1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen, Culver paying immediate dividends for Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Nov 5, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Miami Dolphins "Jason Allen and Tyrone Culver paying immediate dividends" - Realfootball365.com

Jason Allen was a first-round pick gone wrong who had switched from corner to safety and back again and had fallen so far that he couldn’t even make the starting lineup in an already godawful Miami secondary. Tyrone Culver was a late-round pick who was bounced from Green Bay and then released by the Dolphins before they re-signed him for special teams depth.

Both were considered liabilities in coverage, little more than stopgaps until Bill Parcells and company could retool the defensive backfield in the offseason. However, after just two games, in which the beleaguered secondary has done an abrupt about-face, it’s become apparent that Culver and Allen might be a bit more than just a couple of also-rans.

Give it a quick read and leave me a comment or two on the article if you enjoyed it. Thanks!

gafinfan, cnc66 and anlgp like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I still think most people don't give Allen enough credit for his being bounced from position to position and how that has hampered his growth...Actully, I still think his best position is safety, but what do I know...at any rate, I was surprised with Culver's showing this week. He also plays with a lot of emotion.

Even tho these two have made good progress, this secondary is weak and is one injury away from being a serious liability versus a liability only if the OL holds off our pass rush...

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I like Culver and said as much when we re-signed him. I think he is a heart player. Meaning he gives everything he has on the field, and it shows.

Jaosn Allen, I thought proved his worth late last year, but who knows. He still does some stupid things on occasion, but I just wish they would give him a position, and let him work at it. He has been hindered by three coaching staffs now that don't seem to know what to do with him.

gafinfan, hugoguzman and cnc66 like this.
  4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Culver is a pleasant surprize, Jason Allen is very athletic and a physical player but evidently had problems with the terminology of the Pro game. I am glad both are getting their chance and I do hope this is JAs breakout year.

hugoguzman likes this.