1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ali Highsmith

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BSQ, Dec 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BSQ

BSQ New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Everytime I saw LSU play this kid was all over the field. He is a very fast to the ball linebacker who hits like a train. He is also quite good in pass coverage. I think despite the fact that he's lacking in size a little bit this guys game will translate well to the pros imo. Of course I also enjoyed watching Dorsey but I'm not sure that he isn't a little bit overhyped. On offense, Jakob Hester was just fun to watch. Does anyone like Highsmith or Hester?

2. San_Diego_Fin_Fan

San_Diego_Fin_Fan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    San Diego
    I think Highsmith is one of the most underrated football players in the country. He will probably be drafted in the 3rd round, but may creep up into the 2nd, however all that could change with a killer combine. I love the guy and think he would be a perfect fit in Miami.

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Do u know what his stats are i couldnt find them

4. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Isn't he a little small for 3-4 LB?

5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Highsmith is a Miami native, played for Central High, he is probably LSU's best defensive player, but at 6' even and 225 lbs, he is too small to be a OLB in a Parcells 3-4.
    He'd be closer to strong safety size to Parcells, I think. His cousin is Alonzo Highsmith btw.

I really like watching Jacob Hester. He make so many yards after contact through sheer effort and he never fumbles. He goes about 225 too, and seems a little small to be a FB in the NFL and most feel he doesn't have the speed or wiggle to be a RB on a regular basis in the NFL. But, to me, he is just a pure football player and one that you find room for on your roster in some capacity. He's a fine special teamer and has good hands as a pass catcher. Maybe could play H-back for us too. He's just someone I hope we get somewhere in the draft. Maybe 6th round or so. He could fill a lot of roles.

6. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
  7. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    lol, I was raised right down the street from him in Miami Gardens. I think his family still lives there -- same block as Crestview Elementary. Every time I think of the draft I'm like, "that would be amazing if he winds up with the Dolphins"

8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Highsmith isn't a Dolphins player. I also don't think he's as good as his cuttings.

9. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007

Good, good player.