1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing Spider-Man II gets it right....well....sort of.

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Pagan, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Cumberbatch

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    There is also the Venom rumor from a few months back.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    That's ****ing awesome... X-men = GOAT comic franchise and I'm glad Singer is back running the show. I'm not surprised they're giving him the go ahead already, X2 was great and would of been even better if Fox hadn't ****ed his script up by refusing to give them the budget for sentinels. For anyone who doesn't know, the plot of X2 was to kidnap Xavier and have the son brainwash him and use his (prof. X) powers to create a targeting system for the sentinels. There was supposedly some epic destruction, with the highlight being Magneto ripping them to pieces. X2 was seriously dicked over... No wonder singer bounced. Looking forward to days of future past and beyond.

4. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    That would be Tom Cruise... as Jack Reacher... lol... surprised Cruise isn't crashing these...

MikeHoncho and Fin D like this.
  5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Jamie Foxx has no talent regardless of color.

6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Lmao your joking right?

He has more talent in his left(small one) testicle then you probably could dream of.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The entire entertainment industry is a joke, success doesn't equal talent. If he's good at something it certainly isnt acting, and his musical pursuits are an insult to humanity.

I'm not saying he's a bad person, I'm saying he's famous because 99% Americans are brain dead or brain washed.

8. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Wow. Do you just hate life or something? You take it way to serious.

The guy has decent vocals. Don't care for his actual music but he can sing decently. I loved Jamie Foxx show. It was hilarious.

And I think he did a pretty good job in movies like django, the soloist, ray, Ali, and any given Sunday. I'm sure there is one or two I'm forgetting also.

Sounds like you have something personal against him. Take that ish elsewhere.

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    X2 was dicked over? That was best X-Men movie by far. Don't you mind X-Men 3? That movie was a pretty big let down.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    He was great in Booty Call. Seriously, that movie is funny as hell. And Jamie Foxx is a damn good actor.

11. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Who's the Rhino?

[​IMG]

This guy! That's who!!!

[video=youtube;RGl3Y1gvv5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGl3Y1gvv5g[/video]

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    NO THEY DIDN'T! That was not Peter Parker from the old comics or even the Ultimate version. The Amazing Spider-Man is not only a terrible comic book movie, it is one of the dumbest movie ever made. It makes no sense.

Why doesn't a top notch company need IDs to let people into their companies, especially ones with dangerous chemicals? I know I do just to go into an interview with Microsoft.

Why is a highschool student head of a freaking lab? How is that even possible?

Why do they the worst security system ever? What is the deal with moving three moving balls? Why don't they use a keypad or a key card?

Can you really walk around the city of New York and just see a woman being dragged into an alley? Where did all those guys come from? How in the HELL did they keep up with him? Why does he need a guy to yell at him that he is going to find him to wear a mask?

Why doesn't he ask a person for a penny? Why does he then steal the milk? Why does the shopping clerk abandon the store? How does the clerk know that Peter could have stopped him? Why does Uncle Ben try to wrestle the guy with a gun, when all he did was rob a store that most likely insurance? Why did the clerk ask anyone to stop him because now he is liable for Uncle Ben's death for asking help?

In the age of the internet and very simple police work, how do the police not know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man? There is this guy who is wearing a mask who is only stopping crime by blonde guys. There is a kid at a highschool, who can dunk from half court, and throw a football and bend the goalposts whose uncle was killed by a blonde guy.

Why doesn't Uncle Ben ask, "Since when can you dunk a basketball?" Why does he reprimand Peter when all he did was beat the kid in a game of basketball? Why DOESN'T UNCLE BEN SAY, "With Great Power comes great responsibility"?!?!??! That is his line in every other Spider-Man and will be in every one since.

Why does the Lizard do anything he actually does? His plan makes no sense. It is so stupid.

How did Peter Parker get the web fluid? Did he steal it or buy it? Are the Parkers rich? Why is he such a dick to Aunt May? He would never yell at her like that in the comic books.

Why is Peter Parker not popular? When Flash commented on him dressing better at the end, how is he dressing any different? Why in mid battle, does he spend time to spike up his hair?

For all the real story about his parents, they really didn't do anything with it.

The movie was so little like the comic books it is not even silly. The movie is what happens if you have a bunch of movie executives getting together and trying to get a movie done so they do not lose the rights. The best thing I can say about it is, "The action was really good."

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I like the fact that it has a bunch of villains, so maybe it will have a lot less plot. Take away all the plot driving scenes from The Amazing Spider-Man is a good movie. When people actually had to stop fighting and talk is when the Amazing Spider-Man became a horribly ****ty movie.

14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    X2 was awesome. It could of been even better if Fox gave Bryan Singer the budget to do his original script, which included sentinels (final showdown, mansion raid, etc...). They didn't and he was forced to cut them out, giving us a slightly watered down version of his script. Still a great comic book film none the less.

X3 was just awful... Just terrible.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wait a minute....are you telling me comic books don't have ridiculous plots, with ridiculous holes and ridiculous leaps in logic all set up by ridiculous coincidences.......especially Spider-Man????!?!??!??!????!??!!!!

16. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I didn't know sentinels were in the original script for X2, but either way like you said it was still a great comic book film.

It's pretty interesting that whatever they end up doing in X-Men: Days of Future Past is suppose to null and wipe out whatever happened in X3 so it changes history of time and makes it so that never happens.

17. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    For all the X-men stuff, got to say that I really enjoyed Kevin Bacon's performance in First Class as Herr Dr. Klaus Schmidt / Sebastian Shaw... loved watching Magneto push the coin through his head.

Amazing how often we still see Nazi's or Nazi influences in movies after 60 years...

"Business is the Devil's work. Art and creative expression are next to godliness." ~ Kevin Bacon

18. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That is an interesting place to go.

However good comic books don't have ridiculous plot holes with characters acting really stupid. Good Spider-Man comics don't have ridiculous holes with terrible leaps and things that don't make sense at all in the world that they create.

19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Spider Man's world was filled to the brim with implausibilities (all comics are, just by there nature). Every person he knew was either a hero, villain or Aunt May & Mary Jane for the most part. It was all very interconnected and incestuous. He was a smart *** with teenager attitude. The 90's Spider Man animated series best embodies the classic spider man from the comic books and this movie series way more resembles it than Raimi's movies.

20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Actually, no. Other than Doctor Connors and Morbius the rest were people who had little to do with Spider-Man, much later in the run Green Goblin had something to do with is life. In the comics at least. The 90's animated series and Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man Year One Comic did tend to tie them in more, since early Spider-Man was mostly monster of the week. For the most part it wasn't very interconnected, in the comic. Gwen Stacy was just a girl whose father was the chief of police. Stacy was completely replaced by Mary Jane in the 90s comic book, however her only real tie was the fact her ex boyfriend was Hydro man.

He was a dork in the comic book. He didn't have a teenager attitude, he had a nerd attitude and was a good person. Which made him an outsider. Raimi's movies captured Peter Parker a billion times better than Webb's movie. In fact the only reason why he talked so much in the comics was because he was so afraid of dying and that was his defense mechanism. One of my complaints of the Raimi films is the fact that he didn't capture that aspect of Spider-Man.

The main problem I had with the Amazing Spider-Man was how poorly they captured Peter Parker. They turned him from a nerd who got super powers, which is classic Spider-Man to a GQ model who is disliked for some reason, then got super powers.