1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amendola and Gronkowski overrated according to Ramsey (who isn't)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Rob Gronkowski isn’t the only member of the team that beat the Jaguars in the playoffs whom Jacksonville cornerback Jalen Ramsey regards as overrated.

Former Patriots (now Dolphins) receiver Danny Amendola also caught a little (or a lot) of shade from Ramsey in his new ESPN The Magazine interview.

“He just got a brand-new contract and he is terrible,” Ramsey told Mina Kimes regarding Amendola. “People think he’s so great. No, he’s not. Tom [Brady] made him look good. Tom could take me as a receiver and I’d be a first-team All-Pro.”

While it wouldn’t be wise to bet against Ramsey excelling at any position he tries to play, it’s a little odd that he would take aim at Amendola, given his performance in the fourth quarter of the AFC title game. With the Patriots down 20-10, Amendola caught a pair of touchdown passes to propel the Pats past the Jags.

Irishman likes this.
  2. Is ramsey the same guy who was calling those other guys overrated not long ago as well?
    He's today's version of Bryan Cox lol.. I truly think Brady is overrated, honestly. He throws 5 yards passes that his receivers turn into 65 yard touchdowns.Big deal, wow how exciting. When did Marino do that? LOL. never! Always a bomb to clayton or duper!

Puka-head and resnor like this.
  3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No offense, but that's just plain stupid. Anyone who watched Amendola practice this off-season knows he's the real deal. No, he's not a speed demon but the guy runs precise routes every time and makes the most of his talent.....that's a lot more than I can say for Ramsey.

Irishman and resnor like this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dude is gonna wind up with an acl tear..

mbsinmisc and resnor like this.
  5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Gronk is a great player on any team in the league. Ramsey wants to come off as this controversial persona, i like his game but he can get humbled real quick this season.

I dont see how Amendola is overrated when no one ever rated him in the Top 20, ever. New England hasnt had a top flight receiver since Randy Moss. Everyone knows this, since forever. He has been a solid receiver all his career with the rams and patriots.

Why does his name come up often? Because he was on a team that was winning, a lot. The patriots are on primetime television, a lot. Not because he was rated so highly.

Irishman likes this.
  6. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Ramsey's looking at things mostly from 1) a DB's perspective, and 2) his own experience with those players. Once you understand that what he's saying often makes a lot of sense. For example, with Gronk he's saying that Gronk doesn't do that well when he's matched up with a corner, and stats actually back that up.

Otherwise, I think it's refreshing that he's just telling it as he sees it whether you agree with him or not.

This is he what said about Tannehill:
    https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview
    Oh, and read through the interview in that link.. many reasonable comments.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    danmarino and resnor like this.
  7. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    We've seen Gronk perform year in and year out. I wouldn't put him on the "over-rated" list. He has enough credentials to be a 1st ballot HOF vote IMO. That is not over rated.

Irishman, resnor and Tin Indian like this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Ramsey or Amendola?

Irishman likes this.
  9. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ramsey. Someone's gonna hit him low...

Irishman and djphinfan like this.
  10. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014

Ramsey is saying that Gronk gets shut down when he's actually covered by a CB. He said the Jags coaches showed him the stats and cbrad also said as much.

Gronk is a beast. However, I think he's far better on the Pats than he would be anywhere else. The Pats are great at putting their players in the right position. Good coaching and great cheating will do that for a team. lol

Irishman and KeyFin like this.
  11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Gronk is effective because he catches 3-5 passes a game....that's how he's so lethal.