go ahead and buy the season pass now that the first installment of the second batch of DLC is out, and start my NG+.