1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin’s Creed Revelations announced

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, May 5, 2011.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [​IMG]

Okay, it’s not AC3, but that wasn’t coming out until next year anyway.

I wonder if/how this ties in to AC Lost Legacy.

2. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Here’s the cover of this month’s Game Informer. Hey, that guy on the left looks familiar…

[​IMG]

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    From Game Informer’s site:

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Awesome!

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I’m crossing my fingers for an achievement named “They Might Be Giants”. :lol:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    And if no one gets the above post…

[video=youtube;G4phHwSSing]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4phHwSSing[/video]

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    So we get to play as Altair and Ezio? Thats pretty cool.
    The Maysaf symbols on Ezio's coat are a neat touch.

Also from Gamestop's product Info page:

Desides likes this.
  8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Looks like they included a lot of elements from the survey they conducted a while back. Better Eagle Vision, new weapons/items, and new multiplayer modes. I’m glad to at least have better Eagle Vision. It became pretty useless by the time Brotherhood rolled around.

Also, if this wraps up the “Ezio trilogy”, then it probably happens after Lost Legacy.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    My issue of Game Informer just arrived. Reading the ACR article now. Some points from the article:
    • Concludes both Altair’s and Ezio’s stories, and clears the narrative path for Assassin’s Creed 3. Altair, Ezio, and Desmond are all playable.
    • There are six development teams: 200 people in Montreal, plus different developers in Sweden, France, Singapore, Quebec, and Bucharest. Each team is responsible for a different part of the game. Damn.
    • Constantinople is split into 4 districts: Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata. The city overall is bigger and “denser” than Rome in ACB, also has terrain elevation.
    • Hints that the story, at least in Ezio’s time, is about a war of succession of Bayezid II as ruler of the Ottoman Empire. The Templars are former Byzantines who are trying to get the Byzantine Empire back.
    • There’s a second city, Cappadocia, a “Templar city” located underground. Described as “going into the belly of the beast.”
    • Revelations begins with Ezio going to Masyaf from AC1, now overrun with Templars, so I guess that’s the Lost Legacy tie-in. Assuming they didn’t just cancel Lost Legacy and fold its story into Revelations, that is.
    • Ezio is 48 at the beginning of the game (as we knew from the fact that ACB ends in 1507). Part of the story is about him looking for answers about his life, wondering if he actually wanted to be an Assassin at all.
    • Overall plot is about a secret hidden in Masyaf locked away with 5 seals, something that would let the Templars beat the Assassins. So Ezio goes to Constantinople to get the keys.
    • The Templars already have one of the five keys, so part of the game is about playing politics, discovering who the Templars are, and getting that back.
    • Ezio finds a woman. Of course he does, Desmond wouldn’t be alive otherwise.
    • The keys are artifacts from Those Who Came Before, and apparently have memory recordings of Altair on them, so that’s where the playable Altair segments come from. Proto-Animus techology, maybe?
    • There are ziplines that Ezio can use to drop onto enemies from above. The hookblade from the released screen is both a climbing tool and a weapon. Ezio can grab stuff (like pots) and throw them at enemies. You can also grab enemies and flip over them with it.
    • The hook makes free running “30 percent faster”. “Makes combat and movement one.” “Gives more choices to the player.”
    • New weapon: bombs. You can make your own, there are supposedly 300 combinations with varying strength and effects.
    • Control remapping means you can use a secondary weapon simultaneously with a primary weapon. You can swing your sword in the primary and throw a bomb or fire your gun with the secondary.
    • Upgraded Eagle Vision. Ezio can hear conversations at a distance, can listen for rapid heartbeats from a nervous target, detect guard patrol paths, etc.
    • The Borgia Tower concept from ACB returns, but this time you “free” a district by assaulting Templars and running the district from a hidden “Assassin Den”. You can also change the type of troops that patrol the area.
    • Increased notoriety means that the Templars will attack your Assassin Dens, and you can lose control of an area. Assassin Recruits return, and you can put them in charge of different districts. A Master Assassin will basically lock down an area and you’ll never have to worry about it.
    • Assassin Recruit level cap increases from 10 to 15, and they can come to you with mission proposals. They also have more character.
    • You can send Assassins to other cities along the Mediterranean. This is turning into Assassin’s Civilization V.
    • Random tasks return from AC1. The more well-known Ezio is, the bigger the tasks become.
    • New motion capture and facial animation techniques. The article compares it to LA Noire.
    • Desmond is comatose inside the Animus, and he’s basically running through surreal areas generated by his subconscious. He can access his own memories and we learn his backstory. Purpose of the Desmond segments is to manipulate the space to “rebuild” the area and fix Desmond’s mind.
    • Hints that Subject 16 is involved in the Desmond segments.
    • Multiplayer involves Templar recruits trying to learn Assassin techniques. You move up the ranks in Abstergo as you get better, and you learn a lot about what’s going on there.
    • Lastly, there are answers to at least some of the series’ big questions.

10. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    sounds sweet

Desides likes this.
  11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Oh, I also want to mention something about the graphics in the article’s screenshots. Texture resolution and quality appears to be about the same as that of ACB, but the engine looks like it’s been upgraded with better lighting and light sourcing. There’s also more distinct special effects, like better motion blur and depth of field. Reminds me a lot of the Source engine upgrades Valve made for Portal 2. If you’ve played Portal 2, you noticed the lighting effects, especially early on. ACR really reminds me of that.

Also, there doesn’t appear to be much in the way of reused art assets, at least it’s not blindingly obvious as in ACB. Yeah, the architecture is going to feel similar to AC2 and ACB, but that’s how Constantinople actually looks.

I think this is going to surprise a lot of people, especially since the gaming press is already *****ing about getting this instead of AC3.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  12. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "I will be with you always, Find me in the darkness".
    Maybe thats what Sixteen referred to?

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Very likely. The Desmond segments occur in the "Black Room", which is sort of the behind the scenes version of the standard "White Room" Animus load screens.

I'm really hoping for a wrapup of the Subject 16 plotline, including his identity.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
  15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  16. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Enjoyed #2...I think they're shallow, but fun. Pretty easy to pick up, and I spent a semester in Rome, so I'm DIEING to see brotherhood when it drops in price. The accuracy of Florence in AC2 was awesome, and I can't wait to see how they brought Rome to life....

17. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Brotherhood is already $30 new at Gamestop. Less on Amazon. No reason not to get it now.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [​IMG]

Thats a pretty cool screen shot of Ezio on the bottom, I'd like to see that scene in motion.

19. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It looks even better in the magazine. The scans are of pretty poor quality, TBH. Like I said, the engine seems to be upgraded, and I wouldn’t be surprised if either some technical advancements were borrowed from the in-development AC3, or these advancements will be folded in to AC3, which happens to have a totally separate set of improvements.

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;cfR_ncxSRGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR_ncxSRGU[/video]

Altair's last stand?

Desides likes this.
  21. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That's Ezio in the video and speaking, so I don't know about Altair. The AC series' internal logic won't let us watch Altair or Ezio's final moments in life, too. Once they conceived whichever one of their kids became Desmond's next ancestor, the Animus can't follow them anymore, as shown in AC2.

Nice glimpses in the trailer there. I'm assuming that ship is how Ezio travels to Constantinople, and most of the battle footage appears to happen outside Masyaf. The graphics definitely look upgraded, with more apparent detail than in ACB. Can't wait for the E3 trailer. Ubisoft makes some of the best trailers around.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Well you do see Altair briefly in that trailer.
    and I thought it was his hidden blade that breaks at the end.

23. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Possibly, but every clip appears to involve Ezio, at least to me. We’ll probably find out when the E3 trailer is out on the 6th.

24. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The digital version of June’s Game Informer is free until May 30. Finally, a clear look at those screenshots.

25. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Okay, Altair is in the video. [URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-assassins-creed/714354”]Gametrailers[/URL] has a nice video where they freeze frame and highlight what’s going on. What threw me off is that Ezio appears with the same soldiers that Altair does. That’s a little weird. What the hell is going on there?

26. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Preorder ACR, steal Dracula's stuff.

ether79 likes this.
  27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I thought the Armor of Brutus looked tacky.

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It did, but in a good way, IMO. The Armor of Altair was better, but still, getting a good set of armor as a preorder bonus isn't bad.

29. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Yeesh I'm still working through Brotherhood. The AC games come out to fast for me ;p

30. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ubisoft is selling an Assassin's Creed bundle in their online shop. 66% off AC1, AC2, and ACB. Comes out to $30 for three games. Brotherhood is also 50% off individually.

31. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Confirmed: Asssassin's Creed Revelations is an expansion of the concept that was to be AC Lost Legacy for the 3DS.

32. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Kotaku with some informative tidbits on ACR.

Some more detail at the link.

33. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Ezio and Altiar aren't related, but Desmond is a direct descendent from both? Or am I missing something somewhere?

34. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I don't know why that's confusing. It means Ezio is on one side of Desmond's family and Altair is on another, and at some point the descendants of Altair and Ezio got it on. Heck, Desmond's father could be from Ezio's line and his mother could be from Altair's line.

35. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Yeah I am sure thats what it is, but I was assuming that it was a direct line, like each character was related, explaining how Ezio sees Altair in the trailer for the new game. Guess i shouldn't assume.

36. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ezio sees Altair because the Masyaf keys are apparently technology from Those Who Came Before. Think proto-Animus stuff that records what a previous holder did while it was in his possession, rather than digging through genetic memory.

37. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Ah. I see. YEah when playing the last two I just figures they were directly related and the trailer made my assumption seem right, but I hadn't read much about ACR other than the seeing the trailer.

38. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;vEzSuQyVafE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEzSuQyVafE[/video]

I am guessing this takes after Revelations because Ezio's hair is completely white here.

39. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Is that Ezio? Because Revelations is supposed to wrap his story up.

40. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I am guessing its more of an epilogue to ACR.

The full trailer is up.

[video=youtube;l7MQRTgMMSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MQRTgMMSg[/video]

Desides likes this.