1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen Hurns & Albert Wilson Opt Out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Destroyer, Aug 4, 2020.

1. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    My coworker had COVID and nearly had to be hospitalized. He said if he wasnt a young and healthy person, if he had any sort of medical problems he thinks he would have died.

The issue isnt your own personal chance of death, it's the fact it creates a perpetual loop where because of you, higher risk people end up with it when they never had to.

To simply say it's okay because you as an individual arent high risk, to me shows a disrespect for our people who are high risk. It's not like we have some plan in place to keep all high risk people safe.

There is a place between "Let's pretend nothing is happening" and "Let's hide in a bunker" that is the place we need to be. IMO

Hooligan and texanphinatic like this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    https://www.espn.com/college-footba...rdo-diagnosed-heart-condition-linked-covid-19

Georgia State Quarterback has a heart issue from COVID and has to sit out the season because of it.

problems are a possibility. I can see why people are opting out.

Silverphin likes this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    That place is where we are now. You shut down to prepare and then you move forward. There are no other alternatives to the virus unleashed on us by China. You just have to let it burn through the population and help the ones you can until a vaccine or therapeutics are found. People at higher risk should stay home and isolate as best they can. But everyone can't. Sometimes it's just the roll of the dice.

Den54 and resnor like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm wondering, since the CDC says that contracting covid-19 only results in a three month immunity, how the vaccine is going to work? Are we going to be expected to get a vaccination 4 times a year for the rest of our lives?

5. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I think that would depend on the immune response to reinfection.

In some virus it's better the second time around. In others it's much worse.

I feel it will end up like the flu where high risk people tend to vaccinate while lower risk people just live with the consequences, as pessimistic as that sounds.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I agree that it will probably end up like the flu. Here's an interesting article about the 1889 Russian influenza outbreak. Probably caused by what is now responsible for many common colds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...1889-russian-flu-pandemic?utm_source=url_link