1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

article about the sad state of the LB Corps

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    "The Dolphins linebacker corps is a nightmare right now.

Channing Crowder left Sunday's game -- as in bugged out and was nowhere to be found afterward. He went home and is out for the season finale against Pittsburgh because of a foot injury, according to a source. The club is concerned he has a midfoot injury that could mean a lisfranc, which is serious business. More will be known today."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/12/miamis-biggest-problem-on-defense-lbs.html

eric likes this.
  2. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The worst position on the team by far.

theWeasel likes this.
  3. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    agreed.... S's is not far behind

4. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    if we got some good ILB's and pressed the issue of tackling people instead of just trying to run into them and hope they fall over, we should have a tougher defense next year.

im sick of seeing our defender bounce off of people. the coaches need to tell these dummies wrap their arms around people and drag them down. stop trying to just knock them over.

5. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Well it shouldn't be hard to improve. They were terrible this year. When your two leading tacklers are your safeties that's ridiculous.

Crowder may recover next year, he may not I'm not sure. Draft one and sign one.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    while i agree, no one was complaining when ZT did the exact same thing .... it used to frustrate me to no end. i have to believe it is a matter of not getting hurt and extending your career ... as i can't remember a good tackling LB on this team in the last decade.

I'm still not sold that CC makes a difference in this LB corps .... but then again - does any of them.