1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arod

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by DonShula84, Mar 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    How has his injury affected his stock? I'm worried about taking him (if im even in a position to do so) but if he slips where's a good spot where it becomes worth the gamble?

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    It'll depend on the league but I'm planning on getting him if he falls to the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd round spots. Even with missing time, he'll still be a top stat producer and you can find a suitable 3B to weather the storm till then. Plus that batting order is still scary as ****.

3. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I plan on waiting until the 2nd round. He most likely won't fall that far but if he does the value would be too good to pass up

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    He is still 3rd/4th best 3B (even if he doesnt return till June). Hard to believe really - but projected stats show it.

Do we have our draft order for the league???

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hmmm really debating whether to give away drafting secrets or not but I will say I probably won't touch him until the 4th or 5th round (depending on which guys are still available and which guys I have and the rest of the league already picked). 3B is a pretty deep position so there's not much drop in talent from the top guys (Arod, Wright, Miguel Cabrera) to the next tier guys (Ramirez, Longoria, Chipper Jones). I also can't see Arod stealing many bases which helps him have more value than the others.

The draft order is completely random and we won't know who picks where until 30 minutes before the draft. Unless you guys want to know before hand I could pick names out of a hat.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    In my leagues Im waiting til the it passes pick 50. 1st 4 picks imo should always be sure things, players you know what your going to get in terms of stats. Arod being out 6-9 week with a torn hip labrum that needs surgery is a huge risk. This isnt Albert Pujols elbow like last year, the hips are involved in every swing and throw and almost every movement on a baseball field.

7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I would love to have my pick # early.....helps me mentally plan.:up:

Also, if possible, I have a conflict for 2pm, can we move the draft start time slightly back to say 2:30 or 3pm???

Otherwise I may have to auto-draft my first few picks.

8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Arod went in the 2nd round in my draft last night...Pick 17