1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthony Becht perhaps?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinGeneral, Sep 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I see where TE Anthony Becht was released by the Cardinals. If Miami is interested in keeping 3 TE's, he might be someone we take a look at based on a) He's a physical blocker, which may be more in line with what the F.O. may prefer in a 3rd, situational type TE, and b) He was a Parcells draft pick in round 1 of the 2000 draft (the same draft which included Pennington).

2. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I could see him being a consideration mostly b/c we have nothing behind Fasano and Martin. Frankly, I can't think of a single TE on any roster (or off) that wouldn't be a consideration over Nalbone.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Why not?

5. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    In three years he has been cut by the Bucs, the Cardinals and the Rams because he cannot block and he cannot catch the ball. In three years he has caught 18 passes for 110yards TOTAL at all three teams. Not worth the effort.

6. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Actually, that's not true. He's not much of a pass catching threat, but he is still regarded as a very good blocker.

7. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    If he was a " very good blocker ' he would still be on the Cardinals roster. The guy stinks up the field. The Cardinals and the Rams haven't had good tight ends since Moses built the Ark. Cardinals kept Byrd on their roster last year and cut him this year. He is not a very good blocking tight end. Ask Warner and Bulger, both got sacked many times due to the TE missing his block