1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argentina Has Colder Winter Than Antartica

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by finyank13, Aug 7, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  2. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Define the word global, and you'll see how useless threads like this are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Exactly. Which is why when scientists claimed 1998 was the hottest year on record in the US (now revised to 1936), there isn't a leg to stand on. Seoul had it's coldest winter in 70 years I believe, while Canada couldn't manage snow for the Winter Olympics. Several US states mustered the coldest winters in 30 years while New Zealand's heat is unusually high. Everybody uses the statistics that best suits their propaganda. Globally, there was a period of 300 straight years with temperatures averaging much higher than this. Holocene maximum. Right after that there was a period of about 100 years where temperature was colder than today. People were alive during both of those periods and fossil fuels were thousands of years away. We often forget what we don't want to remember.

finyank13 likes this.
  4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    This isnt Canada, New Zealand, or Seoul however, this is California this year, this summer.....I, like you guys attribute the climate as being like you said, natural cycles during the course of millions of years, that the earth has been in existance, not some made up farce that is global warming....

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_15723011