1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armando on Ginn: Makes Sense IMO

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RBrown23, Aug 25, 2009.

1. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    Today I found myself reading Armandos blog on Ginn. This is one of his best blogs that I have read IMO. I feel that he has a good point when it comes to Ginn and how he is being underutilized. Read the article and see what you think.http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/08/the-target-should-be-on-ted-ginn-jr-back.html

Now after reading the article I watched some of Ginn's old highlights of last year. I feel that Ginn has a lot of potential but as Mando points out, he never really is targeted all that much. But when he has been targeted look at the plays he has made. Watch this video also and see what you think.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZjE9hxijM&feature=related"]YouTube - Ted Ginn Jr 2008 Highlights[/ame]

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Nice clip Friend 23:
    agree & would add he needs to be utilized on KickReturns too & Bess on PuntReturns

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I actually disagree with the blog. That second game was clearly targeting certain types of plays. Specifically plays that had either been unsuccessful the previous week (interior running) or hadn't been used yet (WC). So I don't see it as a red flag that Ginn wasn't targeted much last game.

I do agree that they have to target him consistently during the regular season.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    thanks for posting my video. and yes, Ginn needs to be used more as WR. that will come in time. Ginn is a beast.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think this coaching staff is going to target any one player week-in week-out.

If anything, you'll see different players targeted every week, to take advantage of the opposing defense's weaknesses.

6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm so excited to see what he does this season. I feel he's much improved as a WR, and add in the wildcat and running plays and you have one serious offensive weapon.

7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    you can see some instances in that video that where Ginn could of made even bigger plays but that game was just a little to fast for him. as soon as the game begins to slow down for him(hopefully the 3 year rule for WRs come true) hes going to be soooo electric!

as for the blog, i didnt read it, but as for him not being targeted enough, one of the reasons was his route running, it still wasnt where it needed to be on a constant basis. another reason though, was he was such a threat, speed and otherwise, he constantly got safety help and double teams, thus leaving more open options else where, and Camarillo contested to this fact last year.

8. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    As per usual, the article is about stirring up the pot. I could give a crap if they bootleg Chad Pennington every week, run 50 fullback dives, and never threw the ball at all. As long as they win the game, I ain't *****in' at all........

It's not about Ted Ginn. It's about WINNING!

Stringer Bell, dolfan7171 and Themole like this.
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I really see Ginn having that "breakout year" this season, however his stats won't be gaudy because Henning spreads the ball around, so opposing defenses can't focus on 1 or 2 players. I would like to see Ginn utilized better and respond well to it.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    His route running has improved alot though^

I agree with Rafael, we focused more on the ground game on Saturday than we did on the passing game.

11. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Penny does have a tendency to not look at Ginn. He didn't do anything early in the year last year and people said it was because he wasn't open but it was because Chad never looked his way. I rewatched the first few games to see when Chad targeted Ginn and one of the games he literally never even looked to Ginn's side of the field. Hopefully he trusts him enough now to look his way more often.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Last season, Ginn was targeted 93 times. He caught 60.2% of the passes thrown his way.

When the ball is thrown Ginn's way, he catches the ball. He needs to be a vital part of our offense this season.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I disagree with amanda's article, the premise that you have to have an andre johnson,or a larry fitzgerald to be great is bogus, An offensive team that has players that compliment a multidimensional offense, executing their own specific roles... thats just as dangerous.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Keep in mind, media loves Stars, they love the 100 catch 10 TD players, and that is a part of the reason why 'Nando is whining about Ginn.

On Sparano's dolphins, players have to know their roles and perform them, whether they are being targeted or not, for example HC sparano mentioned that Ted is going back on punt returns.