1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are any of you REALLY surprised?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Oct 2, 2011.

1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I know we expected the defense to be better than they have been so far, but really, are any of you actually surprised by how poorly this team is playing? After the past two seasons, when the team quit on Tony Sparano? When we needed a new OC only to hire one whose offense was ranked WORSE than ours? When we needed the OL to improve yet our OL guru of a head coach can't figure out how to fix it year after year? When we've known for awhile now how weak our secondary is, and continues to get worse? When our QB became damaged goods under Henning & Co. and despite improving some, still has issues? When we needed to fix our running game and then we jettisoned Ricky & Ronnie only to pick up injured prone WR-posing-as-a-RB Reggie Bush and run him like a power back and trade up for another injured RB in Daniel Thomas(who to his credit has played well when hes out there)? When we still dont have a real TE? When our WRs are garbage and our best WR in Brandon Marshall is playing like the second coming of Tony Martin/Derrius Thompson/Ted Ginn? When we still have no playmakers on either side of the ball? When Ireland still cant draft a playmaker but settles for a lineman with a great motor? Or a DB that has no ball skills and can't cover? Or a WR that drops passes? A RB that cant stay healthy? A QB that can't make all the throws?

How about how this season started? There was the Harbaugh fiasco, then Sparano's extension, then the Daboll hire, then the crappy draft, then crappy FA signings, the lockout, the unpreparedness of our players in camp and practice...

We should'nt be surprised we suck. At all. It was all there waiting to implode as the season started. This team deserves to be 0-4, as the great Bill Parcells once said, "You are what your record is."

bcfinfan likes this.
  2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    No.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Got to give credit where it's due. People who thought we would be last place or in the Luck sweepstakes took a lot of heat over the summer. I was expecting 7-9 again, this has actually been worse than I expected.

Trowa, FinSane and NaboCane like this.
  4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    To be 100% honest, looking like we were heading into another 7-9 season would send me into despair. I'd much rather be awful and draft top three than mediocre and draft 15th.

FinSane likes this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Yeah big picture wise we should definitely be better off as long as Ross isn't stupid enough to let Jeff Ireland stay.

6. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Thats what i expected 7-9 or 8-8 in third place not possibly 0-16.

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I expected to atleast beat the browns, which we should have. Its funny because of all the things you mention, the only thing you can really point to and say what was gonna happen, that did happen, was hiring a worse OC. Maybe Henne not being great. I guess the running game too but DT looks better than Ronnie or Ricky at this point. Injuries, bad conditioning, bad probowl FG kicking, bad timing for our good players to play bad, and a little bit of bad luck, and of course the #6 D going to the #30 overnight, was something you probably didn't foresee. Some mention that the D falling off a bit was the only surprise. They didn't not only meet my "expectations" so far, they fell off a cliff, and even if they dont give up 30+ points a game, they fail in the worse ways. No one gets the QB at all ever, I can count like 10-15 times in 4 games where the pass rush affected the play. They give up timely 3rd downs, big plays, and missed chances. I remember 7 years ago or so saying man I hope they don't convert this 3rd and 18, and the opponent did. And it still continues. They allow long drives to run the clock and eventually thats what has cost us games.

8. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Ireland could **** up a wet dream, which is what the #1 pick is for a bad team.

My hope is that no matter what Ross intends for Ireland, that the new administration doesn't want him.

FinSane and shula_guy like this.
  9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I was one of those who took a lot of heat on here for predicting the Dolphins would win only 4-5 games. Right now I would adjust that prediction and state Miami will be lucky to go 3-13 this season. I never thought the Dolphins had the talent to be a good team this season and I think this lack of talent goes directly to Ireland. I also thought Sparano was in over his head as a HC in the NFL. I was calling for the firing of Ireland and Sparano before the season and all I got was a lot of members of this forum telling me I was nuts, and I should find another team to root for.

I remain a Dolphin fan and as a real fan, I look forward to the day Sparano and Ireland are no longer here and a new regime comes here to hopefully turn this organization around.

NaboCane likes this.
  10. I don't know why anyone is acting surprised. I have grown accustomed to this. It has been the Dolphins brand of football for the past 10 years. JJ screwed us and the damage he did still has not been fixed. Until they hire competent front office people this will continue to be our fate. Hopefully Ross understands this and is working on the problem. The best thing the fans can do is turn thier TVs off on sundays until it gets fixed but that will never happen.