1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anti-vietnam attitudes persists

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by the 23rd, Apr 21, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I recently left a forum where I had over 1500 posts & 57 friends because a moderator viciously attacked the unit I served with in Vietnam. he slandered the Americal Division, claiming it was a stain on a nations history & the us army.
    when I looked for another moderator, owner, whatever to bring this slanderous, disrespectful, treasonous individual into line, I was ignored. nothing was done & so I stopped posting their forum, leaving many friends behind. it is what it is: the Internet.

Interestingly enough, soon after I started a social club for Veterans @ their site, the attacks began. I used my combat unit as part of my signature & that is how they acquired the information to harass me.
    The first reason I chose the Phins was when I saw your established Veterans club & appears to be a less abrasive board over-all to post. Don't like a lot of bash & trash to sift through trying to gain information & insightful opinions about our beloved Dolphins.

Ultra, USArmyFinFan and dolphan117 like this.
  2. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Welcome man, there are indeed quite a few vets here and I can say with certainty that the bashing of our armed services without specific evidence to wrongdoing will not be tolerated.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It sucks people can't separate their hatred of a war with the people who had to fight in it. It seems, luckily, we're not having the same problem with the current war. The good news though, is that from what you wrote it sounds like ratio is 58-1 of people on your side.:up:

4. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    I will second that 117... You will find that there is a lot of respect in this forum for our veterans. We do not tolerate posts trashing anyone for anything though. While we all may not agree on issues, we all still show respect to each other even during the debates... Well except for JETS Fans like 124... :lol::lol: J/K Bro.. :knucks:
    That is why I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

BTW, A WARM welcome to you 23rd! Enjoy your stay and feel free to discuss anything you wish!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Welcome Brother, you will be among friends here. OIFII veteran here, 4th BCT 1st Squadron 9th Cavalry, my father served in Vietnam as well.