1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art of Parcells - Parcells Quotes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BALLS DEEP, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BALLS DEEP

BALLS DEEP New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    All,

You'll find this thread to be quite similar to The Art of War by Sun Tzu. I've pulled all of the best Parcells quotes off the net. Some of them might make no sense now, but check back to this when we're wondering what he's going to do and something will pe pertinent from those same quotes.

Case in point:

“Success is never final, but failure can be.â€

“He got hit in the face with that skunk twice,â€

“You've got to learn to close the show. We didn't do that.â€

“It doesn't mean anything, ... Each game is different. History means nothing in pro football.â€

"You lose with potential. You win with performance."

When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.

» Don't worry about it. It's just a bunch of guys with an odd-shaped ball.

» I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones.

» Something goes wrong, I yell at them -Fix it- whether it's their fault or not. You can only really yell at the players you trust.

» You are what you are.

» I see a little progress, ... So as long as I keep seeing that, then I'm willing to give him everything I've got.

» He was one of my best friends. . . . Those are the people you can count on the fingers of one hand.

» I had an Italian mother. She didn't view what I was doing as really a profession. She viewed it as recreation. I said, "Gee Mom, I'm going to be the head coach of the New York Giants." And she said to me, "When are you going to get a real job like your brother the banker?"

» There is winning and there is misery.

» Success is never final, but failure can be.

» No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink.

» Concentration-wise, we're having trouble crossing the line mentally from a toughness standpoint.

» In this climate of football as we've witnessed, you have to show some progress or there's a good chance you won't be in some place for very long.

» My entire life has been spent thinking about this game. That's pretty narrow . . . I don't view myself as a person who's well-versed in very many subjects. I'm not proud of that.

» I'm not a bus-station kind of guy, but there are a few players here I'm not sure want to be here. They've got a brook-trout kind of look.

» I got problems here, I got problems there, ... I'm trying to get mentally organized.

» We have to get him back out there and try to give him another chance to see what he can do, ... The fact of the matter is this: If you can't participate, I can't get any evidence that you're capable.

» That's exactly what I'm trying to do ? figure out, OK, how are we going to deploy this defense?

» (Drafting) is an inexact science. You're going to have some of these.

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  2. dolfandenny

dolfandenny New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I think we've finally found the right man at exactly the right time. :thumbup:

3. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Outstanding post Balls Deep. Please bring this over to Finheaven/DN.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    nice!

5. Elvis

Elvis New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Parcell's is half Italian? Nice, we have a chance then.

6. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    No wonder that our coaching staff sounds like a 20's gangster movie!lol!!