1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALLEDGED - Penn State sex scandal prompts 2 resignations

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BigDogsHunt, Nov 7, 2011.

1. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    However, a source familiar with the state investigation told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi that McQueary stopped the alleged 2002 sexual assault.
    NBC quoted portions from an email McQueary sent to former teammates in which he said, "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ry-sandusky-proclaims-innocence-nbc-interview

2. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    [video=youtube;EWGEHZZ-v0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGEHZZ-v0Q[/video]

Yea, this guy's guilty...

3. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    So....either McQueary committed perjury in his GJ testimony, or he is doing damage control and ruining his credibility?

I owe you an apology R&R, this guy is a ****bag

Clipse likes this.
  4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah that sandusky interview was creepy. You can tell he wants to say he did it but doesn't see anything wrong with it. At least thats the feeling I got.

5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Technically he might be correct, Sandusky seeing MM might have spooked him to stopping but according to the GJ report he was horrified and split, you would think it would have mentioned him stopping Sandusky.

6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Interesting article on McCreary in ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...there-no-easy-answers-assistant-mike-mcqueary

No comment or judgment on my part. The quoted portion is from an interview with a former FBI profiler who was fired after witnessing one of her fellow agents molesting a child

7. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011

BS...The FORMER FBI agent is doing nothing but making excuses for her "family's" own past actions...or non-actions.

I don't care who it was raping a child, I would put a stop to it immediately, by force, and most likely hurt the adult involved enough that they would require hospitalization.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think the FBI agent is right in that people don't generally act. I think we all like to believe that we'd do it differently, but history has shown that most people wouldn't.

Stitches and Laces Out like this.
  9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I can't say how I would act. I don't think anyone can unless they have been in the situation prior. It was pretty telling that on first take, while completely disgusting and pissed and saddened by the events that took place, someone that probably knew Sandusky in the same like as McCreary, Jon Ritchie said he probably would of reacted similar. Ritchie went on to say he would of handled it differently after the fact and after his brain started to normal function again, but admitted he could of just "fled" in his words.

10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Not buying it. That statement could be interpreted many ways, and it still could mean he didnt STOP it, he simply waited for the ACT to stop before he left - even to the point of voyeurism!

Just saying..its not clear, and in and of itself doesnt place MM in a better light. Along with his Grand Jury testimony not mentioning any other version other then he heard and saw something but left without removing the child from that situation.

11. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Kind of like if I was at Von Maur a few years ago, I would have put two in that *****'s face and kept on walking. Until the bullets are flying, you just don't know how you will react. It is not a matter of cowardice, it is a matter of not being able to process the horror you just witnessed. I mean c'mon, a Korea war vet who has seen horrors like a vast majority on this board have never seen, recoiled like a *****.

12. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    I don't understand what you're talking about. "Von Maur"... "bullets flying"..."Korean war vet"?

This was about seeing a grown man raping a child. Sorry...I know EXACTLY how I'd react.

13. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Read the grand jury findings and you'll know about the Korean War vet. As to Von Maur, that was some ****ing emo ***** that decided to shoot up the place. I have maintained that I would have put 2 in his head and 1 in his chest had I been there, but I wasn't, so I can't say for sure what I would in that situation. And I've actually been shot at before. Have you stopped a grown man from blasting a kid in the ***?

14. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    And now the police claim McQueary never came to them and a police report was never made. So that email was all a load of bull****. I know a scumbag when I see one.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rd-penn-state-mike-mcqueary-reporting-assault

15. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    No I haven't. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm 100% sure that I'd stop a kid being raped. All of this shrink mumbo-jumbo from the FBI agent is B.S.

Do you have kids? Would you stop your kid from being raped? I'm 100% sure I would. The same with any other child I saw being raped.

16. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne

17. I'm not exactly sure what I would of done but I can say with certainity what I would of not of done and that is allowed that child to continue to be harmed by that monster.

CanePhin likes this.
  18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't think it has anything to do with fight or flight. Fight or flight would be applicable if he was the one being harmed. There was no instant need for self preservation in this case for mcqueary.

CanePhin likes this.
  19. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  20. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    NCAA starting its investigation into a lack of institutional control.

21. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    http://t.co/BKAFdgX4

So much for Joe Pa's CLEAN CUT DONE THE RIGHT WAY POWERHOUSE.

The man is/was a FRAUD.

22. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    The really interesting thing about the whole penn state fiasco, is it really highlights I think America's obsession with sports and just how far that obsession takes us. You have university officials covering up bad doings, you have fans willing to still look the other way on said bad doings, you have legends being exposed as possibly nothing more then scum, etc.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  23. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/justice/pennsylvania-sex-scandal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Well, its clear now...McCleary did nothing but "witness" and leave.

24. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Well technically he said he made sure it stopped, and it had before he left.

25. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

Technically the first go round of the story with McCleary hearing and seeing something and then leaving is the same as what he stated....unlike his silly EMAIL claiming the truth wasnt out there and he did make sure it stopped before leaving.

Fact is, he re-stated, once he left, he doenst know what else took place - doesnt know if it re-started cause he left the kid with Sandusky. Thus, his email claiming there was more to the story was crap!

26. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Fair enough

BigDogsHunt likes this.