1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysts weigh in on Miami Dolphins' chances this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Sep 11, 2010.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    They range from the pessimistic to the optimistic .

Make your own assesment.How do we measure up and do you think we get into the playoffs.?

The Aqua Crush, cobrajet and Disnardo like this.
  2. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Screw reading more, let's start the season and find out for ourselves!

felly smarts and DolfanJake like this.
  3. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I don't put much stock in expert opinions. Experts built the Titanic - God built the Ark . . . who are you going to trust? (thanks for sharing the post)

cobrajet, CrunchTime and tx-fin like this.
  4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Phil Sims is a flaming ****.. Honestly I can not recall one game I watched where he said positive things about us. He's a Parcells guy back in the day (overrated I might add) and he still hates the Dolphins.

And for him to question or defense which has improved tremendous over last year albeit on paper I can only say Phil SUCK MY ****.

Games are not played on Paper I know but we will be better on Defense than last year for sure..

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    It's an interesting division this year. Lot of what if's in multiple areas on 3 of the teams.

Any one of those opinions could pan out or none of them could.

I really think our season comes down to Henne this year. How much he grows as a qb will determine where we finish up in the division. There is no question in my opinion however he is 100% better than Sanchez. The jets won't win simply because he's not a good enough to make nearly enough throws in this league. He'll struggle with picks his whole career.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Noah built the Ark. :lol:

Gil Brandt, Phil Simms, and Jimmy Johnson make the most sense to me based on the quotes in the article. We could be bad, we could be good, it's all up to Henne. I disagree with Gruden that we'll be better at safety, but I hold out hope he's referring to addition by subtraction of Gibril Wilson.

Lastly, it really depresses me to see Daniel Constantine Marino breaking out the "he can make all the throws" cliche. This is a fallback phrase used when people have nothing nice to say about a QB.

7. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC

I still hate him.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    My lasting image of Rodney Harrison is him trying to pull the ball from David Tyree's grip in SB42, even after Tyree had gone to the ground and clearly had completed the reception. At the time, it felt like desperation, and in retrospect, it was desperation.

As Boomer knows, I'd still trade the outcome of that game for something else entirely, but seeing Harrison try another cheap trick like that despite the reality of Tyree's catch makes it all the sweeter.

Oh, and he's wrong about the Pats being the class of the AFCE. The 2010 Pats remind me of the 1998 Marlins: you can't really claim they're the same squad from the previous year.

9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, when they have 20 sacks or so, will Belicheat's rep finally take the ding it deserves?

As for "expert opinion" blah blah blah, just like in every season:

-Health
    -In Season Adjustments

Determine most things in the NFL.

GMJohnson likes this.
  10. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Nope. He'll still have a rep as a defensive genius, even though his defenses have been porous since the second half of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

11. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    I would add quarterback play to that list.

Like any other team in the league, we will be successful if we stay healthy and get good play from the quarterback position.

Can I get a job on tv now?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Only if you played in the NFL, never mind if you cannot explain the game very well, as long as you donned a helmet you can get a job.

13. Oghma

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Dang it, my dreams have been shattered. I just assumed that an inability to say anything useful in a discussion about football was the only requirement

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Only if you have breasts does that apply.

15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    big ones too. and Not like Mike Golic.

16. Oghma

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    :lol:

I thought I was in with a chance again. But you cruelly added that qualifier.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  17. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    You just have to love these idiots who haven't noticed us as we flew under the radar all year and steadily assembled a powerhouse. Jet the Jets and the Pasies hog the spotlight. The only thing that matters to us is the win column.