Apple sucks
76 replies
Just being a bleep disturber here. I like to debate this issue
I've got a real hate-on for Apple. I use one everyday at work, but I don't pay to use it. 3 times the price for a MacBook Pro compared to a comparable PC. It's not 3 times better, that's for sure.
As an avid Android user, I can only guess that a person that loves the iPhone is someone that's so technically limited in knowledge that they need Cupertino to tell them how they should use their product. The lack of customization in on iOS is astonishing, yet they sued Samsung because of pinch to zoom technology and phones with curved edges.
I haven't contributed in this site much, but this is a debate that really gets me going. I can tell there are a lot of graphics people on this site, I'm one too. But we're talking about for personal uses. Personal computing is quickly moving to the mobile realm and Apple is falling behind in the mobile realm very fast.
Thoughts?
They get a lot of their parts from Samsung.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Just being a bleep disturber here. I like to debate this issue
I've got a real hate-on for Apple. I use one everyday at work, but I don't pay to use it. 3 times the price for a MacBook Pro compared to a comparable PC. It's not 3 times better, that's for sure.
As an avid Android user, I can only guess that a person that loves the iPhone is someone that's so technically limited in knowledge that they need Cupertino to tell them how they should use their product. The lack of customization in on iOS is astonishing, yet they sued Samsung because of pinch to zoom technology and phones with curved edges.
I haven't contributed in this site much, but this is a debate that really gets me going. I can tell there are a lot of graphics people on this site, I'm one too. But we're talking about for personal uses. Personal computing is quickly moving to the mobile realm and Apple is falling behind in the mobile realm very fast.
Thoughts?
As an avid iPhone user, I laugh hysterically at those who swear by Android as they curse their phones and pull their batteries to hard reset their handsets, and I am still plugging away on whatever I am looking at. Perhaps I am simple like that, or as you say 'so technically limited in my knowledge that I need Cupertino to tell me how to use my product'. Or, I like things to be commonly functional out of the box.
As far as personal computing going mobile, can you share how Apple is falling behind very fast?
"Laces Out wrote:
As far as personal computing going mobile, can you share how Apple is falling behind very fast?
Other than the Marketshare argument?
The iPhone 5 was Apple's first LTE phone. They still don't have NFC. (granted NFC's practicality is limited at this point) The iPhone 5 wasn't as fast as the Galaxy S3 which was already out, it was equal to the S2 which had been out for over a year. No ability to expand memory with an SD card. No ability to replace a battery. Only having access to one central button would be very frustrating for me.
Where's something comparable to Google Now? Siri isn't comparable at this point.
What about customizable launchers? You can forget about that right? There are some Android launchers that make the phone operate more like an iPhone, if you want that.
When the GS4 was being unveiled a few weeks ago someone from Apple said that you need several logins to get the same experience as Apple, which is a bold-face lie. Once you have a Google account you can do most things on an Android Phone.
The biggest thing IMHO that destroys iOS over Android is the fact they don't have widgets that actually make using your phone easier depending on what apps provide widgets.
"Laces Out wrote:
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Just being a bleep disturber here. I like to debate this issue
I've got a real hate-on for Apple. I use one everyday at work, but I don't pay to use it. 3 times the price for a MacBook Pro compared to a comparable PC. It's not 3 times better, that's for sure.
As an avid iPhone user, I laugh hysterically at those who swear by Android as they curse their phones and pull their batteries to hard reset their handsets, and I am still plugging away on whatever I am looking at. Perhaps I am simple like that, or as you say 'so technically limited in my knowledge that I need Cupertino to tell me how to use my product'. Or, I like things to be commonly functional out of the box.
As far as personal computing going mobile, can you share how Apple is falling behind very fast?
I've never had to pull the battery out of my galaxy s 3 to reboot. From a customization standpoint this phone blows the iphone out of the water. I can download a custom rom and make this look and work basically however I wish.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

"lmeister3 wrote:
They get a lot of their parts from Samsung.
This
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I switched from an HTC Evo 4G to an iPhone 4S earlier this year, and I've been very happy with the change.
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Other than the Marketshare argument?
The iPhone 5 was Apple's first LTE phone. They still don't have NFC. (granted NFC's practicality is limited at this point) The iPhone 5 wasn't as fast as the Galaxy S3 which was already out, it was equal to the S2 which had been out for over a year. No ability to expand memory with an SD card. No ability to replace a battery. Only having access to one central button would be very frustrating for me.
