America's Got Talent...

22 replies

[deleted][deleted]Luxury BoxOP
Aug 13, 2010, 09:20 PM

I have been a long-time fan of the British version and the American version and have posted some spectacular performers here:

This 10-year old girl is this years surprise star. Please welcome Jackie Evancho to future stardom.

YouTube- America's Got Talent YouTube Special - Jackie Evancho

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Aug 13, 2010, 09:30 PM

I wasn't sure who would win this year, but after seeing Jackie perform the other night she is definitely the favorite.

maynardmaynardNew Member
Aug 14, 2010, 12:11 AM

*lowly moderator debates if he should move a thread created by the webmaster to the "TV, Music and Movies" subforum*

:crapstrom:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 14, 2010, 12:16 AM

"maynard wrote:

*lowly moderator debates if he should move a thread created by the webmaster to the "TV, Music and Movies" subforum*

:crapstrom:

Not only SHOULD you do it, but I think demerits are in order.

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Aug 15, 2010, 02:50 PM

Personally, I'm cheering for Prince Poppycock. Not only is he fabulous, but extremley talented. This little girl does have a set of pipes on her.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 10:03 AM

Right there with you FFF....holy hell that guy is brilliant.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 10:18 AM

"femalefinfan wrote:

Personally, I'm cheering for Prince Poppycock. Not only is he fabulous, but extremley talented. This little girl does have a set of pipes on her.

"Pagan wrote:

Right there with you FFF....holy hell that guy is brilliant.

I think the glow in the dark guys could make a helluva (blueman group type) Vegas show if they can keep innovating.

I also think it would be pretty cool if you had Poppycock create an entire show, with him being the MC and using acts like Rudy (the balance guy) and Haspop, even the wall climbing dancers. Let them do their thing but with Poppycock's vision and artistic flair. I think it could dethrone Cirque.

As a side note: The one act I wish stayed was the little girl dance group (RNG I think). They could dance and didn't wear whore clothes or dance all slutty. I think they'd have been real positive role models.

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Aug 16, 2010, 12:01 PM

I wished the bellydancers stayed in. Was very disappointed when Howie and Piers voted for the trick cyclist instead of them :(

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 12:21 PM

"femalefinfan wrote:

I wished the bellydancers stayed in. Was very disappointed when Howie and Piers voted for the trick cyclist instead of them :(

Really? I thought they were horrible. They weren't very good belly dancers at all, plus they had the faces of linebackers.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 01:38 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

I also think it would be pretty cool if you had Poppycock create an entire show, with him being the MC and using acts like Rudy (the balance guy) and Haspop, even the wall climbing dancers. Let them do their thing but with Poppycock's vision and artistic flair. I think it could dethrone Cirque.

Brilliant.
Really? I thought they were horrible. They weren't very good belly dancers at all, plus they had the faces of linebackers.
^^ That.

There was a reason Piers and Howie only commented on their boobs...

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Aug 16, 2010, 01:41 PM

*wonders when livesay makes their first appearance on Americas Got Talent*

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 01:49 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

*wonders when livesay makes their first appearance on Americas Got Talent*

Don't hold your breath. The basic American TV public wouldn't know good music if it reached out of the TV and bit them in the ass.

They'd vote for the kid with the Justin Bieber haircut before us because he's "wholesome".

Gag.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Aug 16, 2010, 01:54 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Don't hold your breath. The basic American TV public wouldn't know good music if it reached out of the TV and bit them in the ass.

They'd vote for the kid with the Justin Bieber haircut before us because he's "wholesome".

Gag.

Thats why you guys should cut off your drummers legs. You would totally win with a legless drummer.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Aug 16, 2010, 02:05 PM

Face wise, I'd agree with you, but IMO they were very talented belly dancers. If I could be half as good, I'd be happy

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Aug 16, 2010, 02:11 PM

Personally, I'm cheering for Prince Poppycock. Not only is he fabulous, but extremley talented. This little girl does have a set of pipes on her.

Right there with you FFF....holy hell that guy is brilliant.

I think the glow in the dark guys could make a helluva (blueman group type) Vegas show if they can keep innovating.

I also think it would be pretty cool if you had Poppycock create an entire show, with him being the MC and using acts like Rudy (the balance guy) and Haspop, even the wall climbing dancers. Let them do their thing but with Poppycock's vision and artistic flair. I think it could dethrone Cirque.

As a side note: The one act I wish stayed was the little girl dance group (RNG I think). They could dance and didn't wear whore clothes or dance all slutty. I think they'd have been real positive role models.

I liked RNG too. This week is suppose to be a second chance show and they're in it.

Fighting Gravity has been my favorite up to this point.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 02:36 PM

"byroan wrote:

I liked RNG too. This week is suppose to be a second chance show and they're in it.

Fighting Gravity has been my favorite up to this point.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I checked their message boards and these are supposed to be the 12 acts tomorrow:

Michael Grasso (Magician)
The Hot Shot Tap Dancers (Dancers)
CJ Dippa (Rapper/Dancer)
RNG (Girl Hip Hop Crew)
Harmonica Pierre (Harmonica Player)
Rudi Macaggi (Circus Acrobat)
Swingshift Sideshow (Sideshow Performers)
Kruti Dance Academy (Bollywood Group)
Connor Doran (Kite Flier)
Doogie Horner (Comedian)
Anna & Patryk (Dancers)
Michael Lipari & Ashleigh Dejon (Aerialists)

I bolded the ones I hope make it.My 2 favorites are RNG and Doogie.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 02:51 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I checked their message boards and these are supposed to be the 12 acts tomorrow:

Michael Grasso (Magician)
The Hot Shot Tap Dancers (Dancers)
CJ Dippa (Rapper/Dancer)
RNG (Girl Hip Hop Crew)
Harmonica Pierre (Harmonica Player)
Rudi Macaggi (Circus Acrobat)
Swingshift Sideshow (Sideshow Performers)
Kruti Dance Academy (Bollywood Group)
Connor Doran (Kite Flier)
Doogie Horner (Comedian)
Anna & Patryk (Dancers)
Michael Lipari & Ashleigh Dejon (Aerialists)

I bolded the ones I hope make it.My 2 favorites are RNG and Doogie.

Bro that's an old list....every act you want to move on is gone already.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 03:27 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Bro that's an old list....every act you want to move on is gone already.

No, this coming episode is called the wildcard round. They are bringing back these acts.

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Aug 16, 2010, 03:44 PM

Its true. They are coming back for a second (third?) chance. Not too spoilerish as they showed the list at the end of last weeks episode.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 03:50 PM

"femalefinfan wrote:

Its true. They are coming back for a second (third?) chance. Not too spoilerish as they showed the list at the end of last weeks episode.

My recording cut off before they showed it so I didn't know. I guess Pagan didn't know either.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 04:17 PM

No I didn't...very cool. Love Doogie!

The little rap kid I can do without though.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2010, 05:00 PM

"Pagan wrote:

No I didn't...very cool. Love Doogie!

The little rap kid I can do without though.

The rap kid is ok though. I know you hate rap, I don't love it, but the kid is good at it. Plus he's the only person on the show who writes his own lyrics.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Sep 2, 2010, 12:22 PM

Down to the final 10.

I'd guess the Top 5 seeds are:

1. Jackie Evancho
2. Prince Poppycock
3. Defying Gravity
4. Michael Grimm
5. Michael Grasso

My preferences are:
(1 & 2 could change if Defying Gravity doesn't bring anything new next time)
1. Defying Gravity
2. Prince Poppycock
3. Michael Grimm
4. Michael Grasso
5. Jackie Evancho

Though I'd pay to see any of them.