1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Former Horn To The Bears?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by alen1, Mar 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    alen1 likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    **** lol. Thanks, I'll fix that right now.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Fixed it! :up: Thanks again.

5. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    no worries man! things happen.

im a little surprised that the bears are giving up on benson already. he hasnt really had a chance to prove himself there, he's always been splitting time with someone... first jones, then peterson. It seemed to me that he finally started to get things going last year when he went down with that injury. but Charles probably would be a nice fit with benson who is the up the gut power runner of the two..

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I am no doubt dissapointed how he has started off his pro career but he exaclty hasn't had the best supporting cast around him either. What people have to remember is that Bears rely heavily on the run due to QB troubles like us. They were hell of a running team with Thomas Jones and Benson during their SB run.

Coming into the year, Benson was appointed the starter by default because of the trade of Jones. Teams then expected the Bears to run heavily because 1. thats their offense gameplan, 2. they have a big bruising back.

His supporting cast isn't exaclty great either, the O line of that team has taken a step backward this past year. They shuffled three quarterbacks in a sixteen game season which is only heard of in Chicago. Plus to add insult, Cedric went down once again.

He was a high draft pick and I believe all players selected in the first two to three rounds shall get a change to prove themselves and I believe that he hasn't had that chance really.

I'm interested to see what will happen this year with him assuming they have a half decent QB playing and a good O line. I would expect him to hit 1100 yards this year, just my expectations.

brandon27 likes this.
  7. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    youre right. and it seemed that when thomas jones was still there, once benson got put into the lineup... the blocking just went away. not that im making excuses for the guy... just thats how it appeared.

but great post, you hit it dead on i believe.

alen1 likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks. Like you said about the Jones blocking compared to the Benson blocking, it seemed that way here on this team too. When Cleo came in, awh hell we are blocking guys in some places. But when John Beck, the rookie, came in, it was doomsday.

brandon27 likes this.
  9. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    i agree. in a way it seemed that way with ronnie brown too when he got here. but maybe that was just how poor our o-line was.

but back then with the bears, with jones and benson, their o-line wasnt a concern. so it defiantely seems weird.

:up:

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, he might have been thrown under the bus by his own O linemen. I just hope that doesn't happen in the future because it is sad to see a player who is arguably one of the most talented players to come out of a big school. Again, I expect a 1100 yard season from him this year. I feel that he is that talented and could be a major impact in this league once he gets some stability in key positions around him. I have followed him his whole college career and was always impressed by his workhorse status. I think that can translate in to this league but again with the right supporting cast. This isn't the NBA lol, we have no Los Angeles Kobes, its a TEAM game. You win with 53 guys or you lose with 53 guys, no other way.

11. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

:sidelol: the LA kobes! haha nice

Going into that draft, I actually wanted benson instead of brown. Theyre very similar in style i think. But hopefully both can recover from their injuries last year and prove to the league and their fans why they were takin so high in the draft that year

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol. Yeah I was split on Brown and Benson. I loved Benson a lot, I believe he was my favorite running back coming out. I hadn't heard about Ronnie until the combine where he started shooting up draft boards, not heroin.

I also hope they can both prove their worth of that high draft choice because both men are very talented players that haven't exactly had things go their way unlike Burger King. I dont know man, I just dont want to see another talented player go down in shame especially one that I am a pretty big fan of.

13. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    i hear ya. ronnie was a nobody to me until a few weeks before draft day. it was all about cadillac williams and cedric benson. but wow, what a draft for RB's... potential wise anyways... Ronnie... Benson... Williams. so much potential... and now it seems that benson's days are numbered, williams' injury might do him in... and ronnie.. if he can recover might prove to be the best choice of all. I guess that sone thing to thank Saban for.

alen1 likes this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah sad thing to see. Cadillac is likely to be ready by training camp according to his comments. Ronnie as well by TC. I dont know what to say about Benson other then if Bears give up on that guy, it will be a big mistake. I see Benson as a legitimate starting running back in this league but that cant happen if he is getting all this hell that he doesn't even really deserve. I think all three can be great backs in this league barring injuries or lack of support but unfortunately, we are all witnessing those two right now.

15. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    really?? last i heard things weren't looking good for him at all.. good for him then.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah thats what he said in an interview lol. I hope he can come back, he was a hell of a back to watch.

17. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    he sure was. and he's so young. such a shame if he'd be done so soon

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I believe he is a couple years younger than Ronnie.

EDIT: Ronnie is 26 and Cadillac turns same age next month.

19. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Benson has been poor guys, come on, enough with the excuses. He seems to run with no toughness, for a guy as powerful as him, his yards per carry is abysmal and he can't stay healthy.