1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arMUNdo grades Tuna and Ireland

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJPHINFAN, Jan 14, 2009.

1. NJPHINFAN

NJPHINFAN Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
  2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Actually liked his article for once. Nice breakdown and explanations. The Ferguson, Walden and Thomas shifting was a thing of beauty, this FO really knows how from every angle how to get value for the team. Unreal management in my opinion.

3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Good read. I don't think anyone can doubt the great job Parcells and Ireland did last off-season, even Armando.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Nice article, but I don't totally agree. You can always find some fault. For instance, Ayodele... While he filled a role, our ILBer play along with Crowder was average, at best. The McClown move, while getting a 7th for him helped, that can't be dumped on the trio because when that move was made, no one had a wild idea that Penny would land here...Fasano played well, but is not an every down TE as of yet...or at least he probably won't be as big a threat in the passing game as you want the TE position to be. Still, for this season, getting Ayodele and Fasano was a steal...

Obviously the one black mark on their personnel moves was Wilford. I'll be the first to say that I thought he was due for a breakout season after his previous season in Jax, but I was wrong too....so Tunaland and Sparano get a bye on that one....LOL...

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It's one of 'Nando's better articles, and the Ferguson/Thomas/Walden trade was as brilliant as Fasano/Ayodele.

The one overlooked item is JT believes he will be cut by the Redskins in a Cap Move, if he wants to play Football, he would be nice depth here for JP at OLB..

6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    JT depth at OLB? Please... JT would be starting opposite. Obviously skipping the entire off-season really hurt him (as it does all players, I'm glad Miami has a show up or **** off policy).

JT is a guy who never misses game prior to 08 and is a perennial 10 sack a year guy.

I would love to have him back if he re-dedicates himself for the season.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  7. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

The FINAL WORD: The next trade Ireland and Parcells make for the Dolphins that goes awry will be the first trade they make on behalf of the Dolphins that goes awry. And if I'm Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells or Jeff Ireland are calling, I do not pick up the phone.:lol:

good stuff.

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He's 34, and coming off a injury that nearly killed him, JT may want to look at the after football life that saw him traded in the first place.

To me, if he wanted to resign in Miami and acted like he had something to prove, I think he could still fill in for us, or at least be in the DE/OLB rotation.

9. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    IMHO the only reason JT got injured, was because of his dancing queen escapade that, although got him into dancing shape, netted him no football exercise whatsoever, and made him less ready for the heavy hitting and play that football commands... Perhaps he didnt realize that although am energetic sport, dancing shape and football shape are two totally different sports that require totally different training. He lost roughly 20-30 pounds dancing around, he killed himself when it comes to playing football...
    I agree with this, but I doubt it will happen... I think he could probably even start with a full TC under his belt. I believe, with a regular offseason and TC, he can still be a force in the NFL, even at 34.

padre31 likes this.
  10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If it wasn't for JT's style of play, I'd say "Not a chance" but he plays with more leverage and footwork then outright speed.

Eh, new culture, I doubt they would make a play for him.

11. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Id love to see him and zach back on the team (obviously it'd be in a more limited role) like the days of old, but lets be realistic though, its not happening :no: :cry:

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No to Zach, JT...maybe, we need some pass rushing help on 3rd down, JT can do that much for us.

But you're probably right..

13. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    I agree JT has a better shot of coming bacl than Zach, moreso for the reason Zach is a pure 4-3 MLB and we dont run that, and JT can play in a a 3-4... but yeah... no... :(

14. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

JT is also injured somewhat. His back has given him problems for two years.

15. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

I dont remember that.. in 2007 i know it was his foot, i thought the same in 2006, could be wrong about 2006 though

16. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Mundo wrote a nice article...
    Man...I guess winning does cure everything...

17. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    for once

18. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I was emphasizing that :yes:

dolpns13 likes this.
  19. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    its the 2nd or 3rd decent artcile he has written in about 4 years

TiP54 likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    His calf and desire to play are the real problems, he would have maybe 10-12 snaps a game to pass rush.

21. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I love JT and everything he did for the organization...But it was his time to go...and from football point of view...We robed the Redskins :D

22. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I'm not sure how participating in the offseason program would have prevented the defender in the preseason from landing on his leg, or the cleat to his calves. These were not football shape injuries.

That's like saying Ronnie's durability problem caused his injury when he got his hand caught in another player's face mask. JT didn't even lift a finger under Cam's regime and he didn't get hurt.

A lot of players still got hurt who participated in the offseason program. Remmeber when he left Dallas everyone said it made you stronger but wore you down at the end of the season, causing injuries ...

23. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

A calf heals with time. A bad back is another thing. I'm sure he can still play but you got my point. He might not be good for an entire game 16 times.

24. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think its rather silly to think that we'll see JT back here, except possibly as a one day signing to retire...The bridges seemed to be burned pretty thoroughly when he left.

As to his fitting in here, if he were to return, with his talent, they'd find a way to use him. As to Zach, well, I hope he doesn't return...I loved his play and his heart, but I wish he'd save his head for the rest of his life and retire now...but again, if he were to return, with what he can offer, they'd find a way to use him.

But these two scenarios are simply pipe dreams. Neither player is what he once was and neither probably wishes to return...

25. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Great, no, but the alternatives were worse. The fact that we got an overall improvement in quality and depth works for me. Every player they get won't be a stud, but if our team is better off for the move, I'm all for it.

26. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    He missed all of OTA's and most of TC, I do not see how one can completely write off the fact he was not in football shape... Does one think a heavy weight boxer would be able to go into a 12 round match training for 6 weeks as a wrestler?

27. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    But I'll bet he was :hi5: with Cote after the Ravens loss :no:

anlgp likes this.
  28. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    :lol: