Al Groh s chances improve to re-join Bill Parcells coaching staff

12 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jan 8, 2010, 06:54 AM

Al Groh s chances improve to re-join Bill Parcells coaching staff
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/07/could-al-groh-be-re-joining-bill-parcells-staff/

The defections of linebackers coaches Jim Reid and George Edwards would open the door for Bill Parcells to hire Al Groh once again.

The idea of a Groh-Parcells’ reunion has been floating around ever since he the University of Virginia fired him. But now there are a couple of openings that would be a good fit for him.

Groh coached linebackers for Parcells with the Giants in 1989-90 and the Jets in 1997-99. He also was the Patriots defensive coordinator under Parcells in 1993-96 and the Jets head coach in 2000 when Parcells was the team’s general manager.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 8, 2010, 08:20 AM

Plus Sparano likes positional coaches who were former head coaches as well.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Jan 8, 2010, 08:53 AM

"ATVZ400 wrote:

Al Groh s chances improve to re-join Bill Parcells coaching staff
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/07/could-al-groh-be-re-joining-bill-parcells-staff/

I think he was the LB coach with Parcells in the mid to late 80's cant be a bad thing

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

PHphineas64New Member
Jan 8, 2010, 08:55 AM

"finyank13 wrote:

I think he was the LB coach with Parcells in the mid to late 80's cant be a bad thing

Yea, I seem to recall their LB crew was pretty good back then. :wink2:

The greatest value of the past is how wisely we invest it in the future.
- Jim Rohn

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jan 8, 2010, 09:48 AM

more accumulative years to bring to collective coaching is a good thing

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

Jan 8, 2010, 04:17 PM

:yes:

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Jan 8, 2010, 04:19 PM

I would think Groh would take a job as a DC, no?

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Jan 8, 2010, 04:51 PM

I like this. A lot.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Jan 8, 2010, 10:13 PM

Al Groh is being considered for a DC job in college so I doubt we top his list

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jan 9, 2010, 01:18 PM

Parcells can be persuasive. when he really wants something, he usually gets it

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Jan 10, 2010, 02:25 AM

Depends too on how important it is to Groh to get back into the NFL. He may be happier coaching college kids. If he does want to get back though, Groh to Miami would seem to be a match made in heaven.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jan 10, 2010, 02:32 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Depends too on how important it is to Groh to get back into the NFL. He may be happier coaching college kids. If he does want to get back though, Groh to Miami would seem to be a match made in heaven.

Plus, Parcells could pay him 3 times more to be LB Coach than he figures to make as a DC anywhere except maybe USC.

ATATL-DolfanNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 11:18 AM

Rumor in Atlanta is that he may take the Georgia Tech DC job. It was on the AJC.com and reported by several radio and tv stations here.