1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An interview with Marino

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

MonstBlitz and KeyFin like this.
  2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Belichek is still 48 wins behind Shula, which means he'd have to go another 3-5 years minimum with a good to great team. Belichek is also 69 years old, so that has him coaching until he's 74. I don't see that happening unless he finds yet another way to cheat.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I hope you're right! I'd love to see Belicheat come up just short of Shula's legacy on both records (undefeated failure back in 2007) and the overall wins. I think as Dolphin and Shula fans we have to hope Belicheat suffers a couple more disappointing sub .500 seasons which could force him into retiring to protect his legacy.

KeyFin likes this.
  4. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    "I think as Dolphin and Shula fans we have to hope Belicheat suffers a couple more disappointing sub .500 seasons which could force him into retiring to protect his legacy."

As a Dolphin fan since 1966 - I have been hoping, wishing, and trying to find any incantation, spell, chant or magic formula that would work to keep anyone, let alone Belicheat, even get close to Shula's record.

As a pastor, I have to be careful about such things......

5. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami needs to sweep the Pats every year from hear on out then. Buffalo should join in on that, given how long they got owned by the Pats during the Brady years.

Dorfdad likes this.
  6. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong but Belichick’s coaching career always included a 16 game season. Over half of Shula’s coaching career entailed racking up those wins with only a 14 game season.

So suck on that Belichick!!!