1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anquan Boldin wants to be a Dolphin. Is he worth the price?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Styla, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    texasPHINSfan and Dolfan4Life like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    one more year of wear and tear doesnt help his cause in being in a dolphin uni next year, what will he be like 29 years old?

3. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

No way should we give a 1st round pick. when is Bouldin gonna be a F/A? thats when Miami should make a push.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    is he already that old already? seems like he just came outta college....i'd do anything but a first/ronnie/and henne

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Boldin's current deal runs through 2010. He'll be 28 next month.

Pass.

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Don't forget no Jake in a trade either.

Circumstances would have to be right, but having Boldin would be real nice, the guy is talented AND Proven, and well our WR crew needs a talent infusion.

7. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    What is a first round pick really worth? All kidding aside Boldin is a solid receiver we all know that.
    First round picks can either net us another Jamar Fletcher - what's that dude worth now?

I would be willing to trade one first round pick assuming it's not in the top 10-12 for him because I think the people evaluating talent for Miami now will cash in with good players that will cost a hell of a lot less with the 2nd & 3rd round picks.

HULKFish likes this.
  8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Pass, they are asking way too much for him. They will squat on him up until the trade deadline hoping that someone has an injury and that their team is desparate enought to cave in ala San Diego for Chambers last year. If that doesn't happen look for them to sit on him.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  9. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    Trade Beck and a 2nd for him. They need to light a fire under Leinart's *** and Beck's great work ethic would do just that. Essentially Zona would get two 2nd's for Boldin and we unload Beck. That would be a dream come true and totally improve our wr corps. Oh and about his age I ask this ...How old is Randy Moss? How old is T.O.? Anquan will be 28 on Oct. 3rd in his prime. The Fins need to get this player in a Dolphins uni asap.

Xeticus, EdSta74 and Puka-head like this.
  10. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Nice thinking but Beck is not a 2nd round value to anyone, maybe a 5th rounder right now and no one would jump at that this preseason. Arizona knows what they have and will only deal him when it benefits them to do so. He's going to show up and play because he's under contract and he's not going to be a cancer in the locker room, they could care less if he's happy as long as he shows up on Sunday.

11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wilford.....hagan.....and a 2nd

boom!

12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm sure you would :lol:

Why don't we just ask them to throw in THIER first rounder while we're at it. :tongue2:

PSG, baboo72 and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Sorry but I am not a fan of trading for player who has peaked especially at such a high price .They usually go into a decline soon after .

This is team that is rebuilding so there is no need to do that .We need draft picks and smart drafting.

This regime has already proved they know what to do with draft picks.

The trade we did make we got two starters from .Thats good value.

sws84, Lab3003 and azfinfanmang like this.
  14. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Very good points CT. :up:

As much as I have absolute enjoyed watching Boldin here in Arizona, the asking price is too much. He is a great great talent, but we are NOT an Anquan Boldin away from greatness.
    By the time we are contenders again, Boldin will be gone and retired.

like2god, baboo72, mullingan and 2 others like this.
  15. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

but we're an Anquan Boldin away from winning games. games like this past sundays against the Jets. ive been saying for a while, give both seconds. there's just no other wr like Boldin. he has great athleticism, and is a monster. and he's a class act and a real pro. he's pretty young and relatively healthy. every facet of our offense would improve upon his arrival, big time. maybe see if they bite for a 2nd and a 3rd. its not like they're sending him off to seattle, where they'll see him or it could come back to bite them. i LOVE the thought of him here, for the now, and the future. he's not going anywhere.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  16. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    I'd do a 2nd Rounder in 2009 and a 3rd Rounder in 2010

17. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

The Cards would not even touch that!:no:

18. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    With the Dolphins luck of late they would trade a premium price for Boldin, he would come to us and get a career threatening injury and we would be set back another 10 years.
    He is a great talent though, wish we had drafted him when we had the chance.
    I just don't see Parcells and company giving Arizona what they would want for Boldin but thats JMO.

19. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    I believe a few really good underclassmen WR's should be going into the draft, so maybe we should be trading away picks for those future players. Looking at Boldin's stats, he's only completed a 16 game season twice in five seasons. I believe him to be the best #2 WR in the NFL, and I think we've had enough of #2 WR's. If we're going to bet the farm, I'd prefer it be for someone like Chad Johnson.

20. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Before Sunday I wouldn't have even thought about offering up any high draft picks for the guy - unfortunately our receivers left me with the feeling that we need a significant upgrade in that department.

21. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    So he's a little less than a year older than John Beck.

22. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The question really is "Does Tunaland and co. think he's worth it...at this point, with some questionable moves of personnel already, I doubt they want to put out the effort for making a trade with the Cards...and the Cards won't be coming down in price, so waiting for them to move is not an option...

I think everyone needs to accept the fact that unless things drastically change either there or somewhere else in the NFL, Boldin ins't going anywhere for a couple of years...

fins4o8 likes this.
  23. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think we may want to see if the OL will start to play up to expectations before we throw the WRs under the bus...any separation a WR may get takes time...something Chad didn't have all day...so lets not put the cart before the horse...just yet...

24. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I'd like to see it happen. A proven commodity for a high pick makes sense to me sometimes. When he's healthy he is just as dangerous as TO or Randy Moss or even Larry Fitzgerald for that matter.

25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I think it all depends on what happens this year. If by the end of the season we can prove we're one big receiver away from a serious run, then I think we will be seriously interested. Of course, that will all depend on what the Cardinals are expecting in return.

26. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Once the Cardinals realize they won't be getting what they are asking for they will drop their asking price if Boldin makes enough noise about not wanting to be there.

Also some of these reactions are funny. I have been reading all week on how bad the receivers are and the Fins need a real number 1 talent and now Boldin supposedly wants to come to Miami and more then half of the people in this thread are saying no to the idea.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  27. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i think through boldin, you're talking about buying your way into the middle of the pack, instead of being one of the stragglers who's 2nd or 3rd to worst. you can't get that in the draft, as good and promising as merling or henne seem. most #2 or 3 picks cant give you such an instant upgrade. on a psychological level, id rather watch those rounds pass, and have us not pick, then drop another 4 or 5 games that we could win. its hard, every single time, to watch us lose. i do believe our pass and rush offense would be that much better with him. the Jet games my prime example. I think we were one good WR away from winning that game. Hell we were 1 average WR away from winning that game.

28. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I don't think he's worth a first anymore. I'd pass.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This is really tough. Huge fan of Boldin. He's 27 years old, not 29. With him, the offense gets much better. Plays open up in the run game and its easier on our second receiver (Ginn or Hagan). Holes are opened up in the run game as I said and play action is much more effective. That said, I love Boldin but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up a first. We still have a lot of holes on this team (CB, S, NT, WR, etc). I'll make the trade if the Cardinals go for next years second rounder and the 2010 second rounder.

30. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    Boldin would be a move Parcells and co. definitely would make but it all depends on the asking price. His age is not a factor and neither is his so-called "peak".

King Felix and TheAnswer385 like this.
  31. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    For once I have nothing to add, agree 100%. :knucks:

32. salty

salty Cards Fan

Sep 11, 2008
    Surprise Arizona
    Cardinals notebook: Cards game sells out; Boldin’s agent stirs pot | Cardinals / NFL | eastvalleytribune.com

Quote:
    Anquan Boldin distanced himself from his agent’s latest salvo in his campaign to get the receiver traded. Drew Rosenhaus was quoted Thursday in the Palm-Beach (Fla.) Post, saying, “There’s a guy that (the Dolphins are) playing against that wouldn’t mind being in a Dolphins uniform in Anquan Boldin. ... It’s a shame that he’ll be wearing a Cardinals uniform against the Dolphins, than the other way around.” Boldin said: “I haven’t talked with anybody about going anywhere. I don’t know where that came from.”

alen1 likes this.
  33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, thanks for the read. Someone in the Club Level said its nothing big because in a week, Rosenhaus will open his mouth and will say Boldin wants to play for the opponent.

34. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I'd rather just bid on Roy Williams.

35. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008

I would absolutly hate that. Ginn is one of the best return men in the N.F.L., and Miami really has never had someone like that before. Also I think Ginn will come along as a WR soon.

36. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    straz, im not sure if ginn is one of the best return men bro. hes not as god as cribbs, hester, parrish etc

37. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i dont think ronnie has proved to be a workhorse, he is borderline injury prone, then need to give him double the carries ricky gets though

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Isn't our record really good when Ronnie gets 20+ carries? I think its above .500.

39. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

No NO NO NO No NO! We have been down that road before, how many times in the last 5-6 years has it come back to bite us in the ***? EVERY time. This regime has shown they know how to draft pretty well, we are deeply mired in rebuilding, the LAST thing we need to do is give up valuable draft picks for a guy who MIGHT help us win 1-2 more games and still miss the playoffs. I am so sick of this win-now-in-the-middle-of-REBUILDING mentality.

40. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

You have to have a core of good up and coming players to build around. You need to know where your proven commodities are at on the field.

At least today he looks better than all of Miami's receivers combined.