1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we actually becoming a threat?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dol Fan99, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Dol Fan99

Dol Fan99 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I am at lunch with with a new group of guys I met today through mutual friends and in the mix of football conversation, one guy tells another how good Miami looks, how much he likes them, and how he really likes Tannehill. They went on for minutes about the phins. I started laughing and they wondered why, not knowing how big of a fan I am. It made me think, this conversation actually happens? the Dolphins are actually causing conversation? Because that is the first ive heard "The Dolphins" come out of anybodys mouth but mine around here. It was pretty exciting to hear and I like it, maybe soon enough i'll start seeing Dolphins jerseys show up out of nowhere like im seeing Falcons jerseys. To have this all make sense i guess i should mention, I live in a city on mountains in San Diego. This story isnt really much of a big thread starter but just thought id share, pretty cool.

2. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yup, no longer will I have to say, "eff you, I'm a Dolphins fan..."

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I don't know if "threat" is the right word, but yeah. I've noticed this too. Even Berman and the countdown crew were giving us props. Of course, we let Andrew Luck throw with reckless abandon, break a rookie record, and lost... but yeah, we're getting noticed more. It's strange, in 2008 no one gave a **** about us. Even when we were tied going into the final division game to decide the playoffs, no one cared.

My theory is Tannehill. QB's are marketable. We have a cute little puppy and everyone wants to pet him (and Luck, Griffen, etc...). We're not below .500 and our Rookie is pretty good so far. So we get attention (unlike Weeden and Browns for example). Our exposure is better. We're getting air time on these little TV shows when rooks are talked about. As a result, people in every day life mimic what they hear and talk about us.

4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Now I would like for more south Floridians to jump on the wagon.

5. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    We can now beat bad teams with regularity.

6. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    What happened to your killer sig???

mnfinfan likes this.
  7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I wouldn't say were becoming a threat, but I would say we're becoming noticed, and talked about as a solid team, with improved coaching, and maybe finally heading in the right direction. Due to our lack of playmakers on offense, and defense, I don't think other teams view us as a threat just yet. They do however view us as a solid team, that can maybe beat you if you aren't careful, not a team that is a threat to beat you week in, week out like the top teams of the league.