An 'Idol' loses his record deal

10 replies

[deleted][deleted]Luxury BoxOP
Jan 8, 2008, 05:15 PM

Taylor Hicks might have won "American Idol," but he doesn't have his record deal anymore.

Taylor Hicks was boosted by his "Soul Patrol" on "American Idol."

The soul singer, who claimed the "Idol" title in 2006, has apparently been dropped by J Records, a label within Sony-BMG, which signs the show's singers.

"Taylor is going to record on his own for the next album," said J Records publicist Liz Morentin, who did not give further details regarding Hicks.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/08/people.taylorhicks.ap/index.html

finsgirliefinsgirlieLuxury Box
Jan 8, 2008, 06:22 PM

thank GOD, that's one less talent-less person i have to hear crap music from lol

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 8, 2008, 06:39 PM

"finsgirlie wrote:

thank GOD, that's one less talent-less person i have to hear crap music from lol

Speaking of which when does your album drop again?

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 8, 2008, 06:40 PM

"scunk wrote:

Speaking of which when does your album drop again?

BURN. :lol:

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Jan 8, 2008, 06:41 PM

We don't watch AI past the initial auditions, which are usually hilarious.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 8, 2008, 06:43 PM

"In_Flames wrote:

We don't watch AI past the initial auditions, which are usually hilarious.

I still cannot believe that one guy got a record album, William Hung something.

EDIT: And after searching for his name... I feel HORRIBLE now. Apparently he OD'ed on heroin just today/last night. :sad:

EDIT...AGAIN: Now I'm reading this is a false rumor... Errr :huh:

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 8, 2008, 06:47 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I still cannot believe that one guy got a record album, William Hung something.

EDIT: And after searching for his name... I feel HORRIBLE now. Apparently he OD'ed on heroin just today/last night. :sad:

EDIT...AGAIN: Now I'm reading this is a false rumor... Errr :huh:

Good job on the up to date minute by minute info........ :bighug:

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 8, 2008, 06:47 PM

"scunk wrote:

Good job on the up to date minute by minute info........ :bighug:

:ffic:

finsgirliefinsgirlieLuxury Box
Jan 8, 2008, 06:48 PM

"scunk wrote:

Speaking of which when does your album drop again?

you.....suck. :glare:

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Jan 8, 2008, 09:07 PM

"finsgirlie wrote:

you.....suck. :glare:

lol great reaction.

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Jan 8, 2008, 11:18 PM

Good...now all that has to happen is that show goes the way of the dinosaur.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez