1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armando's article on lack of hitting

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    In his press conference, Coach said they won't be done installing the offense until next week. There will probably be more hitting after that happens.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    You also want to acclimate the body..there are only a certain amount of practices where you can be in full pads with contact so they must be placed properly during the camp relative to having the team peak and be rested physically to start the season.

If You start out hitting to much, you have to ease up to let the body heal, this way your gradually building it up without the pause to heal.

The scrimmage 2 maro is what's important, you want your players to perform optimally so you can get quality reps on tape to evaluate, if they don't have their legs or their sore, your not gonna get that.

dolfan7171, Alex13 and mommabilly like this.
  4. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Plenty of time for hitting. First they have to see how they operate as a unit. Last year Sparano flogged the guys thru camp and into the 4th or 5th week of the season only to find out the only thing he accomplished was driving the team into the ground, literally. Everyone remember his press conference where he said he was " pulling things back some "? Well magically after that the team started to do pretty dam good.

These guys work out all year long for the most part. Sure there are a few John Jerrys that only work out at Pizza Hut and such but the rest of them work out all year. Plenty of time for tackling drills. Thats what pre season games are for. No sense in beating a team up only to put a beat up team on the field.

Crap, First couple of games last year you could see the team was wasted by the time the second half started. When Sparano pulled back they team did dam good the second half of the season.

I have friend that live in Mass and New Jersey who have attended Patriot and Giants camp for years. Both always tell me the same thing. Sure they hit but it did not sound like the death march camp Sparano created last training camp.

5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The new CBA has restricted the amount of full contact practices. CK has been talking about it since the previous off-season. Coaches are now going to make practices smart rather than hard. You don't want to lost all of your allotted contact practices in the first week.

Edit: Post 10,000...I need to get away

dolfan7171 and Alex13 like this.
  6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Limit injury to the team until needed.

7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Could be true. Theres a contrary way to frame it too: they were so out of shape in the offseason that when Sparano saw them in training camp he knew we'd lose due to poor conditioning, and it took until the fifth week of the season to get them into the shape they needed to be in.

I don't know if that's the case, but it seems plausible.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My guess is that with the limitations on hitting in the new CBA that every team will reach the same max number of hitting practices by the time the regular season rolls around.