1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone a plumber or have good knowledge on it?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by texanphinatic, Mar 4, 2019.

1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    This may not get replies in time, but ...

I bought a new house a year ago, but the last month the kitchen faucet has been having some issues. Seems to be a delta addision Touch 2O type of faucet. From what I can tell, the previous owners have not had the touch part connected to a power source, but that's not the issue.

About maybe 2 months, pressure started trailing off. It wasn't a biggie since it still ran, and nothing else in the house was having problems. Then about 3 weeks ago I started hearing a hum when turning on the faucet. Thought air in pipes, tried to blow it out as told via internet, didn't work. About 2 weeks ago, the sink dropped to almost no pressure (a trickle) when first turned on, but after wiggling the handle on/off, the sink feed hoses would shudder, hum loudly and water would sputter out until it normalized and then a normal stream came out.

A few days ago, the handle wiggle mostly ceased working. I went under the sink and started wiggling the hoses to make sure no kinks or whatever. That worked for a day (with the hum and shudder elongated until pressure normalized). Now that too is not working well and back to the trickle of water.

Diagnosing this online has been a bust - doesn't seem to be air or water hammer, it's specific to the kitchen sink from what I can tell. Could this be a cartridge issue? The sink itself shouldn't be more than 4 years old tops. Could it be a blockage issue?

2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I'm no expert, but have you tried taking off the aerator and cleaning it?

3. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The little cartridge thing? That's a possibility. I found a help line to Delta and they say it might be in the touch2o electronic assembly, so gonna try and do that today.

Of course, it's in a super hard to reach and mostly non-visible spot haha. :chuckle:

4. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Solved. Managed to finagle the electrical assembly off and the block must have been in there somewhere because it runs nicely now!