1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin’s Creed Revelations announced

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, May 5, 2011.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    To coincide with the DLC release, AC:R is $25 on steam as part of mid-week madness.

Edit: Just got it for $18.74 thanks to those Steam coupons from the holiday sale. :party:

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Tell me when it gets down to $9.95. :tongue2:

Just started Brotherhood last weekend.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The rest of the industrialized world will have beaten AC3 by the time you roll around to Revelations. :lol:

MonstBlitz likes this.
  4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Maybe there will be less of an emphasis on platforming if THAT is indeed the new guy's name.
    Why else would his name mean "I am not a bird"? After we've had "The Flying One" and "The Eagle of Florence"

Also:

If thats him he looks badass

[​IMG]

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That looks fake to me, or at least lazy.

And I'll be disappointed if this is about the American Revolution and not the French Revolution, which is far better a setting for the series, IMO.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its the real deal Des,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Murica, **** yeah.

Edit: I just notice that he carries two pistols, one is on the back of his belt.

Desides likes this.
  7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm sorry, but... the beaked hood and the hatchet shaped like the Assassin symbol is just too much for me. The hood would have stood out in a bad way during the American Revolution, and the hatchet is just silly. And so much for "I am not a bird": look at his forehead.

Please have more playable Desmond, AC3. Please.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I didnt like Ezio's look when they announced ACII but it grew on me.

Also:It has been stated that the Founding Fathers(or some of them) were Templars, and thet Washingon possesed a Piece of Eden.
    So why is the assassin killing a British soldier?

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I loved Ezio's look from the start, and really loved his new design for Brotherhood.

And IIRC, the AC Wiki states that the Founding Fathers weren't Templars, but that the Masonic Order they were part of (and whose imagery appears in various ways in the US) were an offshoot of the Templars. So maybe they were Templars who broke off, and thus that was the "real" reason for the American Revolution? Either way, the Templars do take over, as every president from at least FDR (possibly Wilson) onward, sans JFK, were Templars. FDR even founded Abstergo.

And I still say Revolutionary France is a better setting than the American Revolution.

10. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Obligatory:

[video=youtube;l7iVsdRbhnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc[/video]

Desides and MonstBlitz like this.
  11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    There's a great cartoon on Adult Swim called China, IL that's by the guy responsible for this, the professor bros. and Baby Cakes. Pretty hysterical.

My favorite era of American History is by far the American Revolution so I'm excited to see what they do with it but wonder what kind of buildings there were in America for the assassin to climb...

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

People kind of forget that Boston, NYC and Phillidelphia were all pretty big cities back then.
    We probably wont see any thing as tall as some of he buildings we saw in the previous games though.

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Boston, New York, and Philadelphia were large in the sense that they were metropolitan, sure. But they weren't very vertical, and Ubisoft tried to get more vertical heights into Revelations because the free running mechanics were more about using rooftops as steps than actually navigating cities.

I think we're in for something like Assassin's Creed 2, where you spend a surprising amount of time on the ground in cities. I'd also imagine that whatever is lost in terms of free running cityscapes will be made up for by countryside sequences. Maybe hiding in a forest and ambushing someone ala The Patriot.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Lots of nighttime assassinations. :shifty:

15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    IGN: The hidden history of Assassin's Creed 3

Just some Captain Obvious stuff about the released images, including "speculation" that the guy on the back cover of Game Informer with the blue coat and tri-corner hat is George Washington. (Duh.)

Ezio killed everyone at night. :lol:

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I just caught this. Altair and Ezio are NOT related. This was confirmed at E3 last year when they were showing off Revelations. They are separate bloodlines whose descendants, among others who were supposed to be important people but aren't named, eventually produce Desmond.

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I've been lurking on the Ubisoft boards, I came across this

The info is supposed to be from the GI issue

Desides likes this.
  18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Man, did I call it or did I call it?

And the mention of seasons is interesting. That tells me two things: one, this takes place over at least a full year, rather than several days in each year as in AC2; and two, we're totally getting a Valley Forge memory.

Lastly, Charles Lee is an interesting choice. He wanted to be the Commander in Chief of the Continental Army but lost out to Washington. So I'd guess that they're going to play up the Mason backgrounds of Washington et al with Lee being a normal guy.

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Desides likes this.
  20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Connor has an interesting background. It's going to be hard to top Ezio, but picking an ancestor from wildly varying backgrounds to round out a trilogy about a guy with wildly varying backgrounds seems like a good decision.

Just, send him to France, Ubisoft. Please.

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Being able to hunt animals reminds me of Snake Eater or RDR.
    The horses look more realistic too.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;DCZ2l1BbWyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZ2l1BbWyY&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg&feature=plcp[/video]

Ubsoft said this is all in-engine.

23. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    In engine in the sense that, like all AC trailers, they're CG but portray actions you can do in game. Watch the Brotherhood trailer: it's CG but Ezio throws knives, double stabs, summons arrow storms, and calls the brotherhood for a melee fight.

By the way, it's great that someone has taken up my mantle of posting AC news now that I have a new job, but we should probably move the last couple of pages to a dedicate AC3 thread. :lol:

24. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Finally started playing it.
    About 2 hours in, enjoying it so far. After two games of Italy, and change of scenery is nice, and Im not sure why, but I feel like I can relate (as much as one can I guess) to this kind of city/enviroments vs Renaissance Italy. The hook blade is definitely a welcome addition, the bombs are okay, I guess. I feel like I wont be using them a whole lot, if I need to get somewhere Ill either sneak through the rooftops, or just kill the guards, thats just me. The whole tower defense mode is cool as well, and if you don't like it, all you have to do is keep your presence on the down low and you won't have to do them as often, that's my understanding at least. As for the whole apprentace, level up, send him on a mission thing...Meh. I definitely see why they did it, and why people who love it, do love it. However I liked this game from the first one BECAUSE it's just me, don't have to rely or anybody or doing anything for anybody.
    As for spoilers in this thread...I stopped reading right before they started :) I think ill put in some more hours over the weekend.

25. jamespit256

jamespit256 New Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Alaska-USA
    I loved playing Assassin older parts and was eagerly waiting for the new part to launch.