Alstott Packing It In?

3 replies

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury BoxOP
Jan 9, 2008, 01:46 PM

In a move that should surprise no one, Bucs fullback Mike Alstott apparently is planning to retire.

''You can read between the lines,'' Alstott told our friends at WDAE 620-AM. ''I've had some injuries; I have a young family; I can't be selfish in that regard.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/09/alstott-calling-it-quits/?news-breaking

I always loved the way he played the game, the NFL will miss him!

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jan 9, 2008, 02:04 PM

Yeah liked his style...btw: When did he start playing fullback?
:escape:

ALalen1New Member
Jan 9, 2008, 02:04 PM

i thought he already retired lol farewell alstott. you were great

Big EBig ENew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 02:58 PM

He mentioned retiring before the beginning of last yr. But decided to play again. Then he wound up on the IR, which I dont blame him for sitting at home getting paid for that. Its time for him to hang it up. Tampa's not really a contendor so why not hang it up while you can walk?