Where's something comparable to Google Now? Siri isn't comparable at this point.
What about customizable launchers? You can forget about that right? There are some Android launchers that make the phone operate more like an iPhone, if you want that.When the GS4 was being unveiled a few weeks ago someone from Apple said that you need several logins to get the same experience as Apple, which is a bold-face lie. Once you have a Google account you can do most things on an Android Phone.
The biggest thing IMHO that destroys iOS over Android is the fact they don't have widgets that actually make using your phone easier depending on what apps provide widgets.
Essentially your knock against Apple's iPhone is that it sucks out of the box and you can't customize it? You've just described Android as well, seeing how you feel the need to bastardize the product straight out of the box because you know better.
"Laces Out wrote:
Essentially your knock against Apple's iPhone is that it sucks out of the box and you can't customize it? You've just described Android as well, seeing how you feel the need to bastardize the product straight out of the box because you know better.
I don't see it.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
I have an S3 and an Ipad. I think the S3 is the better product but they both work really well.
The future for Microsoft seems pretty bleak considering what they keep trotting out though (Google and Apple clearly better at everything).
Well, being an AVID Android user, I have to say...some people either don't want, or don't know how to customize their phone. No arguing that the iPhone works very nicely right out of the box, and lets be honest, not much that it won't do right out of the box. That being said, I have had zero problems with my Android, have been using it coming on 3 years and it is absolutely AWESOME...but that is just me.
In regards to PC. There is also no arguing that Apple has some performance advantages to Apple, CISC being MUCH better than RISC for starters.
I personally use PC, but that is primarily because I drive CAD for a living and don't have a choice. IF I did, chances are very good I would switch to Mac.
Funniest thing is, if Jobs and Wosniak had been smart about marketing, we probably would all be driving MAC instead of PC. Anybody that was using both at the time realized that Microsofts first real breakthrough, Window's 95, was a DIRECT rip-off of Mac OS. Gates, more than technology, understood that by letting anybody write compatible software would earn him the market...and the rest is history.
"Laces Out wrote:
Essentially your knock against Apple's iPhone is that it sucks out of the box and you can't customize it? You've just described Android as well, seeing how you feel the need to bastardize the product straight out of the box because you know better.
So everyone enjoys technology the same in your world? You can use a stock Android launcher without widgets and multiple dock pages. But you can enhance that experience by customizing it. The newest Touchwiz for Jellybean has a really simplified layout that basically shows you all the important features with no need to customize.
But I think that's boring.
You're actually proving the argument that Apple fans are just Sheep that like whatever Apple gives to them.
It's pretty arrogant to think one way is the best way to do something when it comes to mobile computing, that's why there are endless possibilities with Android.
"azfinfanmang wrote:
Funniest thing is, if Jobs and Wosniak had been smart about marketing, we probably would all be driving MAC instead of PC. Anybody that was using both at the time realized that Microsofts first real breakthrough, Window's 95, was a DIRECT rip-off of Mac OS. Gates, more than technology, understood that by letting anybody write compatible software would earn him the market...and the rest is history.
Which, one would argue, is why Android is killing Apple globally for Marketshare.
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Which, one would argue, is why Android is killing Apple globally for Marketshare.
That is part of it. Cost is another...and truth be told, people are starting to get tired of having to constantly keep up with the Jones' and get stuck in the mile long line to do so.
I can buy the latest greatest Android anytime anywhere. Part of Apple's marketing genius is also part of their problems.
That being said, I still can't talk negatively about iPhone. I prefer Android, for many of the reasons you outlined, but I also understand why people would prefer an iPhone instead. Viva la differance....
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
So everyone enjoys technology the same in your world? You can use a stock Android launcher without widgets and multiple dock pages. But you can enhance that experience by customizing it. The newest Touchwiz for Jellybean has a really simplified layout that basically shows you all the important features with no need to customize.
But I think that's boring.
Good for you. That is your choice. That's what you want. That isn't what I want. You aren't everybody. Just like I am not everybody.
You're actually proving the argument that Apple fans are just Sheep that like whatever Apple gives to them.
