1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ancient Hebrews darker than modern Israelis

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Miamian, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    How white were the Israelites? Facial reconstruction may be surprising - Haaretz - Israel News

gafinfan and azfinfanmang like this.
  2. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    part of why it may be surprising is that most people of jewish blood in europe and the US today look like anyone of european heritage with the intermixing that went on in central/northern europe and lower scandanavia. everyone is jewish lol

3. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    What's up bro?

Anyway, we should remember that Jews were insulated through much of our history in Europe, both by choice and by force. The degree of intermixing was much lower than for other peoples.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm...isn't the term "Hebrew" sort of a polyglot term?

Meaning Archealogy lends credence to Hebaru's, a wandering nomadic tribe that would ally with other tribes occasionally, or possibly allied with Mosiac Israel leaving Egypt..

Besides, Solomon was Black...:up:

5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    In the Torah, the word Ivri (Hebrew) was first used to refer to Abraham, from the verb la'avor to cross over, meaning that he was from the other side, i.e., Mesopotamia. There then is the direct lineage to Isaac, then Jacob, then twelve tribes.

That's conjecture. :wink2:

padre31 likes this.
  6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    hey mike. i hope you have been strong these last couple of weeks.

fair point, i would say that maybe my post would apply more to american jews. sure, jewish families would discourage their children to marry outside their faith (which is a fair request in preserving tradition and values), remember the same applied to other nationalities...especially those that were tied to a faith. from experience, i can tell you that catholic italians held a very strong identity. same applies to the irish and poles for example. but still, this is america and we marry who we want lol

7. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Thanks Dave. This is a very trying time for me, but I'll get through this.

Anyway, the other part of this what I meant by forced isolation, actually legally mandated segregation. Being kept in ghettos and the Pale in Russia by law didn't allow for integration.

8. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    you will mike. i have no doubt

oh i see. what a sick world

Miamian likes this.