1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone see UCLA v BYU?

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by dolfan32323, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    What a finish... can't believe the FG was blocked.

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That was horrible. But again, we were running with our 4th string QB, 4th string WR for that game. Seeing Bruce Davis really reminded me of Jason Taylor. Even the announcers have noted it.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Tough break there Regan. Get em next year. Looks like there IS some nice young blood going forward for UCLA. The only guy I really focused on was OLB Bryan Kehl for BYU. Looked alright to me. Had one amazing play where he took an outside rush, the UCLA qb ducked inside and Kehl just pirhouted and somehow chased him down for a loss. UCLA has some good young blood however and should be better next year

Regan21286 likes this.
  4. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    We should. When we were just semi-healthy we managed to beat em in the regular season. Hopefully in the future, we'll have a QB starting who's not actually a WR or a redshirt freshman and an actual coach rather than an interim. But I know we'll miss Bruce Davis and our top safeties. If there's a guy who could possibly replace JT for us, it's Bruce Davis. He emulates him, considers him his idol, has NFL-pedigree blood (father was 11 year vet with Raiders/Oilers), has intense fire (really got in BYU's QB's grill all game), plays better than his size suggests, plays DE/OLB, and a big playmaker. Just the kind of player Parcells wants. If Dolphins don't even look at him, I will be sorely ashamed of our scouting dept.

5. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't know about young blood. UCLA was a veteran team particularly on defense. There is some young talent but next season UCLA figures to take a significant step back on defense, whether Walker returns as coach or not.

I'm a USC alum but I felt sick the Bruins lost that game. Great drive from their 1 yard line for the chip shot FG. For some reason I have no animosity toward UCLA but I despise the Gators.

At least the +7 was good. My reliable bowl betting system is 3-0, taking any underdog if it was higher rated in The Sporting News preseason magazine. Winners on Navy, Southern Miss and UCLA. Yet to come are FSU, Michigan, Auburn, Wisconsin and West Virginia. So far it's been fun backing all the teams with turmoil. Navy, Southern Miss and UCLA all covered despite losing/firing the head coach after the season. FSU, Michigan and West Virginia have issues of their own. I have no idea how the system isolated such tranquil programs as Auburn and Wisconsin.

6. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    BTW, smart move by Walker to stick with the 4th string QB rather than the run oriented 3rd stringer who started. I doubt UCLA would have been as competitive without any threat of the pass.

7. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    True but Bethel-Thompson hasn't exactly fared well in his time with the offense. Walker's a smart guy and I hope he sticks around.