1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annual Jerusalem Pilgramage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Miamian, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Video: Christians show love for Israel | Israel | Jerusalem Post
    I was glad that I could be there. It was fun greeting the different nationalities in their own languages when I could. I got there while the Brazilian horde was passing, so I missed the Philipinos (there are a lot of them here, so it was sure to be one of the largest groups). The other big group, besides the US of course, was the Norwegians. One of them told me that there were 700 of them in the parade.

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    you rock Michael.

Miamian likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    How many languages do you speak Mike?

Thanks for sharing BTW: Very cool bro :hi5:

Miamian likes this.
  4. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    No problem Kenny.

That depends on how you define "speak." If it's academic level, then I would say only English. But to be able to live I would say four with Hebrew, Spanish, and French. I can fumble a bit in Portuguese and Italian since they're both very close to Spanish.

Others are just greetings and the occasional odd word. I was hoping to be able to greet the Germans with wilkommen since there's often an uneasiness between us and was able to do so. I was able to greet the Chinese/Taiwanese with ni hao/ne hao since I used to work in a Chinese restaurant. I completely forgot to say jambo to the Kenyans. With the eastern Europeans and other Asians, it was English.