It's pretty arrogant to think one way is the best way to do something when it comes to mobile computing, that's why there are endless possibilities with Android.
Perhaps Apple isn't the only one showing their arrogance?
The lack of Desides is disappointing.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
The lack of Desides is disappointing.
Oh he'll be here.
Apple does not suck. It is in business to be profitable, not to cater to geeks. They sell a product that works perfectly out of the box because they control everything. The consumer who doesn't want to play with computers buys it. If it doesn't work, they give you another one at the Apple store. You can use it and depend on it without any technical savvy whatsoever. That's what Cupertino is selling, not the ability to customize. And a lot of people are buying, including myself.
I have an Android phone that I no longer use. At home I run networked Linux boxes that talk to my PCs and an Intel-based Hackintosh I built for fun. I don't need Cupertino, but for business, I'm glad to have it. If your creative juices get stagnant because Apple won't let you play, just jailbreak and run stuff from Cydia, if you don't mind the crashes.
apple makes good products. Having said that they are neither as innovative or worth the amount they charge. Apple is a brand. That's it.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
Fellas for me, Apple does sucketh.
For a host of reasons, I'd far prefer either Linux or PC.
"unluckyluciano wrote:
apple makes good products. Having said that they are neither as innovative or worth the amount they charge. Apple is a brand. That's it.
This. It's very simple.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Just being a bleep disturber here. I like to debate this issue
I've got a real hate-on for Apple. I use one everyday at work, but I don't pay to use it. 3 times the price for a MacBook Pro compared to a comparable PC. It's not 3 times better, that's for sure.
As an avid Android user, I can only guess that a person that loves the iPhone is someone that's so technically limited in knowledge that they need Cupertino to tell them how they should use their product. The lack of customization in on iOS is astonishing, yet they sued Samsung because of pinch to zoom technology and phones with curved edges.
I haven't contributed in this site much, but this is a debate that really gets me going. I can tell there are a lot of graphics people on this site, I'm one too. But we're talking about for personal uses. Personal computing is quickly moving to the mobile realm and Apple is falling behind in the mobile realm very fast.
Thoughts?
I switched from Android to Apple and back to Android because I felt similarly even after doing things to it that apple doesnt like us doing.
"Laces Out wrote:
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Just being a bleep disturber here. I like to debate this issue
I've got a real hate-on for Apple. I use one everyday at work, but I don't pay to use it. 3 times the price for a MacBook Pro compared to a comparable PC. It's not 3 times better, that's for sure.
As an avid iPhone user, I laugh hysterically at those who swear by Android as they curse their phones and pull their batteries to hard reset their handsets, and I am still plugging away on whatever I am looking at. Perhaps I am simple like that, or as you say 'so technically limited in my knowledge that I need Cupertino to tell me how to use my product'. Or, I like things to be commonly functional out of the box.
As far as personal computing going mobile, can you share how Apple is falling behind very fast?
If you think Iphones dont crash you have another thing coming. At least 15-20x a day I have iphone users in my store with blanks screens wondering why their iphone turned off and wont turn on. Power + home key and its on in 15 seconds. Happens less with Android phones it seems...
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Which, one would argue, is why Android is killing Apple globally for Marketshare.
To be fair, Apple is getting killed globally because the price of their phone is so expensive because they charge a premium for it despite the parts being no better or worse then many parts from Droid or Windows manufacturers.
I use a Mac for my home computer but I definitely like the Android phones and tablets more because of the customization they allow without having to jailbreak. That said I do miss certain options Windows allows and their newer phones (the 8x and Lumia in particular) are pretty good.
This is interesting Matt, cause I remember a chat you and I had right when I bought my Android.... you had just swtiched to iPhone...
I guess the more things change...the more they stay the same :lol: I LOVE my Android. Wouldn't trade for anything... I have actually been due for a refresh for Hmmm... like 9 months now. Until something major goes wrong with it, I won't, and when I do, it will be another HTC Android. There literally isn't anything it won't do...oh, and 95% of the apps are free :up:
In general, lets not discount that iPhone has indeed done some very very innovative things (Sorry Lucky, I don't agree). As often happens, the rest of the market was either right with them, or have caught up...but lets face it, I certainly did. The first iPhones were coming out when Palm Pilot and Blackberry's were the thing. I had both. Top of the line both. Neither could hold a candle to the first iPhones....
