1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkansas RB Darren McFadden

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Arkansas RB Darren McFadden posted a 35" vertical and did the 20-yard shuttle in 4.10 seconds at his Pro Day.
    He only put up 225 13 times and did not run the forty, not that he should have. It does appear McFadden will have to add to his upper body in addition to strengthening his legs. 13 reps is relatively weak for a 212-pounder.
    Source: NFL.com
    http://rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    McFadden holds workout session
    The News
    Arkansas RB Darren McFadden held a brief workout session today from which several stories are coming forth, as reported by Alex Abrams of The Morning News.

Our View
    According to Abrams, Chicago coach Lovie Smith was the only NFL head coach in attendance, though Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum was on hand and has been more than happy to discuss his team's interest in the top rusher in this year's draft. The Jets own the 6th-overall pick in this draft and are reported to have met with McFadden on a one-on-one basis earlier this month. McFadden spoke with the press following the workout and addressed, among other things, questions about his character and his decision not to run a 40-yard dash in today's workout. McFadden has been involved in two legal incidents at nightclubs, but rather than dismiss the issues, McFadden claims full responsibility, stating, "I have put myself in a bad situation a couple of times." Addressing the decision not to run, McFadden noted he posted a rather impressive time at the scouting combine and felt that was more than enough to showcase his abilities.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    UPDATE
    Darren McFadden and Felix Jones were among 20 former Razorbacks who worked out Tuesday before approximately 50 NFL representatives including scouts, general managers and Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith. It was an unusually large accumulation of team reps for a pro day, but the presence of two highly coveted running backs made Fayetteville a priority on travel itineraries with a little more than a month remaining until the NFL draft begins on April 26. Teams are prohibited from speaking on specific prospects, but Smith praised the collection of talent on display at the Walker Pavilion. Both McFadden and Jones are considered first-round locks, so it wasn't hard to connect the dots as to whom Smith was on hand to watch. "There are quite a few athletes here that can step up to the next level and contribute right away," Smith said. "... You've got a chance to have multiple first-round picks. That is special."-- Arkansas Sports 360.com
    http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#1

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Felix Jones could be just as good as Run DMC

ATVZ400 likes this.
  5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

I agree or even better

alen1 likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, I dont even think McFadden is the best running back in this draft. To me, its Jonathan Stewart.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    13 yikes, and i though lendel had a bad bench.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol reminds me of Kevin Durant. He couldn't bench 185 once.